You nailed "soft and squishy"

I really like this, great job!

2 people like this

Very squidlike!!!

I love it!

1 person likes this

Excellent paint job!

1 person likes this

Ooh, I like it.  Orange is my favorite color. I'm imagining this one coming out of a beautiful blue-green ocean, like "revenge of the coral reef."  I know there is a coral golem thing coming out with bones 3, but I might need to go pick this one up to help tide me over.

1 person likes this

This was one of the first "large" models I painted, but went with the iconic green.  I love the departure you took.

1 person likes this

Nasty... in a very cool way.  Good paintin'.

1 person likes this

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! ::D:

Squishy says thank you too!:;,;:

@InvisibleThumb, Coral Golem you say... *searches for mini money* :ph34r:

@hdclearman, did you happen to post any pictures of it? I'd love to see your take!

Unfortunately, no.  ::(:

This was from before I knew about the Reaper forum.  This was also painted as a gift, so I don't even have the piece any more. 

16 hours ago, hdclearman said:

Unfortunately, no.  ::(:

This was from before I knew about the Reaper forum.  This was also painted as a gift, so I don't even have the piece any more. 

Aww, fair enough.. Still, it sounds awesome! I'm sure the gift was appreciated! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dosani
      Hi, i am a slow painter, so even if i started some time ago, i am just paiting my first full body armor miniature (seelah paladin on bones). I bought several Reaper metallics and some also came with the learn to paint kit i bought too, and ALL of them have issues. First they tend to dry too fast even on wet pallete, also i stirred them with a drink stirrer, but still paiting with them is a pain , specially compared to the P3 metallics, which i bought some time ago as i heard very good things about them. Well my question is this, is it normal that the RP metallics have this bad coverage, and issues like drying too fast and horrible brushtrokes (i try to dilute them, but as always, water is an enemy of metallics , also try to spread small quantities of undiluted paint, also dont work), or its just a very bad batch? 

If so , how can i save them? They work, its just that they work bad IMO. If its not possible for me to save them, do you know if i can ask preplacements from Reaper? I wrote them some weeks ago but nobody answered me. This issue buggers me as i live in Bolivia south america, here Reaper is not available anywhere, i made my part importing them to my country, and they dont work so i am a sad panda :(

Thanks pals
    • By Tricksay
      Been away from it all, for a bit. Finished this one up, a little too fast -to enter it in a competition (Attack-x).
      Got a bronze, and a ton of advice on where I could have improved and upped it to silver......very exciting for my first in person competition. 
      Thanks for looking, c&c is much appreciated. And I'm guessing on the catalogue number, hasn't been released yet from Bones 3.

• By MonsterSlayer
      I have been away from painting and these boards for a while.

I recently got back into painting and started with some of the bones 3 ogres. I made a rookie mistake with bad lighting and decided they had to go in the Simple Green bath.

The ones that I based coated with brown cleaned fairly well.The armored ogres had Vallejo Coal Black and the stuff will not come off after 36 hours.That is not even a primer, just black model paint.

So has anyone had this problem? Do I need to step up the cleaning solution to acetone free nail polish remover? Brake fluid? Has anyone tried nail polish remover or brake fluid on the Bones? how does the plastic react?
    • By bojesphob
      I didn't have time to take better photos of this, too much going on recently to break out the DSLR, so I just used my phone camera. Not entirely enthused about the pics, but the mini itself was a BLAST to paint - probably my favorite non-dragon/large monster I've painted up so far! Once I got the color scheme thought through, I actually painted it up rather quickly. Tried a few new techniques on the stones on the base to make them seem a little more polished, which in person really stands out well :) Critiques?

• By Maledrakh
      The scenery from The Bones 3: Mythos Expansion

77525 Great Obelisk.
      I have tried to vary the tones on the greys used here, on the obelisk itself and not just the cephalopod on top. It really does not show up too well in the pictures.

77523 Cthulhu Shrine
      A statue that causes sanity loss. As above, I trued to vary the tones,mostly with different coloured glazes. And they do not really show up in the pictures here either.

This does not seem to have a code nor a name (yet). It is also from the Bones 3 Mythos Expansion.
      I will call it the Cultists Altar.
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)