12 posts in this topic

Nice Work.  The eye color is a great contrast to the blue/white of the body.

This is great I really like the blending on the scales. Is that the base it came with? (plus a bit of snow)

Looks amazing!

I think you really nailed it with the cold and deadly look.  That weapon looks sharp!  What did you use for snow?  

nice job.

Your fourth? Fourth? As in 4? Wow! Really nicely done and welcome to the forums!

1 person likes this

Great stuff! 

That is the base that came with it.  I just added a little bit of secret weapon snow using pva glue.  

And yes, that really is my fourth.  Here's a couple pictures of the first couple.  Not nearly as good.  The knight I had done before I really started finding the tutorials on blending.  So it was mostly basecoat, wash and dry brushing.  The knight and wizard are some old pewter figures I've had for a while that I started out on first.

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

8 people like this

Cool!!!

That's a pretty darn good job there!

Welcome to the forums.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      I really like these elementals' pose and sculpting. So much more imposing and dynamic compared to most other elementals I have seen.

Picking flowers...

There are many more pictures at my blog

Water Elemental was done as follows: first, an undercoat of clear matte varnish. This is key! I used Army Painter Anti Shine spray. Then some vallejo blue ink and when dry several light drybrushings with progressively lighter shades of pale blue up to almost pure white. Then some ancient citadel turquoise glaze here and there, all topped off with gloss varnish. I did some color shade variations all over this one, but I think maybe the gloss varnish fuffs it up so this can't really be seen in the pictures.
      Fire Elemental was done as follows: First the undercoat of clear matte varnish. Then several abortive attempts with yellow ink which did just not work until I abandoned that idea and undercoated it with three coats of opaque white. 
      After that successive layers of heavy to light drybrush with bright yello - golden yellow -dark pink - dark red brown and finally black.
      It is important to let the colours dry a bit between coats to avoid tearing off the layer below when drybrushing. Finish with dotting in some blues for the eyes.
      When painting fire like this, it looks pretty terrible up to the dark red brown layer. Suddenly, it looks pretty sweet indeed.

Earth Elemental was done as follows: black undercoart, then heavy drybrushed coat of dark green gray, followed by lighter coats of  yellow sand and light grey white.
      A stone combo that I think works so much better than just shades of grey, grey and grey.  
      I probably should have varied it more with different types and colours of rock represented. but I just could not be bothered as I just wanted it done at this point.
      I need my Bones 3 shipment to complete the set! When O when will it arrive? Wherefore art thou mine Large Air Elemental?

77311: Large Water Elemental
      Reaper Bones translucent blue
      from the second Bones KS
      unknown sculptor, as it is uncredited in the Reapermini.com listing.

77082: Large Fire Elemental
      Reaper Bones translucent orange
      from the first Bones KS
      sculpted by Julie Guthrie

77185: Large Earth Elemental
      Reaper Bones from the first Bones KS
      Sculpted by Kevin Williams

all in Bonesium PVC
      60mm Reaper display base

• By PurpleLlama
      Just finished up painting the skeleton archer I've been working on and decided on this guy as my next one up. Seems to be a devil or demon with a mask on maybe?  

I decided to to go with a purple cape and red skin on this guy.  Probably make the axe gunmetal with some silver highlights.  Not sure on the breast plate thingy he's wearing.  Couple of details I've gone over in purple or red that will need changed.

Comments and criticism welcome!

• By MojoBob

Next up on the Bones-painting production line is this one, 77261: Bat Demon by Bob Ridolfi.

At first I was going to paint him classic devil red, but I went with green in the end to give it a more serpentine look. I don't know why I wanted that; there's nothing very serpentine about the sculpting, but there you are. The heart has its reasons.

The wings and elevated position make this figure a bit more imposing than its stature actually warrants. As far as its body goes, it's just very slightly — if at all — larger than the average Reaper bloke.
    • By TheOldGuard
      Straight from the depths of hell, it's.........Devil Girl, Supervillain! (cue scary music!)

For a change, instead of painting the eyes looking straight on, I painted them so that she was looking to the right as if she just spied a do-gooding superhero & was about to lob a fireball in their direction.
      The base was created using the Basius "Dungeon" stamp with the river part painted up as lava - I imagined that wherever she walked, the ground morphed into fiery molten goodness.

Thanks for looking, comments & criticisms are always welcome.

• By EldritchEladrin
      My take on Orcus, in a diabolical red.

Cheers,
      E.E.

• Who's Online   54 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)