Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lovejoy

Finally painted a few more Burrows & Badgers...

11 posts in this topic

I LOVE those! They all look amazing and I love the display you have done. The mouse coffin is really cool!

1 person likes this

So nice!  I like those!  Such characterful anthros (both sculpts and paint jobs).  And such an epic display piece.  I bet there's a story behind it.

1 person likes this

Awesome! They're fantastic! May I ask what line of figures these are? 

1 person likes this

Burrows and Badgers from Oathsworn (which is to say Lovejoy, et al.)

Love the sculpting as much as the painting, btw.

3 people like this

Thanks everyone!

Cyradis, as Doug kindly points out, these are from our Burrows & Badgers line. I sculpt them, but I don't often get time to paint them...

1 person likes this

nice job :)

1 person likes this

Excellent great furs and that owl rocks!

1 person likes this

Beautiful work, and such smooth, tidy paint jobs! I love the ink spatters on the mouse scribe's hand, and the stained glass window is lovely! :wub:

It always makes me so happy to see pieces painted by the awesome people that put so much work and love into sculpting them. ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D

2 people like this

We definitely need to help you get more time to paint. 

2 people like this

Fantastic paint jobs!

And the display piece looks amazing; good work!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JackMann

Painting up a rat dude for a Pathfinder game I'm in. I wanted to go with an albino white rat look. I had trouble getting the skin to come out right at first. I'd gone with a medium caucasian skintone (Vallejo Medium Flesh), washed with GW Carroburg Crimson, and then highlighted with Vallejo Highlight Skin, a very pale skintone. I wanted to go with a high contrast. It ended up not working quite as well as I had hoped. Adding in some Reaper Old West Rose where the Medium Flesh showed helped a lot. In the future, I think I'll either add a midtone in between the two skin colors, or else start with a pink like the Old West Rose. The end result isn't too bad, but I think I can get there faster, and with a less mesy looking result.

I used my Scale 75 steel alchemy set, using their guide for a more blue steel for the sword and chainmail. I think I'll want to add in a bit more of a neutral steel color for the midtones. Right now, it's coming across too blue and green. After that, I need to finish up the fur cloak, do some finishing on the leather belt, and add some basing.
    • By Maledrakh
      Back in 2013, Oathsworn had a kickstarter for a range of oldhammery heroes, with dwarves, halflings, and a few monsters like the efreet and shambling mound that I have painted earlier.

I am very slowly getting round to them, one at a time:

This is Tardog Wolfskinner, Ogre vagabond from that set. 
      Full of that oldhammer character and charm.

Now if only I could remenber where I put the rest of those minis...

Tardog Wolfskinner, Ogre vagabond
      from the Oathsworn Heroes KS (2013)
      Oathsworn Miniatures
      sculpted by Michael Lovejoy
      white metal
      40mm base
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      Here is the mighty Shrew-zerker, from the Burrows and Badgers line (and game) from Oathsworn.

Sorry about the shininess, as he's a for play piece so I gloss coated him, and its been too humid or damp to dull coat him for the last couple of weeks.  I'll update with some new pics whenever I get a chance to spray him.
      He's a great little fig (Oathsworn's anthropomorphic figs are scaled like the actual animals are, so shrews are pretty tiny, around 20mm) and was fun and quick to paint.  He's been done for a while but my basing stuff was all away from moving to a new painting space.  I finally found some and put a quick and simple base on him. Hopefully as I get more used to basing with flock again (its been....a while) my bases will improve for future B&B figs.

Update!
      Dull coated and with improved photography....

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Next we have the Shrew Warrior.

Again, sorry about the shininess.  I'll post new pics once the weather cooperates for dull coating.
      Another fun little guy, full of character.

Update!
      It actually stopped raining long enough to spray some dull coat.  I've also been messing around with my phone and background to get less washed out pics.

• By Maledrakh
      Oathsworn's fourth kickstarter project was Clan McFiggin, a set of 12 dwarf brewers, back in 2014.
      Time to get this party started!

This is Ancient McFiggin, the eldest of the lot, and presumably prime taster for the brewery.

There is something strange going on with his mouth. Not sure what is supposed to be what, so I went for dentures. Possibly is should have been the upper lip. Whatever.

Ancient McFiggin
      from the Clan McFiggin KS
      Oathsworn Miniatures
      Metal
      30mm bases
  • Who's Online   54 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)