Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
haldir

Sunless Citadel 5e

31 posts in this topic

"Thank ye lass." Kheldarin says as he smiles awkwardly before following Durgrim and taking a seat at a table in the corner, placing his back to the corner so he can scan the room and not have to worry about anyone coming up behind him.  Out of instinct, Kheldarin takes a moment to scan each the tables and patrons briefly, trying to discern where the inevitable trouble may lie.

(Rolls a 5 on Perception +5 to Perception = 10 on a Perception check)

1 person likes this

Eóin paused as he entered the tavern and took a moment to take in the clientele.  He quickly noted all means of egress before choosing an empty table near the entrance.  No point in getting trapped indoors if the unexpected happened.  With a nod to the waitress he took out a steel arrowhead and began to polish it.

1 person likes this

Fionn greets the barkeep and passes him what appears to be an exceptionally old bottle of elven wine in exchange for what appears to be the recipe for the tavern's boar stew, and then briefly flirts with the bar maid, returns a greeting from a customer who knows him from his wanderings, then heads over to one of the farmers and mentions he had a "discussion" with the bear who was raiding the farmer's beehives about "sharing" (and that the farmer will now find the bear rather contrite and most likely willing to help keep the deer away from his crops in exchange for a small weekly stipend of honey and fish), before finally settling down at a table near the others.

Addressing no one in particular, he muses, "T'would seem I'd wandered farther afield than I'd thought, to have both missed news of a need for adventurous folk in these parts and to first learn of it from a paper nailed to a board rather than from the horse's mouth (Though tis true that it is rare to find a horse who thinks such things of any great import)... But I do suppose I have indeed been away a number of months, now, haven't I?

In any event, I suspect we shall find out shortly what challenges to the safety of this fair village have brought me back here again..."

1 person likes this

There are only few patrons in the bar right now. What appears to be mostly farmers, thou there are some townsfolk as well & a couple of merchants. All humans. Something you've noticed about this small town is that, humans. There is very little in regards to demi-humans. Besides the gnome priestess, you've seen a halfling & that's about it. No one in the bar looks suspicious or out of place. Really no one catches your eye, well besides the merchants & they stand out cause they aren't from here.

The bar maiden approaches the table after serving a table. She wipes her hands on her a small towel she has tucked into the strap of her apron. She greets that party.

"Afternoon, gentleman. Welcome to the Ol Boar Inn, the man behind the bar is Garon & he is the owner & your bartender. My name is Mary. What can I get you today?"

She says with a smile.

1 person likes this

"Well lass, I'd be eternally greatful if you can bring me a tankers of ale.  And perhaps a bit of something to eat.  Ifeeling a might peckish."

1 person likes this

"Just a pint of yet favorite ale lass if ye please." Kheldarin answers with a bit of a smile.

"Ah, even were you to have any Evermead I'm sure I could not afford it.  Mayhap you have something from Good Mead? "

** Why yes, I do have a copy of Aurora's.  That was 2E though, so for all I know Good Mead no longer exports mead from Icewind Dale.

2 people like this

Daton seems to snap out of a daze at the maiden's words... Almost like some unearthly force forced him into the tavern rather than going to inquire at the general store about the missing siblings.

"Oh. Hi! Pleasure to meet you Mary! I'm Daton. I thought I had more pressing matters but sometimes an empty stomach simply cannot wait. I'm guessing by the name that your boar might be particularly good? Twas a specialty in the village I was born in... But I'm also curious how your fish might be if you serve it. The ones sold at my village tended to have a nasty stench to them."

1 person likes this

She takes everyone's order. She notes that yes the cooked boar is quite tasty & highly recommended. She says we do have some fish on the menu. She points out that one of the merchants sitting over at the table just brought in a box, fresh from Neverwinter's harbor. Sadly she also says that no they don't get Good Mead. It would be nice to have it but with the town being so isolated allot of items don't get exported into town, other then what may come from Neverwinter via the merchant trade & such.

She takes your orders over to Garon, who promptly starts filling up tankards & glasses full of cold beverages. As he is doing that she takes the order through a door, which you assume is the kitchen as you catch a glimpse of the room beyond. You also see anther human, a young male with a apron before the door swings closed. By the time she gets back to Garon, the drinks are ready. She places them on a tray & returns to the table. She places them in front of each member of the party.

"So what brings yah into town?" You note her eyeing your gear & other items that mark you as "out-of-towners"

1 person likes this

Eóin eyed his drink warily.  "As it happens, someone posted that there was a job in the area.  The nature of which was not necessarily specified, but could be found at Ol' Boar." 

Durgrim hoists his tankard high in the air and then, with a hearty "to your health", drinks deeply.

"Ah, that cuts the road dust most effectively".

"I... I'm here to help, I guess. Corkie mentionned missing siblings, can you tell us anything about that?"

Khel takes a cautious sip, grimaces slightly. 

"Aye, this does taste more like 'Okay Mead', but it'll do." He then takes out a bite of food from his pack and listens carefully as he eats the ration.

She replies

"Yes the missing Hucrele twins. I remember the day they left. It wasn't all much fanfare & such but the way the way Talgen went on about the glory of finding whatever treasure may lie in the ruins of that place. I guess they really wanted to make a name for themselves. The knight that went with them, Sir Bradford told them to be mindful & be open to whatever they may encounter. He seemed like a good man with a good heart."

At about this time, the innkeeper, Garon comes over to table. He has a tray of identical drinks that you've order.

"I couldn't help but overhear your interest in the missing twins & the Sunless Citadel." He places the drinks on the table & continues "I put out that notice in Neverwinter. I was hoping someone could help. While I know Kerowyn Hucrele, the twins' mother wants them to return, she is just to selfish to say anything. I know they parted on somewhat bad terms, but it shouldn't come between knowing your own son & daughter are missing or even worse, dead."

As Garon talks, Mary arrives with the food that the party has ordered. When she says how much everything will be, Garon simply says

"It's on the house." 

1 person likes this

Khel raises a pint to Garon, "Thank ye kindly.  How long have they been missing, and how long to this citadel?"