21 posts in this topic

Despite not having finished my second batch of zombicide abominations, my son has been on me every day since my birthday to work on this piece as he "gave it" to me. 

IMG_6264.thumb.JPG.37638f655459f89f9efe070179f63645.JPG

Since I fear she's going to take a while since I'm going to really be pushing myself on the skin and the rest, I figure she'll be around a while with breaks to work on other stuff.  I also managed to break a piece of the ship while trying to remove the flash so I'll have to do a little repair work on that (put the rest of the ship back in the baggy when it happened as I was really tired at the time and shouldn't have been playing with tiny delicate pieces anyway...). 

So fare I've cleaned up the pieces of the minuscule amounts of flash/mold lines.  Found one tiny, tiny air bubble right at the base of the bust at the back which I will likely ignore.  Really amazing casting on these.  Of course, like with the tooth fairy, I'll probably find more mold lines after she's got paint on her, but that's the way it goes.  Next steps will be to mount her onto something, give her a bath after a last check for any mold lines that need fixing and then another round of test assembly to see how much I'm going to assemble before painting.  Thus far I'm tempted to do a full assembly, minus the plume and the ship, but we'll see. 

Of course, I may have to take some time to find some space to work as this is the current state of my desk... 

IMG_6263.thumb.JPG.85b30504e9ec348224d2ba04dbcc07be.JPG

Thanks for looking.

14 people like this

What a SPLENDID amount of clutter you've accumulated; an OUTSTANDING spot for creating. VERY WELL DONE! 

The mini is okay as well.

6 people like this

Hey how did you get into my hobby room!!! :lol::lol:

Nice looking bust. While looking for what she looked like complete I came across this site. It might help you in the long run:

http://figurementors.com/kit-review-sail-away-brokentoad

2 people like this

I like that bust!

Go for it!!!

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, malefactus said:

What a SPLENDID amount of clutter you've accumulated; an OUTSTANDING spot for creating. VERY WELL DONE! 

The mini is okay as well.

I know she's not one of your amazing hand-scuplted mushroom people, but she's pretty decent. 

20 hours ago, haldir said:

Hey how did you get into my hobby room!!! :lol::lol:

Nice looking bust. While looking for what she looked like complete I came across this site. It might help you in the long run:

http://figurementors.com/kit-review-sail-away-brokentoad

I snuck in while you were sleeping as I needed somewhere messy to work! 

Thanks for the link!

20 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

I like that bust!

Go for it!!!

I keep saying this to my wife but with less than spectacular results...  :wub:  She just doesn't understand good quality resin, I guess. 

4 people like this

I wasn't criticizing the mini. It is just that most any miniature would pale in comparison to your GLORIOUSLY cluttered desk.

3 people like this

So no work got done on the desk cleaning front, but the little lady got a a bit of attention. 

She's been washed, gone through another round of mold line removal (sneaky things, they are!) and mostly assembled.  

Used green stuff and glue so shes she's going to have to sit and cure a while.  Might get to her ship tonight if there's time. Tomorrow should be primer and a first attack on the skin.  

My initial thought was to paint her like an undead but since my kids gave her to me and my youngest has issues with zombies these days (she's 5), I'll be going for a Penelope Cruz from Pirates of the Caribbean look instead.  

IMG_6269.thumb.JPG.a0ee3ed309d25710ed7a0626b7a206b6.JPG

Thanks for looking. 

11 people like this

So it's been one of those hobby weeks...   I primed this lovely lady white but right near the end, the airbrush clogged and splattered her in a very unpleasant way.  After a full tear down of the airbrush, I found a tiny red chip of paint and I don't even remember when I last used red...   and it gets a full tear down and an untrasonic bath in simple green every few days...  

anyway, thanks to the self-levelling nature of the Vallejo primer, the damage isn't terrible but I'm still going to give her another light spritz of white after a gentle sanding of the splotchy area.  Work on the skin will begin soon.  

3 people like this

:blink: Yikes! At least it was just the primer step, and not near the end.... 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

1 person likes this

So started blocking in some colors on my little lady pirate.

The plan was:

Hat: Black but worn with a fair bit of brown

Bandana: Red

Hair: Black

Shirt: Linen/off-white

Vest: Blue

Now, I'm waffling on:

Hair: Red but then I'd likely want to change the bandana color...

Vest: Green

Hat: Brown

So the little lady and I are going to discuss her wardrobe matters further... 

IMG_6289.thumb.JPG.8cd4d6ae7a0940285a7fdc3cd1233d86.JPG

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

After trying a bunch of outfits (the mess she left in the closet is crazy!), she settled on a green vest.  

Bandana and skin got another very thin coat of the base colours, just to smooth things out. 

Now that I think I've settled on colours, I'll be going to work on the skin and face.  

IMG_6292.thumb.JPG.1822d0f402ac3b233cad9fb7c9b686dc.JPG

Thanks for looking. 

Edited by Rahz
10 people like this

Little more work on the skin, few more layers on the hat and vest.  Been coughing so I've been hesitant to do the eyes.  Slowly adding lighter glazes to the skin on the upper/raised areas. 

IMG_6302.thumb.JPG.f8f392d0ecde3c15246cea7f688e6fe0.JPG

Thanks for looking.

8 people like this

Looks great, coming right along, 

1 person likes this

The skin is looking great. Are you using an airbrush for that?

2 people like this

9 hours ago, Pragma said:

The skin is looking great. Are you using an airbrush for that?

This is all done by hand, other than the primer that was airbrushed.  Lots of very thing glazes on everything so far, along with a heavier wash of green on the vest and brown on the hat.  

Starting to wish I had kept the hat off as I kind of want to try my hand at some freehand on the bandanna around her head...  Ah well, next project.  

Absolutely terrified of doing her eyebrows...  

3 people like this