haldir

Starfinder at ReaperCon

With ReaperCon a few months after the release of Paizo's Starfinder (August), is anyone thinking of running a demo? I'd like to, but my game schedule is full & probably wouldn't be till the after hours. Thou even then, I might be busy. Probably be the Free RPG Day module they are releasing. I mainly wanna see how it runs & such.

• Like 2

This would be an interesting try for me.

For now I'll assume that the mechanics will be similar enough to Pathfinder.

I'm thinking that as well. I do see this being, hey it's Paizo first sci-fi rules & we are trying to get away from the 3.5 rules set & such.

I'm considering it, but want to see what the final rules look like first. There's going to be an organized play campaign, so this might be rolled into the PFS coordination for Reapercon. The scenarios should be, from all indication, similar in many ways to PFS scenarios. At least in run-time and availability of pregenerated characters. 

• Like 2

Right now my only free space is Thursday morning, which I'm reserving for Boneyard shopping at the factory. I totally missed out going last year & I'm not making that mistake again. I will admit my return flight isn't till 4 pm on Monday so there might be a chance for Sunday night gaming perhaps at the hotel, maybe down at the fireplace or so. Couple hours would do. Funny as I type this Free RPG day is only a week or so away too. I'll have to wait till Paizo gets it on their site before I'll get a copy of the SF module.

• Like 1

They're apparently not doing a module this year, only starter rules for Starfinder. :( That said,  there should be Starfinder Society scenarios released at Gencon, and then 1/month after. So if you don't want to run the full AP and you don't want to craft something from scratch, those would be an option. 

Yah I just looked on freerpgday's site & seen it's a PF/SF Bestiary book. Hmmm they must have changed it as it was a adventure-starter rules book. Oh after all the games I'm running (again) SFS module would probably be the way to go for me.

Odd, looking at paizo I see this:

Release: This special 16-page rulebook was created for Free RPG Day on June 17, 2017. The print edition will be available for sale and a free download will be available on paizo.com Summer 2017.

Spoiler

PZO9500-11.jpg

This is probably what I'd run.

Ok i just read the comments. First Contact has been pushed back to August & replaced by the Combo Bestiary. 

• Like 1

At least we know that somewhere, someone was dense enough to let goblins get aboard their ship and take them to Spaaaaacccceeee...

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

At least we know that somewhere, someone was dense enough to let goblins get aboard their ship and take them to Spaaaaacccceeee...

Well...that was the plan, yeah. 

However, I was in the first group at Paizocon to play WbG: in Space, and after blowing up a good portion of the interior, we picked up the rest of our tribe, and flew it into the big shiny thing in the sky

... It was not the moon. 

We made a lovely little pff as we soared gracefully into the sun. :lol:

Out of all the gloriously insane WbG games I've played in, that one took the cake as both my personal favorite and the most downright insane. Giving goblins access to loads of things with buttons, explodey things what go boom, and energy weapons is just a recipe for hilarious disaster. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

That sounds... hilarious.

I totally agree. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 9:22 AM, Grayfax said:

Buglips * the * space goblin???

• Like 4

Ok so I can't get the Freerpgday book from Paizo till next month but seeing this picture today on their site, makes me really wanna GM a modified version of We Be Goblins instead of a normal run of the adventure at ReaperCon. Instead of a normal ship at the end of the adventure the goblin pcs find a crashed starship.

PZO9500-11-SpaceGoblin.jpg

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, haldir said:

Ok so I can't get the Freerpgday book from Paizo till next month but seeing this picture today on their site, makes me really wanna GM a modified version of We Be Goblins instead of a normal run of the adventure at ReaperCon. Instead of a normal ship at the end of the adventure the goblin pcs find a crashed starship.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but We Be Goblins In Space is exactly that (which is where that picture came from). Unless you mean that you don't want to use the Starfinder rules, since that's what WBGiS uses. For such a quick one-shot, though, the relevant rule changes were fairly minimal.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1