Sign in to follow this  

So some avid fans with too much time on their hands have covered the entire Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album as a retelling of Star Wars' A New Hope.  Each track is more ingenious than the next.  This surely wins the internet for 2017:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

So some avid fans with too much time on their hands have covered the entire Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album as a retelling of Star Wars' A New Hope.  Each track is more ingenious than the next.  This surely wins the internet for 2017:

Cannot possibly "Like" enough.  Holy cats!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Luke is in the desert and whining...

;-)

It must be all the sand ;) (I'm refraining from the quote for my own sanity)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

That was brilliant!!! 

But my 19 year old couldn't appreciate it as well because he doesn't know any of the original songs.  :down: 

::o:

You need to remedy that ASAP!

Cant watch the video right now as I'm near the limit of my data plan which still has a week until it resets. 

::(:

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

::o:

You need to remedy that ASAP!

Cant watch the video right now as I'm near the limit of my data plan which still has a week until it resets. 

::(:

I tried, but it isn't as funny if you hear them in the wrong order.  <sigh>  I plan to share it with my Mom, though, she was a big Beatles fan.  :;):

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

That was brilliant!!! 

But my 19 year old couldn't appreciate it as well because he doesn't know any of the original songs.  :down: 

Oh dear.

Since I needed music to lull them with anyway, and to help bounce when they needed burpies, I indoctrinated my kids in the classics from birth.

It has paid dividends.

ETA:  Like watching my fifteen-year-old's eyes light up with recognition after I slipped on the headphones and said "You have to watch this!" yesterday.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 3

I realized over breakfast that another source was the "Yellow Submarine" movie, a favorite when my kids were little.