8 posts in this topic

Here are three Reaper Bones fungi-folk.  Not trying to compete with Malefactus or anything.  Just having fun with secondary colors.  I tried making my image file sizes smaller but it seemed to make the pictures blurry.  What do y'all think?

image.jpg.369c4237b146150d2eb7c51c39d21415.jpg

image.jpg.a6f800e2b87cce1c9ac0bc7a3d33087f.jpg

15 people like this

Who doesn't love Mushrooms! Looks great! I love the colours!

Those shrooms look great!

A badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM! (Just youtube the badger mushroom song).

The fungus among us are excellent. Great work!

1 person likes this

Good job.  Gotta add a handful of shrooms to my to-do stew lol

Good work!:winkthumbs:

Those turned out great!  I really like the monochromatic look on those.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By InvisibleThumb
      I have yet to assemble a complete figure from any of the Frostgrave sprues of plastic parts, so I thought I'd start slow with a head swap.  Enter Anval Theicedamned, Evil Warrior.  His head is just begging to be chopped off.

I figured I'd swap one hooded head for another so I chose what appeared to be an armored hooded head from the cultists sprue and after chipping away at Anval's neck area, applied the super glue and commenced to hold it in place for several minutes.  Yes, there is a better way, and it involves drilling and pinning things.  Bah, details.  It eventually stuck and I decided on a paint scheme.

Much metallics of various kinds.  Sadly I only have a few.  And a non traditional skin color.  This guy with no visible face lends itself well to an exotic or alien race.  Also, there's some nice detail on that axe.  I decided it must be some kind of magic weapon, perhaps of the air, storm, lightning element kind?  So I applied an unusual color and effect on the blade.  Sparking snow and yes, alien goo.  Also tried to give him a lightning tattoo in alien goo on the back.  

Here is the finished piece.  So how convincing is the new head?

A view of the axe

And tat

• By InvisibleThumb
      Here is my finished "spirit of the forest" diorama.  Including a bones bird familiar and metal squirrel familiar from 02756.  (The axe was from a Frostgrave plastic sprue - cultists or soldiers?)

wip is here

Pics

Oops - meant to put his in show off.  How do I fix it?  Mod help?
    • By InvisibleThumb
      I like the idea of yellow and orange skinned ogres and I've seen a few before.  This is my first foray into yellow skinned ogre territory and I liked highlighting Witt a mix of orange and shading with a bit of green.  This was a heavy one though, so I'll be looking forward to the bones ones coming soon (tm).  

I stamped some green stuff for the base and sculpted a couple extra bits while I was at it.  It's supposed to be a bit of cloth and some rope.  Also there is a pile of round objects that honestly looks like massive deer poo.  Well, why not?  Painted the cloth red, which maybe makes it stand out a little too much.  

I'd appreciate any feedback or advice on what to improve before I get started on the bones 3 ogres.  

thanks for looking!
    • By InvisibleThumb
      While waiting for water effects to dry (more boring than paint) I finished up a couple minis that have been on the desk for a while.  His one here is a favorite.  Got all rainbow inspired when painting up a great worm.  This was the first mini where I'd used the sand/gravel and glue mix to "sculpt" a base.  Had lots of rocks to stick into it as it dried.  After a dark primer and light drybrush, I liked the look of it so much I didn't want to paint over it for a few months.  Well I finally brought it back to the painting desk about a month ago and have been hitting the rocks with various leftover Browns and grays.  I was not entirely happy with he underside until I thought to drybrush a fleshy color (suntan flesh) and it really did it for me.  What do you think?

• By InvisibleThumb
      Sat down for two hours today to make the time until bones 3 shipment notification go by.  Thought I'd try a speed paint of something largish.  Wasn't sure if this should have gone in the WIP thread.  Not putting it in show off though since it is far from what I would consider done.  Still, a fun test of my speed.

2:39 pm about to rip open the bag.

2:51 pm mold lines trimmed, washed, glued to a base.

3:13 pm.  Brown linered.  Poured too much so a big puppy got some liner too.  Had to wait for drying anyway.

3:47 pm.  Green hair, off white weapon and other accessories.  Eyes.

4:08 pm. Skin.  Lots of skin.  

4:28 pm.  Blue and purple/red cloth and accessories.  What, only 10 minutes left?  

4:41 copper details.  Little leather.  Okay, technically a couple minutes over.  Would have liked to go for another 20-30 min but I had to run out.  

mission accomplished?  Well, there base could use some attention.  And the face.  Really all of the skin could use a highlight. And the hair.  

But I think I'll keep it as is for now to show what I am capable of in two hours.  Maybe try this again in a while (there is the male still to do) and see if I get any faster.

• Who's Online   61 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)