Sign in to follow this  
Lovejoy

Finally painted a few more Burrows & Badgers...

I LOVE those! They all look amazing and I love the display you have done. The mouse coffin is really cool!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Cyradis, as Doug kindly points out, these are from our Burrows & Badgers line. I sculpt them, but I don't often get time to paint them...

• Like 1

Beautiful work, and such smooth, tidy paint jobs! I love the ink spatters on the mouse scribe's hand, and the stained glass window is lovely! :wub:

It always makes me so happy to see pieces painted by the awesome people that put so much work and love into sculpting them. ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

Fantastic paint jobs!

And the display piece looks amazing; good work!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lovejoy
      Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.
      Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...
      So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.

After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.

I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!
      cheers
      Michael

• By Pochi
      Here are the mouseling druid and beekeeper. The beekeeper will eventually go in a diorama once I get it finished.

These were fun to paint and pretty quick. The beekeeper is the mini for the Reaper Facebook Quarterly Contest. Since I am not entering, I can show mine!

I was going to do a green cloak on the druid but he reminded me so much of an Ewok....well, you see what happened. They are adorable!

• By Pingo
      So I realized I only had one painted dwarf (!) when one of my GMs asked me if I had anything for the Jadeborn, a race in Exalted that is roughly equivalent to dwarves except for the 0.001% who are roughly equivalent to elves. And they are also sort of stone golems. Based on jade.

I thought Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, would do well for one of the elfy artisan Jadeborn and I pulled out a random assortment of seven (because of course) dwarves for the worker and warrior Jadeborn.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I left a few crystal and gem areas white so they will have more luminosity later.

Left to right:
      Reaper 60184, Meyanda Android Priestess; Ral Partha; Hasslefree HFD014 Hatherley; Oathsworn Miniatures; Oathsworn Miniatures; Red Box Games; Stonehaven Miniatures; Reaper 14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero

Details:

The Ral Partha dwarf is tiny!

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      Working on my first Oathsworn mini, and I have to say she is great so far. I don't have the blonde hair triad, but I think I got the colors right...

Colors used
      HAIR
      -09074 Palomino Gold
      -09091 Golden shadow
      -09092 Golden Skin
      -09093 Golden Highlight

SKIN
      -09026 Violet Red
      -09259 Bronzed Shadow
      -09260 Bronzed Skin
      -09261 Bronzed Highlight

BROWS
      -09026 Violet Red 
      -09037 Pure Black

EYES
      -09687 Holly Berry
      -09436 Bleached Linen
      -09037 Pure Black

HORNS
      -09026 Violet Red
      -09280 Nightmare Black

• Who's Online   40 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)