99 posts in this topic

Sounds like you folks are off to a good start!

It is so awesome to sit down and hobby with other people!

Even though I only get to do it with N.E.M.P.A......::P:

Sorry, but that was just to good to pass up....

5 people like this

I will ask Hubby if he has anything for either of those dates planned. I will try to do one, probably not both. If the July date is for the 4th of July weekend I'm gonna decline. Driving up on holidays is lame.

1 person likes this

Okay, put me down for June 2. Upon further consideration, I realized that the 17th is right in the middle of various graduations, and again, I don't want to drive for that. But yeah, June 2 paint day.

1 person likes this

Looks like the weekend of June 3rd is the current target. Presently not sure if I'm looking at Friday (2nd) or Saturday, (3rd), though...? *hassa confused*

I'm actually good either way myself, but I don't know what they have going on Friday evenings; the impression I was given was that Saturday is better.

I figure afternoon-into-evening? Three to ??? Earlier? Later?

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Looks like the weekend of June 3rd is the current target. Presently not sure if I'm looking at Friday (2nd) or Saturday, (3rd), though...? *hassa confused*

I'm actually good either way myself, but I don't know what they have going on Friday evenings; the impression I was given was that Saturday is better.

I figure afternoon-into-evening? Three to ??? Earlier? Later?

I also thought it was the Saturday (3rd) and not the Friday (2nd) being looked at. I think 3 is a good start time to maybe 6 or 7? But that's just me.

I would prefer slightly earlier start, maybe 4 or 5, but if no one else is down for that I'll just arrive early ^_^ As for how long, is probably want to head home by 8. Traffic isn't bad by then, so the drive shouldn't be too unpleasant. 

I kinda hate driving on the freeways around here, if you hadn't noticed :lol:

Also, is there a theme or do we just bring whatever we have to paint? If the latter, look forward to a lot of pumpkins!

4 people like this

Eh..  for now, no theme. If we want to do themes later (say, we get it into our collective noggins to paint Yule Dragons for the holidays or ALL THE SKELETONS or what you have), I'm not going to tell anybody that might not happen. I know better.

The last one they did started around 2PM and ended.. apparently, whenever people got tired of painting. I was Very Late, and thus only caught the tail end, but I got the impression that as long as they had space, painting could continue until we got tired of it.

Alright. Looks like I am going to take my notes from this conversation and beard them in their lairs again (this is fine, we need to talk to them about gaming space next weekend), and see what's to be seen.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I would prefer slightly earlier start, maybe 4 or 5, but if no one else is down for that I'll just arrive early ^_^ As for how long, is probably want to head home by 8. Traffic isn't bad by then, so the drive shouldn't be too unpleasant. 

I kinda hate driving on the freeways around here, if you hadn't noticed :lol:

Also, is there a theme or do we just bring whatever we have to paint? If the latter, look forward to a lot of pumpkins!

I also hate driving on the freeways (even though I don't do the driving). 8 sounds like a reasonable end time, traffic on Meridian can be an elf and a half to get down during peak traffic hours.

1 person likes this

I might be able to do the first Saturday in June, looks like our gaming day won't be then.  If it's on a Saturday that should make traffic less miserable generally. 

2 people like this

I finally remembered to tell Hubby about this :lol: His only objection was if I wanted him to drive. He would be bored though, so he's gonna stay home.

1 person likes this

Is he into Catan? Because we're on, and they're gonna do Catan terrain on the same day. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Saturday June 3rd, starting around 3PM PDT.

Ending ... whenever we get tired of painting, really. Seven or eight PM, on the schedule, but... y'know, if you paint, and you keep painting, and ... yah.

Um. They made a Reaper Order. They're making space for an MSP rack and a Bones rack. My local-est FLGS is carryin' REAPER PAINTS! Woo!

5 people like this

30 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Is he into Catan? Because we're on, and they're gonna do Catan terrain on the same day. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Saturday June 3rd, starting around 3PM PDT.

Ending ... whenever we get tired of painting, really. Seven or eight PM, on the schedule, but... y'know, if you paint, and you keep painting, and ... yah.

Um. They made a Reaper Order. They're making space for an MSP rack and a Bones rack. My local-est FLGS is carryin' REAPER PAINTS! Woo!

Tjats how I got my FLGS to carry MSP.  Kept having paint days there.  When he decided to carry paint again, he asked my opinion on which brand to go with.

2 people like this

They already carry P3; they can't carry anything outta GW/Citadel because there's a GW shop across the street and down some from them and I guess there was a non-competition agreement signed. I'm good with that; Citadel largely seems to be overpriced crap and horrible paint-pots (YMMV, mine has been complete pants so far). ^^;

So, they have P3, some Gale Force Nine (I think) and Blood Bowl, or whatever the heck that sports brawl miniatures thing is. And, soon, Reaper.

I has a happy. ^_^

2 people like this

Carrying Reaper paint might actually make the trek worthwhile for me.  My closest FLGS won't and has issues with getting Reaper stuff from their distributor.  P3 paint is fine, but I so don't want to have to manually move every bottle of paint I buy to a dropper bottle.  :zombie:  

2 people like this

Question. How is the lighting there? And is there space to plug in a small lamp if need be? Just trying to figure out what I should bring. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Blah, can't win lately. Con, sick, travel, travel, drama....sorry I'm late y'all.

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

Your challenge is: 8!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      September 25th is national comic book day! Paint a mini to resemble a comic book character of your choice (Bonus points* for any from the "League of regrettable superheroes/supervillains"

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      3 Families of color only. The 'typical' halloween colors of orange, purple, and black. You can only use colors that have "orange" "purple" or "black" as part of their names, and all 3 colors must be present on the figure.

