Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inarah

Lost dog

15 posts in this topic

I don't feel like that is the kind of puppy I would give to my niece....but it looks beautiful!

I would be willing to help with the shots and neutering if that's what it takes for the little fellow to find a forever home. 

PUPPY!!!

Rare breed isn't it?

Strange fur..bit scaly...never seen such eyes on a puppy either..

Nice colours!!

What a cute little puppy, must have been lost for a while, looks a bit hungry.

1 person likes this

Lost dog.  Sharp protruding teeth, hard scaling covering, razor like claws.  No collar.  Answers to the name Fluffy. 

3 people like this

Is it cat friendly??? Great work!!!

this made me laugh because this is about what happened in our latest RPG night - and said lost dog had puppies! That made for an interesting time as well, since they were two headed and not yet weaned as well - my son's character tried to hide one under his robe but sadly it didn't make it. So then he tried to use his necromancy to raise it from the dead, but since he hadn't really started studying yet, he only managed to raise it long enough for it to get up, chase it's (non-existant) tail and fall back down. Maybe next time :(

But also it's a really really cool paint job, as usual with your work, Inarah!

3 people like this

Great paint job!

would love to adopt! xD

"I think it's a koala...an EVIL koala."

9 hours ago, Weird-O said:

"I think it's a koala...an EVIL koala."

That would be a drop bear...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sanael
      TL;DR: I have a lunch break. I'm going to paint during that break. Finari and the Basilisk are first up.

So, coming back from a hiatus, and I have several realizations:
      1. My painting station in the new house is not yet set up and won't be fully ready-for-use for a while,
      2. I have lots of house-projects to do with my spare time at home, and
      3. Winter is coming, so the Pittsburgh weather will not be pleasant much longer.

This all points to one conclusion: I can stay indoors on my lunch break, eat quickly, and paint almost every day.

So, I'm going to try to paint at least 3 days a week, if not 4, for 30-45 minutes at a go. I'll take pictures at the end of each session and post them here. When I finish up a batch of minis, I'll figure out what will be next and start a new thread (hence this being "Lunch Sessions I"). At the start of each thread, I'll lay out the goals for each mini I'm painting and reiterate my desire for honest feedback based on those goals.

So, part one!

Finari has been mostly basecoated since approximately 2014. This particular copy of her had some really nasty mold grossness on the face, so I carved away a lot of the plastic tumor. For this reason, she's a bit awkward in the face and my goal is mostly to get her done. I'm painting her as an Emerald Claw/Blood of Vol officer for my Eberron games, so there will be some very simple freehand to signify that affiliation; she's also got rather a lot of black, so I'll take the opportunity to work on that, since it's an important color that I don't feel confident with.

The basilisk I want to paint purely for fun, but I want it to be a "tabletop display" piece. Smooth blends, etc. Nothing particularly advanced, technique-wise, but I want to show competency in the simple technique.

Both pieces are starters to really get back in the swing of painting, paving the way for some more advanced/detailed stuff further down the queue.

Day 0: this is where the minis were at the start of my session today. They're mostly basecoated already, with a little bit of highlighting on the basilisk's dorsal ridge and Finari's hair.

You can also see some of the Rathcore V3 miniatures holders we recently received from their Kickstarter. So far, I really like them. I have a couple of the larger painting handles as well, but decided not to use them for these minis. My only problem with these is there's no good way to use the holders for penny-based figs. That said, I think I'll be able to make my own corks for penny bases when the time comes.

Day 1:
      Today I was able to paint for about 45 minutes. Part of that time was spent painting pennies black to finish out the bases of the kobolds and rats I put up in Show-Off the other day.

For these two, I brought up the highlights on the dorsal ridge and Finari's shoulders closer to linen white, sketched in the Vol blood-drop on her shield and based the red scales/ear-flaps on the basilisk. I also found several spots where Finari's original basecoat had worn away and touched those up.

For the basilisk, I'm trying to decide what the smaller side-and-belly scales should look like, as well as his spines and claws. I think I like the darker green for the smaller scales, but I'm not sure if I should go pale or dark for the claws. Any thoughts?
    • By Thes Hunter
      I got this guy done a few weeks ago, but I didn't pull out my camera to photograph him.

Got to use him in a Pathfinder game a couple weeks ago. Made my heart beam with pride and joy being able to use a painted mini for what it was intended for in a game. 

• By Auberon
      Last night, after tiring of video games, I decided to speed paint a basilisk over a glass (or two) of Port.  Now @Beagle may instruct you that fine English gentlemen do not speed paint with Port, but my family hasn't had to worry about what those guys think in a couple of centuries.  I can even drink my Port out of a coffee mug if I desire.  But I digress.  The only real failure here is that my sealer has frosted the shadows a bit.  It was more vibrant before that little mishap, but the non-painter is unlikely to notice the difference.

Also, edge-highlighting the one in the middle works reasonably well. 

• Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)