Tjrez

Reapercon classes

7 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

It should be fixed. Is it displaying properly for you now? If not, does it after logging out and back in?

Well...  it looks like the schedule's been changed, not my itinerary.  Either day is fine for me, but I wonder about others who've chosen that class.

3 minutes ago, epimys said:

Well...  it looks like the schedule's been changed, not my itinerary.  Either day is fine for me, but I wonder about others who've chosen that class.

For anyone that it conflicts I am happy to work with them.

4 minutes ago, Inarah said:

That went very well this year. Only a few classes completely sold out in the first 5 minutes.

Here's the stuff you ordered:
Level Up Your Painting x1
Difficult Colors: Part 1 Red and Yellow x1
The Art of Colorizing your Palette x1

We had hoped that adding both tickets and total number of classes would reduce pressure and allow fewer classes to be Sold Out in the first 12 minutes. Last year selling out 60% of classes in 12 minutes was not fun for anybody.

1 minute ago, Highlander said:

Had quite a scare.  Right after I paid for my classes (within seconds), my bank texted me me that I had fraudulent credit card charges.  I was concerned that my class payment had been blocked.  Talked to the bank, will get a new card, and the classes were my last approved payment.

BTW, I didn't get an email confirming my classes, but they show up on my itinerary.  I assume all is well.

If they're on your itinerary after log out and back in, then yes, they're in the database as belonging to you.

• Like 4

Here's what we're taking...

Simple tricks and nonsense workshop x1

Shaded Metallics x1

Good Fast Painting x2

Freehand for the 2D Challenged x1

Lighting effects x1

Base Camp x1

How Not to Suck x1

Flesh and Faces x2

Intro to the Art of Blending x2

These are split between the two of us...  No Thursday classes because that would depend on babysitting, so if we're able to go early then that will be a free day.  I'm going to stop talking about classes now!  ::P:

• Like 1

Email confirmation has arrived!

Here's the stuff you ordered:
Blending -- Layering and Feathering x1
Glazed Over x1
Tanks for the Memories x1

1 minute ago, Reaperbryan said:

For anyone that it conflicts I am happy to work with them.

Its true, Bryan is the bomb and will help, just give him a heads up. I screwed up my classes foe three years in a row in some manner and he's been super about helping! 

I'm proud to say I finally did it right this year. @_@

• Like 7

Kudos to Bryan.  This year's class registration and purchase was several notches better than last year or the year before.  It is clear that a lot of work has gone into improving class registration.

Well done!

• Like 3

The classes I got were:

Blending - Layering and Feathering with Ian Markon

Level Up Your Painting with Rhonda Bender

Texture - Smoothness Isn't Everything with Jessica Rich

I wish I could've done more, but it just isn't in the budget this year. Still, really, really, really, really pleased with the classes I got!

• Like 7

I'm happy to avoid the bug from last year that prevented me from adding classes to my cart. I was able to get the classes I wanted, but my friends and I were caught by some sticker shock. 40 bucks per class! Last year I believe it maxed out at 25 per class, with many less than that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

But you get to meet us!  My hubby & I are taking Corporea's Flesh and Faces class on Friday!  ::D:

Nice! I get to me the Bluberrys and Dilvish. My quest is almost complete!

This is easily the friendliest forum I've ever known -just sayin.

J--

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jsalyers said:

Nice! I get to me the Bluberrys and Dilvish. My quest is almost complete!

This is easily the friendliest forum I've ever known -just sayin.

J--

I think a lot of the friendliness comes from us getting to meet in real life, so we know not only that the words on screen are another person, but most of the time they're also someone we like.  Reapercon and the other conventions Reaper attends each year are a big part of that. We all have the same hobby and interests, so common ground is easy to find.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, MnemonicGhost said:

I'm happy to avoid the bug from last year that prevented me from adding classes to my cart. I was able to get the classes I wanted, but my friends and I were caught by some sticker shock. 40 bucks per class! Last year I believe it maxed out at 25 per class, with many less than that. 

Yeah, was a little shocked about the big (but understandable) price increase. Even the ones that are lecture/demo only (which used to go for $10). Still got a full schedule haha but will arrive on Thursday morning instead of Wednesday night to save on one hotel night. Definitely the process went much more smoothly than last year, kudos to Bryan/Reaper! 

Also, when will Jess offer the Hot Chicks class more than one day? second year I fail to get in, sold out 1 minute after opened :o 

• Like 2

I am not seeing many of you in the classes I took. Maybe they were all too beginnerish.  Some of the classes I picked were still showing just me in them the last time I looked.  So they will end up getting more as the time goes and people take them because that is all they have available.

6 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

The classes I got were:

Blending - Layering and Feathering with Ian Markon

Level Up Your Painting with Rhonda Bender

Texture - Smoothness Isn't Everything with Jessica Rich

I wish I could've done more, but it just isn't in the budget this year. Still, really, really, really, really pleased with the classes I got!

Looks like I'll be in two classes with you. Clearly you have good taste.

In classes.

1 minute ago, SamuraiJack said:

The TNA class has The Melons, Me and @Bathory its going to be out of control!

Me too, so I guess I'll have to be the grown-up....

Nah.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HenryRequiem said:

Also, when will Jess offer the Hot Chicks class more than one day? second year I fail to get in, sold out 1 minute after opened :o 

Actually, about 3 seconds after it opened.  I tried to buy it, but apparently there was a logjam and I didn't get a response until after three tries.

Edited by Highlander