PurpleLlama

03769: Ice Devil

Your fourth? Fourth? As in 4? Wow! Really nicely done and welcome to the forums!

• Like 1

That is the base that came with it.  I just added a little bit of secret weapon snow using pva glue.  

And yes, that really is my fourth.  Here's a couple pictures of the first couple.  Not nearly as good.  The knight I had done before I really started finding the tutorials on blending.  So it was mostly basecoat, wash and dry brushing.  The knight and wizard are some old pewter figures I've had for a while that I started out on first.

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

• Like 8

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fanguad
      A fun mini I painted up for the Spring Mini Exchange. My partner wanted a) female b) non-human skin-tones c) horns, d) practical clothes.

3 out of 4 isn’t bad.

Her wings got replaced with the wings from the Bones 3 Sophie, as Princess’s wings got fatally bent in transit. I used zenithal priming for the major shadows and highlights, MSP Clear Red and DR Payne’s Gray for the red, MSP Bright Skin triad + MSP Splattered Blood for her skin. VMA Steel over MSP Midnight Blue for the weapons. The same Midnight Blue is the base for her thong-dress.
    • By KruleBear
      The Dragon Hatchling sculpts are cute, but the Bones casts are terrible. Due to this I didn't try to clean them up well and just put them on new bases. Either way it is two more models off the bench and painted to an acceptable toy box level...and so what if I painted the geen one red and the black one green!

btw I touched up the splotchy black base rims after I took this picture. 

Comments encouraged,

Mike
    • By Geoff Davis
      77185: Large Earth Elemental Kevin Williams

This guy has been awaiting proper completion for about a year.  Every time I had grey paint left over, I added it to him.  I found him a struggle to complete because of his size and because of all the mold lines.  Every time I turned him around I found more that I missed when prepping him.  I finally gave up on trimming them and just gave him a proper base and a finished paint job.  It's still a speed paint, but at least he's done and ready for use in my D&D game. 

Only 30 projects left on my shelf of shame!

• By Metalchaos
      Reaper Miniatures 03477, Brain Horror. Dark Heaven Legends model sculpted by Kevin Williams. This Aberration can also be found in the 10031, Dungeon Horrors Box Set. I used transparent blister plastic and Mod Podge to create the drool. I also covered the brain with two layers of Mod Podge to give it a slimy aspect. The stalagmites and base were carved out of green stuff to represent an oozing cave.              
    • By canuckotter
      Super quick paint job for these guys... My son wanted them for the Dragon Rampant army I'm painting him for Christmas, and I've still got a lot more to do so I everything I do in the next while is likely to be a bit rushed.

Base coat was Vallejo Model Air, Armour Brown, then drybrushed heavily with Desert Stone, lightly with Dirty Bone, then a little more heavily again with Olive Drab. The Olive Drab doesn't really show up in the picture but it's pretty decent in person - not overpowering, just enough to make them look more like old trees.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)