pcktlnt

Naughty Gears - Scale75 Steampunk Busts (Kickstarter)

Seriously thinking about backing this one. Have it on reminder. 

My miniature purchases do not regularly consist of 75mm or busts. Are these great prices to jump in on? I'm looking at two busts and three 75mm if I can swing the hobby fund. Otherwise, 2 busts and the smaller versions will do.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

My miniature purchases do not regularly consist of 75mm or busts. Are these great prices to jump in on? I'm looking at two busts and three 75mm if I can swing the hobby fund. Otherwise, 2 busts and the smaller versions will do.

Yeah very good prices, especially since they are high quality and some are KS exclusives. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Yeah very good prices, especially since they are high quality and some are KS exclusives. 

Free shipping too! Since they are from Spain, that could have have been pricy. 

I was was hoping to escape this one but my two favorites are exclusives, so I am in. 

• Like 1

There's a lot of tempting stuff in this one but those prices aren't cheap.

Will be watching this.

Questions for anyone in the know. Kickstarter shows this as the creators first project but in the campaign description they mention they are fulfilling a previous project.

Anyone familiar with this company, it's history, or had dealings with them previously?

They're talking about 'Fallen Frontiers' by Scale Games LLC.

The quality of their minis is aweinspiring(I have a few that I've yet to do anything bad to, including a couple of smog riders which comes with painting instructions... ) and I fully expect these to also be awesome.

Making some of them 'KS Exclusivs' is kind of mean, though...

One, yes, but so many...

• Like 2

Actually, they're talking about their "Steam Wars" series of Indiegogo campaigns. Most characters getting busts now wwere originally featured as 75mm miniatures in those. Very reliable company with a good track record, except that record is not on Kickstarter.

• Like 3

Wish they hadn't added the smile to Helga.. the concept art look is much better.. it's that 'Witch, please!' look

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Wish they hadn't added the smile to Helga.. the concept art look is much better.. it's that 'Witch, please!' look

That's just as well. I've only pledged for 2 busts, there's 4 KS exclusive busts, and Helga is one of those. 

So that means I only have to agonize over which 2 out of the other 3 I want... 

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 3

While not into Steampunk babes & such, Jessica Thunderhawk peaks my interest. Seeing that she is one of the 4 KS exclusives, means I'll have to decide before the KS ends. Just not sure I really wanna spend over 40 for something that will probably just sit in the box on the shelf.

• Like 1

As much as I like the company, busts just aren't my cup of tea. 

I noticed that the prices of their add-ons seemed a bit higher than I remembered, and they are a bit more expensive than the European list price.  I assume that in order to cover "free" worldwide shipping, they've simply factored shipping into their base costs.  If you just pick up a couple this is likely still cheaper than a direct order & either way is cheaper than their US storefront.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Help Cold War Miniatures to launch a new range of Resin Wargame Minis for Gamers, Collectors and Painters. 
      Hawkmen by Cold War Minis Inspired by the old black and white serials but with a modern twist, these minis are an imagining of a range from a "rediscovered lost serial". 
      Adversarial Aliens, Despotic Dictators and Rampaging Robot Legions are all planned, the range launches with the Heroic Hawkmen.
      The range is scaled at "Heroic 28" (32mm) which is a standard size for current Sci-Fi and Fantasy Minis. At this size they are slightly taller than some older 28mm ranges and slightly shorter than some newer ranges but should sit well alongside both. They are also proportioned to be "fairly chunky" like traditional putty sculpted minis. 
      (Picture of other manufactures products for comparison purposes only)
      Comparison  The Hawkmen are sculpted digitally and will be produced in Resin as the lighter weight allows for more dynamic poses and makes the flying poses more stable on a stand. The minis will be supplied with plastic bases and flying stands where appropriate.
      To start with there are 10 designs available, half in flight and half on the ground with more designs, optional extras, specials and exclusives available to unlock if they are popular and the campaign progresses.
      Hawkmen in Flight  
      Grounded Hawkmen  
      Stretch Goal Preview  If the initial target is reached then as a thank you backers who pledge £30 (Pick a Wing) or more will receive an exclusive Kickstarter mini, that won't be included in the retail range. More to come later.
      KS Exclusive when funding reached Manufacture and Shipping will be from the UK and will ship worldwide. Shipping costs are currently an estimate and will be fully calculated after the KS ends as every backer could have different requirements depending on chosen options and location. It will be upfront based on the Royal Mail's Pricing (http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder) + a small packaging charge with options for regular or tracked shipping.
      A quick note on the Video
      All images and visual elements made by Cold War Minis, the soundtrack is lifted from the 1934 movie "The Evil Mind" under Creative Commons as it is now in the public domain, for anyone interested the full movie is available to view here 
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hystericalgames/spitfyre-aerial-combat-in-the-skies-of-panzerfaust

