I'm with Al!

Picture 1

And yes do the pavestones, but make a few broken so weeds/grass/mushrooms can grow there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

He's super adorable! :wub::wub::wub:

I thiiiiink I like the second pose, but I'd need to see a front view of the original pose to tell you for sure. The second one may only look more dynamic because we see him coming straight for us.

As for the tiles, I like them. I would make them more broken and rubble-y as you go though.

Here you go:

IMG_1460.thumb.JPG.ace28b7af0d50a83ecdb59247836f009.JPG

• Like 10

Hmmmmm well, I prefer the positioning of him climbing over the rubble but I prefer his posture from the second pic. He looks a little bit like he's yelling YOLO as he climbs over rather than looking at his prey all "I'm coming to get you!" If that makes any sense. ::P:

• Like 5

Ok, not much of an update, but it's still an update; the base is further along.

I'm not so sure that this guy will make it to Reapercon; at least not this year. I waited a little too long to work on it, and I'm currently having problems posing the legs the way I want 'em

IMG_1502.thumb.JPG.a006c0b75b3ae6b4d60e01f7c6335053.JPG

We'll see how things develop...

• Like 8

That base is REALLY cool!

You can do it, wolf! Just keep plodding away every night and don't stress about it. There's still over a month left.

• Like 1

You can do it!  I just added four goblins to mine... and I'm going for it... even though if I think about it too long the brain weasel chorus is loud and screechy.  Looking really awesome.  And once you start painting the big guy it'll start coming along quickly.  I just wish I were that far along on my base...

• Like 2

Looking very cool!  I really like these conversions I've been seeing around, the class would be awesome to take!

Might have to bump up my pledge for Bones 4 and get a couple extras out of the core set to try my hand at converting.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      Well, at least he didn't end up on my shelf of shame.  Some days my eyes and hands just aren't up to the job.  I also learned today that blending metallics is really hard.  Much more practice is needed.  I am pleased with the way the lighting effect worked out, though. 

• By Chaoswolf
      Another Bones 1 figure; painted to a tabletop level. Let me know what you think.
      Thanks for looking!

• By Chaoswolf
      Bones1 rat swarm, done in a couple hours to kill time while my main project was drying.
      Tabletop level.

• By SGHawkins09
      This was my favorite project of 2017 due to how much I pushed my abilities in creating it. It was my first major conversion of this sort, first time doing texture, first major use of OSL, and first Sci Fi base built fully from scratch. So lots of firsts with this one. Those of you who followed my WIP thread know what I went through with this one;  the OSL dilemma, redoing the base, and sculpting new hands at the last minute. In all I am proud that I stepped out of my comfort zone and I cannot give enough thanks to those who posted in the WIP thread, your encouragement gave me the push that I needed.

So this conversion is the result of critique I received at ReaperCon 2016 regarding my Open entry, it was to up the difficulty of my conversions. When I got home I went through the Reaper web store and found minis that I call "blank slates", ones that I felt would be a good base for multiple conversions. I found a few that sparked an idea but the one that I got stuck on was Anirion and how he would make the perfect Jedi. So he was the project I choose for my ReaperCon 2017 Open entry but I made myself focus on having fun with it and not worrying about it being perfect. When I was finished, I was extremely happy with the results but I knew that there were somethings that could be better. Knowing that, I was extremely surprised to find that I got a gold medal in Open and blown away when it was announced that I got the Open Silver Sophie. So again thank you to everyone who gave me feedback in the WIP thread.

WIP thread: Wizard of a Different Sort: Anirion Conversion

Conversion breakdown:
      -Reshaped hood and sleeves
      -Smoothed out cloak to remove border
      -Removed staff and bag?
      -Repositioned arms 
      -Added light saber out of styrene and metal piece
      -Added some strands of hair
      -Resculpted hands

• By Chaoswolf
      I speed painted these zombies probably a month ago, I just haven't been in the mood to take pictures or hobby since I finished 'em. Well, I had a pretty good day yesterday, and I think my mojo might be back, so you get some pictures.

I think I spent about 7 hours on them as a group, and they're painted to a tabletop level. Thanks for looking.

• Who's Online   45 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)