Now that the Marid and Hippocampus chariot is finished, it's time to move on to the next project: the Tiik! I picked up five of them (one is a baron) and would like to paint them in exotic color schemes. Here are a few that I have found:

6cdf62b24f747683219252c0f41d9921.jpg

0410080732081pano-discus_5_colors-852x46

Flame+Angelfish.jpg

Anyone else have some cool ideas? I'm avoiding clownfish because I don't want Nemo in my army...

Edited by Sharkbelly
  • Like 7

How about the deadly and invasive Lionfish? Lots of fun stripes and dots to paint. They range in color from brown to almost red. 

local_04_temp-1467953982-577f333e-620x34

Sorry, most tropical fish colors just seem cutesy to me. 

• Like 1

There are many awesome sea creatures out there.

Pick one you like, and what you think you can emulate.

Cichlids are territorial and agressive fish. They also have amazing color schemes. The second picture you show is a group shot of discus fish, which are part of the cichlid group.

firefish_best_4.jpg

Nyererei-750x280.jpg

53b1ed953e372fb8344db172c4a4835d.jpg

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      When you want fish men on the table you can never have too many of them. Here are two more tiik warriors, with spawn in tow, and a champion. I painted the champion in predator fish colors, dark blue and grey, kind of shark like. He is on a Bag of Crap base with a ruined stela.  The warriors are on swamp terrain bases that I built. 

• By Inarah
      This started when I found fishmen bodies in the trade-in bin at Reapercon.  Thanks to everyone who helped me search for hours for the arms. I completely forgot that they had detached tails as well and ended up sculpting some very poor imitations when I got home.  Went through the bits box and gave the two big guys some added weapons, one has a sword, the other a magic staff topped with a chunk of coral. Dug out some Bones from one of the KS to add to the mix. 

Their names are War, Pestilence, Famine, Death, and Bad Gumbo. 

I finished painting them in December, but just got the bases done this weekend. 

• By jscurrier
      Working on a set of 6 of these to start.. will have about 12-15 to paint. Wanted to get a wet slick look to them, sort of sharky.

Sahuagin Raiders

• By Mothsniper
      Hello guys. 
       (First time here) 

Building small diorama with a Tiik and Mudcroaks. 
        I also have Spikeshells and more Tiiks alongside big Kallaguk.
          Do not know how to arrange them yet, but progress so far. 

Enjoy. 

• By viking_hank
      table top mini from the big box of minis. I had a hard time figuring out what color I wanted to do on this guy. finally chose colors that would make him look like a giant gold fish from hell. I think I should have gone with a better contrasting eye color, it sort of blends in. all in all a fun mini to paint. sorry about the crap photos still trying to learn what works there. this is one of the minis I want to get in metal after painting it in bones. awesome sculpt but lost some detail. I got rid of the trident and added a spear.  the original weapon was bent beyond repair, I thought, then I realized it was just the position of the leg that made it seem hopeless. the replacement spear bent also. LOL

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)