pcktlnt

Naughty Gears - Scale75 Steampunk Busts (Kickstarter)

7 hours ago, haldir said:

Just not sure I really wanna spend over 40 for something that will probably just sit in the box on the shelf.

That's poor rational....I have 1,000's of unpainted minis sitting around! Lol :lol:

I will probably get in on this for four minis. Three of the exclusives (I am not a fun of the Nancy Steelpunch one) and yet to decide on the fourth. I took a class at Adepticon where we used busts and I like the change of scale, so this looks like a good opportunity....to paint another bust -or- add to the piles of unpainted minis. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Cool looking stuff.  Did some price comparison between their online store and the KS offerings for the "extras" and the a tiny bit more expensive through the KS, though shipping is included.  The 32mm pieces are cheaper through the KS though.  And with them throwing in the what will likely be at least 2 free 32mm pieces, I may just have to grab one or 2...  Have it on remind by my wife keeps telling me we need to have a second look at the household budget...  :ph34r:

EDIT: not all the 32mm pieces are priced the same on their site so for some the KS is a deal, for the others, it's a couple Euro's more, like the bigger ones, likely to cover shipping.  Still cheaper than paying for the shipping to Canukistan! 

Edited by Rahz
  • Like 1

A head gasket doesn't cost more than one of those busts... 

(Been there, done it, has the old parts to show for it... )

I already have Nancy Steelpunch in 35mm scale, so don't really see the need for her in other scales. 

I'm backing for now, mostly because getting one bust with (so far) three extra figs seems like a good deal.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, John Fiala said:

I'm backing for now, mostly because getting one bust with (so far) three extra figs seems like a good deal.

I agree.  Have it on remind for now but will likely hop in for a single bust at the end, just to get the 3 other figs, hopefully more by the time we're done.  

Just now, Rahz said:

I agree.  Have it on remind for now but will likely hop in for a single bust at the end, just to get the 3 other figs, hopefully more by the time we're done.  

Also, the sweet magnet / bottle opener! :)

• Like 1

Newest news is that if they get to the 15% off coupon for a year, the American reseller's going to honor the discount, which is pretty nice if we get to that point.

How good is that Steampunk in miniature book?  I'm tempted to add it to my pledge, since shipping's going to be free.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, John Fiala said:

Newest news is that if they get to the 15% off coupon for a year, the American reseller's going to honor the discount, which is pretty nice if we get to that point.

How good is that Steampunk in miniature book?  I'm tempted to add it to my pledge, since shipping's going to be free.

I'm in for all 8 plus the book and bases.  I'm really hoping that we make the 15% coupon for a year!  It may be interesting to compare between the Spanish and American site, because right now with the Euro where it is, the base cost of the figures in Spain is significantly less expensive than the US site.  Have to play with it and see how it evens out with the shipping...

Their last answer about Jessica and a weapon arm seems a little confusing, " @Bogdan Papuse In this exclusive version for the KS is not possible, we are sorry. We already have a version with the arm of the weapon. Thank you for your comments." It sounds like the KS exclusive busts will be released later with different arms? Or is this just a translation error on their part.

uGH. These are really nice, but wish they were a quarter of the price.. sitting this one out...

13 minutes ago, Malgus said:

uGH. These are really nice, but wish they were a quarter of the price.. sitting this one out...

Really?  You must not look at prices for figures this size, cause the price they're charging for these is actually pretty reasonable.  At 25% they'd be ~$10, and that's what most of the boutique 28mm figures are going for (Darksword/Bombshell etc).  

Ok, I surrendered. I'm in for 2. Mostly because I do really like the idea of Painting both Bridgette LaFayette, and Jessica Thunderhawk. 

Though I am curious to the possible translation issue @Splurch mentioned. I would be more interested in Jessica Thunderhawk with her right weapon arm in the bust.