Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghool

Anson Durst and Zaal, the Ancestral Advocate

14 posts in this topic

Stunning!

1 person likes this

Wow those are amazing! I hope I can do that someday. The green necrotic fire is perfect!

3 people like this

Awesome job as always!

Does this mean there's a video of Durst forthcoming too?  

3 people like this

Your painting is so stunning and beautiful! I do have a question, I have noticed with the Privateer Press models there are a lot of poorly placed mold lines, how did you get these minis to look so clean? Do you use a special tool?

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Gargs said:

Awesome job as always!

Does this mean there's a video of Durst forthcoming too?  

Yes. It releases in 3 weeks. I just cover the armour though.

1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

Your painting is so stunning and beautiful! I do have a question, I have noticed with the Privateer Press models there are a lot of poorly placed mold lines, how did you get these minis to look so clean? Do you use a special tool?

Just a sharp Xacto blade for the resin bits and a standard file for the metal.

You'd be surprised what you can hide with paint.....:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Consequence said:

Wow those are amazing! I hope I can do that someday. The green necrotic fire is perfect!

I am a firm believer that anyone can master the technical ability required to paint minis. All it takes is practice. Just be persistent and you can paint to whatever level you desire.

6 people like this

Wow these are great.

. I have just resently tried to paint gems. Yours look  fantastic. I only painted one white dot, you Seem to paint more and in some places a couple of stripes-ish.. 

2 people like this

Awesome!!!

Love the highlights on the armor, also great fire effect.

2 people like this

Amazing! 

2 people like this

6 hours ago, LarsM said:

Wow these are great.

. I have just resently tried to paint gems. Yours look  fantastic. I only painted one white dot, you Seem to paint more and in some places a couple of stripes-ish.. 

How to Paint Gemstones

2 people like this

Both pieces are VERY WELL DONE, but I LOVE the base you crafted for the Big Steam Dude...to me, that is an inspiring creation.

1 person likes this

nice job  i like your color scheme

1 person likes this

They both look fantastic!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wdmartin
      At GenCon I stopped by the Privateer Press booth and picked up a model called "The Wicked Harvest," which appears to be a sort of undead tree with accompanying temptress.  I have no idea what the lore of this critter is like in whatever game system it was designed for, but there's an undead tree coming up in my players' future, and this will do nicely!  Here are all the bits, partially assembled and primed with Tamiya Fine Primer.

Here's a slightly closer look at the tree:

This guy is made of grey resin, and came in seven pieces:

- the top left branch (on left)
       - a hangman's noose (on left branch)
       - the top right branch (on right)
       - a secondary branch for the right branch (attached)
       - a secondary branch for the left branch (attached to the side of his head)
       - a left arm
       - a right arm
       - the trunk

This guy is dangerous.  He's already drawn blood!  Specifically I jabbed my finger pretty well with an exacto knife while cleaning some flash off him.  Ouch.

I've opted to paint the upper branches separately because I think it would have been exceptionally difficult to do it properly with everything fully assembled.  I didn't pin the pieces in place, but the attachment spots are sufficiently large that I'm not too concerned about it.  Plenty of surface area there for a strong join.

And here is his temptress friend.

According to the stock photo on the box, these two are a matched pair and designed to be based and treated as a single unit.  But I have no need to keep 'em as a pair, so she gets her own base.  This one is from Micro Arts Studio -- a 25 mm one from their Ancient line.  I have found these particular bases from Micro Arts Studio difficult to use.  They've got a lot of interesting detail, but there's precious little room to actually attach a figure.  I had to remove a "loose brick" from this one in order for the lady to have enough space to stand.  But she does fit, so yay.

The apple basket came with the Wicked Harvest kit.  I pinned it to one of the two bits of rubble here.

And now that they're primed, I have found more mold lines.  Yaaaay.
    • By GodOfCheese
      I think I got this and a couple of other Warmachine minis at garage sales. This one had seen a little abuse (some by me), but I always figured it'd make a good creepy dragon or horror creature someday, if I could figure out what its ecology was like. I painted this one to take a break from another mini that was kind of stalled.

The dude is about 60% base, because he's metal and the wings are quite heavy. His original base was pretty small, so I wanted to put something wider and heavier (read: more stable) underneath him.  I'm really happy with the output!

• By aku-chan
      I held out for almost 5 days before I could no longer resist starting something from my Grymkin starter set.

Wasn't sure what I wanted to paint, but a bit of dice rolling randomly selected the Skin and Moans Warbeast:-

The Internet has lied to me though.
      According to an un-boxing video I watched, I should've been able to assemble the whole starter set in about 3 hours, but it took me 2 hours to do just this one guy.
    • By Silver Jack
      Hi,
      I started collecting Cygnar in January, and few days ago i had my first match for 25 point. Simultaneously I paint Cryx for my girlfriend who is my opponent. Im really proud of ranger and maddox bases, and painting of Maddox (female warcaster with big sword) because everyone is complaining she has terrible sculpt, i think its interesting with nice pose.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)