About
      Welcome to The Land and the world of Spitfyre, our exciting game of aerial warfare in a fantasy world. Enter a world where Dwarves and Orcs fly giant creatures and arm them with bombs and machine guns to continue their millennia long struggles... Come fight in the skies of Spitfyre and see if you can reign supreme over The Land!
      Spitfyre is a fun 'Historo-Fantasy' miniature aerial wargame in which 10mm scale miniatures are used to depict the everyday struggles of standard fantasy races such as Orcs and Dwarves fight out battles with 20th century weaponry.
      We are keeping this Kickstarter very simple with three basic pledge levels. The key one is 'Pilot' where pledgers will receive a discounted copy of the core game and ALL stretch goals added in FREE of charge.
      THE TARGET - £1000
      Spitfyre - the core game The target goal is to produce the core game which will include the rulebook, a flight of three 10mm scale resin Orc Spitfyre wyverns, a flight of four 10mm scale polyurethane resin Dwarf War-Eagles and seven flying bases.
      STRETCH GOAL I - £1500
      If we reach Stretch Goal I, all Pilot backers will have one polyurethane resin 10mm scale Dwarf KampfGrier 87 vulture dive bomber and flying base added to their pledge for free and the rules will be extended to include dive bombing.
       More Stretch Goals to come...

one of the dwarf war eagles fresh from the mould with no clean up
    • By Smokestack
      New Kickstarter starting in November

Mythic Games aims at creating and developing high quality games, combining great mechanics massively play tested and demoed in public with spectacular visuals and miniatures designed by world renowned artists.
      Monolith (click) instantly became a reference in the world of high quality miniatures board games with Conan, which raised over $3.3 million on Kickstarter.
      Monolith and Mythic Games joined forces to co-publish Mythic Battles: Pantheon, which will soon hit Kickstarter

Looks like you control a God (giant sized) and its faction (human sized).

Minis look nice

Live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battles-pantheon?ref=user_menu
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      This is a campaign to fund the launch of a set of 28mm Shambling Mound models for RPG and tabletop games. I have sculpted two adult Shamblers and a young Shambler. Initially the two adults will be offered for the campaign.
      If we are able to hit the £1000 stretch goal for the campaign it will unlock the Young Shambler miniature.
      If unlocked this figure will be added FREE to all backers.
      This is a World Wide campaign with the postage as follows:
      United Kingdom 4GBP, Europe 5GBP and Rest of the World 6GBP.
      Campaign Rewards.
      There are 3 reward levels.
      Supporter. If you would like to back the campaign without receiving any of the rewards you can use this pledge level.
      Lone Shambler! Choose this pledge if you would like one of the two Shambling Mould models. Choose from either SM 1: Shambler Walking or SM 2: Shambler Attacking.
      Double Trouble! Choose this pledge level if you would like both SM 1 and SM 2 Shambling Mound sculpts.
      The Models.
      The Shambling Mound models will be cast in high quality grey resin. They have been designed to fit on either a 40mm square or round base.

SM 2: Shambler Attacking is a two part model and will need assembly. Use superglue to attach seperate arm.
      Stretch goal!
      We start the campaign with this initial stretch goal to aim for. If we get to the goal of £1000 the the Young Shambler will be unlocked and added FREE to all pledges. Additional Young Shambler models can be added for £2.

• By Beagle
      Who Are we?
      Antediluvian Miniatures are new company producing an ever expanding range of 28mm miniatures for the war gamer, collector and role player. You can see our existing miniatures at www.antediluvianminiatures.com
      The Plan.
      We would like to add to our ever expanding range of unique and unusual figures by producing this range of Medieval Devils and Demons inspired by the freakish illustrated manuscripts of the medieval period! 
      These figures are sculpted by Andrew May ( Demons ), Ian Mountain ( Witch ), and Jo Brumby ( Terrence the Goat ). We think these will be great fun and an unusual addition for fantasy wargames, skirmish and role playing games. There are all 28mm scale, cast in metal- they will come with plastic bases supplied.

If the campaign goes well we have some extra characters and a potential terrain feature we'll add in as stretch goals and freebies.

More details of the pledges and locked figures are below.
      What do you get. 
      all the are figures metal cast and supplied with bases. Figures are 28mm scale.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)