pcktlnt

Naughty Gears - Scale75 Steampunk Busts (Kickstarter)

Seriously thinking about backing this one. Have it on reminder. 

My miniature purchases do not regularly consist of 75mm or busts. Are these great prices to jump in on? I'm looking at two busts and three 75mm if I can swing the hobby fund. Otherwise, 2 busts and the smaller versions will do.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

My miniature purchases do not regularly consist of 75mm or busts. Are these great prices to jump in on? I'm looking at two busts and three 75mm if I can swing the hobby fund. Otherwise, 2 busts and the smaller versions will do.

Yeah very good prices, especially since they are high quality and some are KS exclusives. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Yeah very good prices, especially since they are high quality and some are KS exclusives. 

Free shipping too! Since they are from Spain, that could have have been pricy. 

I was was hoping to escape this one but my two favorites are exclusives, so I am in. 

• Like 1

There's a lot of tempting stuff in this one but those prices aren't cheap.

Will be watching this.

Questions for anyone in the know. Kickstarter shows this as the creators first project but in the campaign description they mention they are fulfilling a previous project.

Anyone familiar with this company, it's history, or had dealings with them previously?

They're talking about 'Fallen Frontiers' by Scale Games LLC.

The quality of their minis is aweinspiring(I have a few that I've yet to do anything bad to, including a couple of smog riders which comes with painting instructions... ) and I fully expect these to also be awesome.

Making some of them 'KS Exclusivs' is kind of mean, though...

One, yes, but so many...

• Like 2

Actually, they're talking about their "Steam Wars" series of Indiegogo campaigns. Most characters getting busts now wwere originally featured as 75mm miniatures in those. Very reliable company with a good track record, except that record is not on Kickstarter.

• Like 3

Wish they hadn't added the smile to Helga.. the concept art look is much better.. it's that 'Witch, please!' look

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Wish they hadn't added the smile to Helga.. the concept art look is much better.. it's that 'Witch, please!' look

That's just as well. I've only pledged for 2 busts, there's 4 KS exclusive busts, and Helga is one of those. 

So that means I only have to agonize over which 2 out of the other 3 I want... 

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 3

While not into Steampunk babes & such, Jessica Thunderhawk peaks my interest. Seeing that she is one of the 4 KS exclusives, means I'll have to decide before the KS ends. Just not sure I really wanna spend over 40 for something that will probably just sit in the box on the shelf.

• Like 1

As much as I like the company, busts just aren't my cup of tea. 

I noticed that the prices of their add-ons seemed a bit higher than I remembered, and they are a bit more expensive than the European list price.  I assume that in order to cover "free" worldwide shipping, they've simply factored shipping into their base costs.  If you just pick up a couple this is likely still cheaper than a direct order & either way is cheaper than their US storefront.