Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Sophie was taken
Had an extra one of these lying about, and decided to experiment with a limited palette. Here’s how she turned out:
Main colors used were MSP Woodland Brown, Brilliant Green, Scholar Flesh, and Yellowed Bone (and it’s triad).
Not completely happy with her skin tones, I tried everything up to Moth Green trying to get a light tone that still read as green. Wound up using one of the darkest greens I have, go figure. Shaded by gradually dropping the flesh tone until it was straight green, but it turned out to be a rather extreme color shift.
I like how the base and tree trunk came out, however. The ground shade was achieved by throwing some blues and yellows together until they stopped being bad and then painting some gray on the rocks.
All in all, I think it turned out all right for just messing around. Definitely something to practice in the future. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated.
So I started painting this guy... I don't even remember how long ago. Pulled him out tonight and decided to wash him with a couple other bones I was prepping... He felt a little tacky... And now feels worse. And the tooth brush feels all gummy.
He's from Bones 1, and probably painted with older GW paints, not not 100% sure.
Fairly sure I'm just going to drop him in some simple green and start over... Though I'm wondering if there has been some weird chemical change and if I'd just be better off getting a new copy of him?
Anyone else run into something like this? I know some paint dries tacky on bones, but can that be cleaned off and repainted?
These mini's are sooooo tiny! AND adorable!!
I did have some trouble really picking out details on the Fairy and the one I am referring to as "Ragdoll". The soft edges were a little confusing at first and the way the Fairy's body is positioned, it was hard to tell what was leg or clothing! lol But I looked on google to get some reference from others that had already tackled these. That was super helpful!
After that I had painted these 3 up and set em aside for a while and worked on other things, not really sure what I wanted to do with them.
Then a couple weeks ago I went on a Youtube binge watching soooo mannny videos about basing and came up with some cool ideas! (Stay tuned for more on that!)
While cleaning up my bulletin board, a pushpin broke. The metal part, right off. I almost tossed it out, but I have a problem holding onto anything that might be useful later lol. But then I immediately imagined it as a spool of thread. *sketch idea, hold for later* Then I just had to figure out what mini to use and my husband suggested the ragdoll, I mean she is stitched together so ya!
Then I did the Treant, those yellow bits on his base are foraged pieces of the invasive plant Virginia Creeper. We have some growing on our shed and as I was clearing it away I noticed how cool the little feets from their vines they use to climb look, so I snipped a ton of em, dried em out and hold onto them for neat terrain. These ones I chose to paint this yellow tone to accent the tree, without taking away or distracting from it!
Lastly, was the fairy, I just felt her jamming out on top of a little pile of rocks would be cute lol. So I used cork as stone and little bits of clump foliage and some other cork stone and flock to decorate.
Thanks for looking everyone! C&C always welcome!
Who's Online 21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)