90 posts in this topic

The lighting isn't terribad, but it isn't what I would call good either; a light is probably a good idea. I will try to bring a power bar, but I'm not sure what the plug economy in general is going to look like.

At the same time, some point /is/ made about that being the gaming area, and so many of us are gaming from laptops or tablets these days that I would hope there is power back there!

Oi! @OneBoot! Wanna come paint with us?!

5 people like this

4 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Question. How is the lighting there? And is there space to plug in a small lamp if need be? Just trying to figure out what I should bring. 

I always travel to paint days with a couple of portable OTT lights, a spike bar and an extension cord...

Nothing will ruin your paint day like not being able to paint!

I travel 2.5 hours plus to paint, so better to have extra stuff that I can leave in the car if not needed...

6 people like this

We're actually heading out of town right now. :( :( But thank you for the invitation! 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

3 people like this

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

We're actually heading out of town right now. :( :( But thank you for the invitation! 

Huzzah!

So come to the next one. Or the one after that; I have every intention of this becoming a semi-regular, once-a-month THING.

Not sure if I'll succeed, but that's the risk you take.

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

So come to the next one. Or the one after that; I have every intention of this becoming a semi-regular, once-a-month THING.

I'd love this to be a once a month THING. Husband has his social things that he gets to do but I don't really due to either difference in interests or anxiety.

5 people like this

7 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'd love this to be a once a month THING. Husband has his social things that he gets to do but I don't really due to either difference in interests or anxiety.

I'd love to have a social thing to do, even if it means facing the dreaded freeway. So I'm down for this being a once a month THING.

5 people like this

On 5/29/2017 at 4:43 PM, Sylverthorne said:

I will certainly plan on it the next time I'm in the area! ^_^ My sister and her family live in Issaquah, so occasional visits do happen. 

Huzzah!

4 people like this

Aaaaaaaah!!  The first one is scheduled for two days from now, right?!?  Somehow I thought I'd be able to come and now I'm not sure.  My kids have been passing around a cold which I may or may not have been fighting off.  I am not prepared.  I'd like to come, but it may come down to whether my 9th grader needs me at home to crack the homework whip--it's getting to the deadline for handing in work and she's going to need summer school if she doesn't get her English stuff handed in.  

Being responsible sucks.  :down:  

4 people like this

Cursed adulting!

And, yah, I think the third is about two days from now. ^^;

No idea who all is likely to show, just hoping for more than only me.

Outta curiosity, for purposes of continual scheduling, is roughly first/second Saturday useful for everybody? I say 'roughly' because I have a gaming session that goes every other week, and it might land on the same days. I can't /quite/ paint and game at the same time (and my fellow gamers are kinda noisy... but, yanno. Dragonlance..).

5 people like this

Generally Saturday afternoons are a good time, I can't predict which ones we'll be free and which ones we won't.  But I hope to make it there some time!  

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

Cursed adulting!

And, yah, I think the third is about two days from now. ^^;

No idea who all is likely to show, just hoping for more than only me.

Outta curiosity, for purposes of continual scheduling, is roughly first/second Saturday useful for everybody? I say 'roughly' because I have a gaming session that goes every other week, and it might land on the same days. I can't /quite/ paint and game at the same time (and my fellow gamers are kinda noisy... but, yanno. Dragonlance..).

I think the first or second Saturday of the month is good for me. Husbands game group meets when they can, not on a regular basis but about once every 4-6 weeks. I'll find out more and get back to you. And barring some sort of something happening I will definitely be there this Saturday.

2 people like this

Lookin' at a calendar (for the correct month, even!), it looks like July 1st is free on my end, so I'll try and set up the one after this for that Saturday; give everybody a good long while for plotting. ^^;

In the meantime, hopefully.. there will be a good crowd, and many Bones!

.. sadly, I don't expect to have my paint station this weekend; that's still in Mail Delivery Limbo (Shroedinger's Mailbox!). Ah, well. ^^;

4 people like this

On 6/1/2017 at 2:07 PM, Sylverthorne said:

Lookin' at a calendar (for the correct month, even!), it looks like July 1st is free on my end, so I'll try and set up the one after this for that Saturday; give everybody a good long while for plotting. ^^;

In the meantime, hopefully.. there will be a good crowd, and many Bones!

.. sadly, I don't expect to have my paint station this weekend; that's still in Mail Delivery Limbo (Shroedinger's Mailbox!). Ah, well. ^^;

I hope it goes splendidly for you! ^_^ I wish I could make it, but an 8 hour round trip is a little much for a single painting day. Hopefully I'll be in town sometime during one of these!

Huzzah!

3 people like this

Scheduling snafu (gorrafuzzypants, do these people /not/ talk to each other?!) means we're not actually on the schedule for tomorrow, we're apparently on for the 17th. ... Whut? Okay. Whatever. We'll show up anyway and they can handle it, because ... because I said so. It has been implied we will get a front table, rather than a back table, so there may be light and curious folks. Eh.

Feel free to turn up on the 17th, if possible; it IS Free RPG Day, and there will probably be other goodies....

However, I am going to make damn sure this does not happen again for July, because I am NOT AMUSED (even if it may be partially my fault. That actually makes it much less funny. Later, it will be very amusing, but right now, I am kind of frothing and ready to throw actual fireballs, rather than candy).

5 people like this

7 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Scheduling snafu (gorrafuzzypants, do these people /not/ talk to each other?!) means we're not actually on the schedule for tomorrow, we're apparently on for the 17th. ... Whut? Okay. Whatever. We'll show up anyway and they can handle it, because ... because I said so. It has been implied we will get a front table, rather than a back table, so there may be light and curious folks. Eh.

Feel free to turn up on the 17th, if possible; it IS Free RPG Day, and there will probably be other goodies....

However, I am going to make damn sure this does not happen again for July, because I am NOT AMUSED (even if it may be partially my fault. That actually makes it much less funny. Later, it will be very amusing, but right now, I am kind of frothing and ready to throw actual fireballs, rather than candy).

In that case I'll plan on showing up tomorrow and see what happens. 

4 people like this