Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yellowwpowerring

Reaper Fire Glow paint

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I used this paint quite a bit and my pot finally ran dry.  It appears it has been discontinued.  Any suggestions on a replacement?

Edited by Yellowwpowerring
1 person likes this

9004? was trying to locate swatch of the color your talking of and couldnt find one.

Pretty sure Fire Glow was one of the old ProPaint colors.  I'll have to look and see if I can find a match.

I'm not familiar with the Fire Glow color, but there is a color called Hearth Fire in the recent Christmas set.

Here is a picture.  Don't have the pot any more and didn't copy down the number (stupid me).

referenced on another site as "Fire Glow Metallic", #8109.

referenced on another site as "Fire Glow Metallic", #8109.

It's my understanding that paint was very unique and will be difficult to replicate exactly since pictures don't do it justice. I would recommend giving Reaper's Dwarven Gold a try though. The swatch on the online store doesn't even remotely do it justice. I used it here on the dragon's wings. The inside of the wings I painted I think may be close to what you're looking for. Note that I basecoated with pink, then put a thinned coat of Dwarven Gold over that.

3 people like this

I can confirm that Fire Glow was part of the Pro Paint line.  It was a metallic light orangey copper colour.

It was lighter than 09448 Dragon Copper.

I suspect that 09101 Ruby Red might be the closest match, but I don't own that to be able to compare.

I'm impressed that you were able to keep a pot of that useable so long! The pearl and metallic paints seem to coagulate much faster than regular matte paint.

I think the Ruby Red is fairly dark and not a good match to the lovely fire glow. The metallic and pearl paints were slightly different.

My suggestion would be to get 9100 Pearl White and try mixing regular paint colours into that. You should be able to make something similar to the pearl paints in this way, though making a match to a specific pearl colour will be a bit of a different trick. (My pearls died years ago so I don't have paints to try to do colour matching on, sorry.)

You could also try mixing the Pearl White into Dragon Copper to make it a bit lighter and more pastel.

5 people like this