Thes Hunter

02923: Princess of Hell as Vellexia from PF AP WotR #4 - Exchange Mini for Keianna

15 posts in this topic

I like her a lot! I haven't seen that color scheme on a succubus really, except maybe watching Lost Girl. Well painted and well designed! 

2 people like this

Always love a great painted Succubus! Those leathery bat-like wings feel more true to a human-skinned demon, I think. Looking at the module and at your work, I also think you've nailed some similarities down, too.

2 people like this

That's great! You can see the resemblance to the module art. Very nice mini!

1 person likes this

Really just totally cool~!  I really love how she turned out!

1 person likes this

Beautifully done! 

1 person likes this

Thank you so much! I love her a lot. She is indeed very well painted. 

1 person likes this

No problem. I'm glad you enjoy her.

I of course looking at the photos see little imperfections. :lol: 

Like the chipped paint on her left most wing tip. Which I didn't notice after the wings fell off for the 3rd time. 

(I hope they didn't fall off in transit, and if they did, I did include that little bottle of crazy glue. :poke:)

Nice, and those wings are awsome!

1 person likes this

I love that colourscheme!

She looks great and different!

1 person likes this

Echoing the above, the wings and overall color scheme are very real feeling.  Again, I hope that you consider imitation the most sincere form of flattery.

Well done

1 person likes this

I guess I could have gone more red on the wings. The wings were the last thing for me to get done. (Besides the base.) and by the point I was just rushing to get her done before we moved (last year). I wasn't successful, because my husband packed up my paints 2 weeks before we moved. (He want to be sure all the big furniture pieces were accounted for. So the movers could move them.)  So I didn't go back and look at the source photo again until I went to post her up here. (And by now, I just wanted her done, so I could expunge myself of the guilt.) 

So there ya go. 

She looks fantastic!

1 person likes this

Beautiful succubus! Love the colors and especially the human skin tone. 

1 person likes this

I don't use the triads for skin color. I feel the triads don't go dark enough for the shadow or light enough for the highlight. Also I like more of a color shift in the shadow. For example, I'm far more likely to use a tanned flesh or a tanned shadow for the actual shadow color (maybe even mixing in a ruddy brown). Then I'll mix whatever I've picked for my mid-tone and highlight up from there, and then the same for the first highlight color and then to white. I do not remember what colors I used here. Next time I do flesh I'll note them down.