Hard Mode Challenge!
      Modify a mini (besides the gelatinous cube/large fire elemental) to have an actual flickering light-source inside of it (with the battery concealed somehow), like a jack-o-lantern. The more creative the better, obviously.

Good luck

*The game is made up and the points don't matter
    • By Chrom.xh
      Hello every body, this will be here not to show off anything amazing or impressive. Just something that took me five and a half hours to do. Nothing to impressive or anything like that. Its a fairly simple paint job for this old miniature. It has been sitting on my portable painting desk for many years now, and I felt like it was time to finally paint it. So I could use it in Dungeons and Dragons if I ever played a Dwarf again or just to use in anything with Dwarves in it really. With the new system of being able to upload photos straight to here from a device, it may be a little weird. I have never used the new Reaper system for photos so lets see how it works. I will still be explaining everything to the best of my ability. All of the paints i used besides one were all Reaper Paints. So, lets get started.

Okay, so these four photos are of the Dwarf miniature as a whole. I had to paint over the entire mini with black because it had taken some damage to the prime that covers it. After i had painted the entire thing I let it dry and took the pictures so I wouldn't forget to take them.

Next I painted on the metallic colors that i knew i was going to do and I could see. This included the small amount of Chain mail showing under his massive beard, the large Warhammer and his shiled. These were done first in Shadowed Steel. Then I did the few detail pieces that I wanted in Antique Gold. After I painted those few things I realized that I hadn't painted the Rune Stone he is standing on. So I quickly mixed up a wash of the color... well Stone. I forget who the Stone wash is made by but I added some water and I think Glaze Medium. Chaoshead will yell at me in the comments to tell me i'm wrong since i was using most of his paints. Anyways, I did a couple of coats of the Stone wash and moved on to let that dry for a while.

While I was letting the Stone wash dry I went on to other colors. I pulled the Rainy Grey out to do the fur that lines the inside of his cape, not realizing I had missed some it will show up later. This step was fairly easy when I was painting it on, but then again the entire thing to me seemed easy and I don't really know why.

After the inside of the cape i moved on wards and started to paint Leather. I used Ruddy Leather for anything leather on the Miniature. I started with the gloves then moved on afterwards.

Alright, in these few photos I painted more leather onto his sleeves, belt pouch, boots and the bottom of his Chain mail shirt. This step frustrated me because I accidentally painted over some of the metal, so I had to go back and paint the metallics again. I then moved on to some detail work that may have taken the most time to do... I think.

On the Rune Stone, I used Breonne Blue to add some color to the... Stone. XD I wanted to paint the runes from the beginning of this small project. I think the Breonne was a good choice for the runes in the first place.

Here I had finally painted his massive beard. I used Mahogany Brown for his beard since it was the only one within my small amount of paints that would work. I liked my choice of color for his beard though.

In these three i painted the trim of the cape with the Ruddy Leather. I painted it very carefully to make sure I didn't get any on anything else. I already had to repaint Metallic colors earlier and i didn't want to do it again.

Continuing with the cape i painted it Leaf Green and had to do it a couple of times to make sure it was one solid color.

Painted the face with Tanned Skin and then used Grass Green to paint his eyes. Again this is all just a super simple paint job for this mini and is just meant to be a good, fun, little thing I like to do.

As a final thing to finish this Miniature off was a nice little touch that I thought of last second. I painted the small heart on his cape with Blood Red. 

The Dwarf is done! He is done in all of the simplest ways to paint that I know how. XD If you all enjoyed and have some tips or anything to leave for myself. Please leave a comment and i guess stay tuned to here or another one I post in the future.
    • By Sylverthorne
      Yah, I buckled. Lookit my arm, it's /all/ bent outta shape.. *cough*

Right then! So, there's a dragon in pieces on my desk. I have chosen my challenge level (3 STARS!) and rolled my colours.. and gurgled, because my dice roller thinks it's funny.

So! My primary colour is Lava Orange. My Secondary is Imperial Purple, and my miscellaneous colour is Cloudy Grey. Using Pure White and Pure Black for shading, and otherwise using /no other colours/, I will paint this dragon!

... no. Really. It'll be a nice change from all the !%[email protected] draconians....
    • By Glitterwolf
      Has the Glorious Leader of WOOF lost his mind?
      Maybe...

Accepted this challenge:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76666-the-seers-and-a-wizard-present-a-random-rainbow-dragon-challenge/&

My Victim Dragon.

EBONWRATH ( Hm! 666 KB Pic, a sign!!!)

ROLLING THE DICE

STAR 3 CHALLENGE.
      Star 3*** You may decide to do both the Star 1 and Star 2 challenges, using absolutely nothing but your three rolled colors, plus black and white for shading. You gotta be nuts!

Main Colour - Marine Teal

Second  Colour - Mint Green

Tertiary Colour - Violet Red

I'm not mad!!!!

AAAARRRROOORRRAAAAHHAAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAAAAARRRGGHHH  !!!!

• By Ottolla
      Edit: AH this forum is so unlike what I'm use to I have no idea how to format this sorry!
      Double edit: All my text is in the pictures what is this forum even help im drowning in quotes and i dont know how to get rid of them

So! I just started painting, like... a week ago at most? After a trip to the game store to buy spell cards for our campaigns (4, each with a different dm, of player levels levels 3,1,1,1) we noticed and decided to invest in minis.
      Since I'm DMing two games (one with players who are not coming back, so likely a dead game, and one thats ongoing) and I'm the crafty one, I'm the most excited, and the one doing the actual painting.

I wanted to try out different tequniques on the goblins, so they all look kinda different. I did basecoats on five of them, two black, three brown, and then I painted on with no base (and found that, so far, thats my favorite meathod) 
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)