JackMann

Crowdfunding: The Game

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hmm. The only thing I don't like is the failed campaigns. It should definitely be in the game, but there should be something for them to do during Fulfillment.

Things like Made in China should be options players can choose, rather than random events. They should represent the strategy the player is picking.

Edited by JackMann
2 people like this

So you choose things like "overseas manufacturing" or "local manufacturing".  Overseas may be cheaper or allow you to manage a bigger project, but have more risk associated with it.  

If you have a generic event deck, maybe you would double or triple the result any time a delay is pulled, or maybe each event has a different effect depending on your early game choices, but would more frequently be negative (or more negative) with high risk options.  

Alternatively, if people pull from the (bad) event deck individually, someone with a high risk may pull more cards than someone with a low risk.  The more I think about it, the more I think everyone should pull from the event deck for their own projects.  That way I can have a delay while you get bad publicity and someone else pulls an angry backer.   

2 people like this

Events:

Chinese New Year!  Production delayed X weeks

Production facility makes totally incorrect product (see GNL mats)

USPS spikes shipping rates

Also things that can help the designer like

Escrow Company:  Insulates you from funding loss due to production mishap

Backup production:  Contract with second production company insulates you from x weeks of production delays.

1 person likes this

::o:  

This is ingenious!

1 person likes this

What have I done?!?

Anyway, in my original vague conception this could be a coop style game.  The hardest coop game there ever was.

2 people like this

I hate to say it... I'd probably support this on kickstarter as a concept because reasons.  Even if it never saw production, it would be like supporting the death star.  way too much entertainment value!

hmmn...

needs some positive effect statuses like "well-written campaign" or "persuasive creator" that would provide +x backers.  maybe community reputation: positive/negative to reflect "past history."  that could be played on another player as a negative effect or self as a positive?

also, there needs to be a cute kitten card.  a unique object that adds a huge advantage!

what about all the kickstarters that are out there for sheer entertainment value but actually don't provide any rewards?  I don't know how to incorporate those.

2 people like this

I want this to be a thing so very badly. :O

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I would back this solely on the idea that I would be backing a Kickstarter about running a Kickstarter.  I wouldn't even care if it didn't fulfill.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Might want ReaperBryan as a consultant; I hear he might know a thing or two about the process. I'd buy it. Get Izzy or Phil Foglio to do the art, and I'm there in a red hot minute.

Edited by Dr.Bedlam

I am a fan of pretty games like the wood sprite tree building game- can't remember it's name. Point being a feature it had was seasons where there are extra points scored for meeting the season goal. Could that be incorporated where it affects the way players think and plan ahead, hoarding certain cards for season events? Maybe that's where Chinese New Year could come into play? Or product delivered in time for Christmas?

22 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Might want ReaperBryan as a consultant; I hear he might know a thing or two about the process. I'd buy it. Get Izzy or Phil Foglio to do the art, and I'm there in a red hot minute.

::o:   Yes.

I would also suggest John Kovalic as a possibility.

36 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

[MOD]

Just to be clear, neither these people nor Reaper have agreed to create/consult for/Kickstart this project. If it ever ends up becoming a project.

[/MOD]

It would be super cool, though. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I didn't see it as an actual Kickstarter project, more of a community-brewed game that satirizes / emulated Kickstarter projects.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

I didn't see it as an actual Kickstarter project, more of a community-brewed game that satirizes / emulated Kickstarter projects.

That's how I saw it.

But creating an *actual* game for Kickstarter with all of us as contributors? Not just NO, but HELL NO! The logistics of it would be atrocious.

Now a home brew game to play for kicks during ReaperCon, I'm all for it.