Sign in to follow this  
Captain Thorrek

Superhero Eyes, question

I'm making a volcanic themed Koborlas army, with only 300 pts. (Takhi, Luta, and two sentries).  The thing is, instead of using the Koborlas minis, I'm using Superheroes (Lady Tiger, Firefox, Twister, and Shadow Talon).  My color pallet is Black, Dark Red, Orange, and a yellow highlight.  My big question would be though, with the superheroes wearing masks, would it be better to go with the tutorial on doing the eyes in the forum guide (using Reaper's Linen White in that case), or maybe going with orange eyes with a yellow highlight and red masks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! ::):

You can go all 80s and 90s style and just paint them blank white.

We used to have a running joke in our Marvel Superheroes game that somewhere there was a factory that made the plain white contact lenses for all of the super costumes.

Not sure, but I suspect there's a reason masked superheroes often have blank white eyes in the comics.

Take this with a grain of salt (because it's just my personal preference), but looking at painted up superhero minis, I just think they look better with single-color eyes than trying to go all expressive in them.

ETA: Oh, hi, Dilvish.  I figured they had lined they eyeholes with some white scrim you could see through from the inside but which would disguise your eye color and distinguishing marks from the outside.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 3

Thanks for the replies, guys!  Will do Linen White for Firefox's eyes, and Yellow for Twister and Lady Tiger (Going to go with the Fire effect from the forum guides for the hair on those two, so figure yellow would make a better eye color).

• Like 1