Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taskmaster99

The Gouged Eye on deck

2 posts in this topic

Just finished my Reikland Reavers, now onto the Gouged Eye. Just finished priming with Army Painter Greenskin. I will update as I go on. These will be getting a simple tabletop paint job as I need to get them done and move on to the other 4 teams I have in my collection. So many minis, so little time.

IMG_0050.JPG

8 people like this

Nice!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Orctober got an early start this year, mostly due to me pouring too much green paint when I was doing the base tones on my Bones III Monsters:

First, the actual Orcs!

I liked the thematic continuation of the Orcs from Bones 1. 

Painted with them, and only cousins to the theme of Orctober, come the Hobgoblins!

There were a few frustrating details on these sculpts, and some odd undercuts, but their paint scheme stayed relatively simple.  I don't use Hobgoblins often; I think the only time they've shown up in anything I've run has been premade adventures where they show up as random henchmen.
    • By Dr.Bedlam
      I have no idea what caused Gary Gygax, in the first edition Monster Manual, to decide that orcs had pig faces.

Perhaps, like the infamous Punkin Headed Bugbear, he didn't INTEND for orcs to resemble the Bacon People, but rather to simply look porcine, and then miscommunicated it to the artist. I dunno. But when I began playing the game, orcs looked like pigs.

It didn't last; the British brought us green orcs, other Americans brought us hairy gray orcs, and Ralph Bakshi brought us clips from Zulu Dawn with the Zulus painted black and red eyes and fangs added. But for some of us, our first orcs were pig faced orcs.

Some companies make pig faced orcs for us old grognards. Mostly British companies, for some reason. Darksword makes a very fine pig faced orc, based on the splendid artwork of Tony DiTerlizzi... but he's just one orc.

Recently, I noted that this one company (British, of course. What is it about those Brits?) had gone so far as to make pig faced orc HEADS, a whole resin sprue, ready for conversions and add ons to existing brutal monster warrior figures in 28mm. They were indeed vurra fine heads, and at not too high a price. I just hate ordering from overseas due to the hassle factor and time involved. 

And then it hit me. I still had quite a few Tre Manor Bones orcs left over from the Bones 1 Orcpocalypse. All I really needed was HEADS.

And so I ducked out and got some farm animals. And threw together a few prototypes. Strictly tabletop quality, because I needed to know how much effort this was going to take, and whether the little rubber pig heads would work in the place of Tre Manor's brutish orc heads... and yeesh, the pigs all look alike... and if they're going to look remotely threatening, they need TUSKS...

...and... hm. Perhaps the project could benefit from further study...
    • By Ghool
      A Troll for Blood Bowl, as chosen by my Patrons.
      Pretty fun to paint, but 19 pieces for a single model is...ridiculous?
      Also tough to photo - all the deep, crossing-over parts cast big shadows, and in order to light them you get major hotspots elsewhere.
      I feel he turned out pretty nice.

• By Rob Dean

I had some painting time at lunch this week, and didn't take anything special to the office to work on, so this is what I pulled out of what I already had stashed there.  These are old Ral Partha orcs, as recently put back into production as part of their 2015 Chaos Wars Kickstarter.  I'm trying to make a bit of a push to get those units on the table for demo games; my Ral Earth collection includes quite a few vintage units that are out of production, so I don't like to use them in rules demos...I feel like they ought be be done with available figures.

I used the same white/black/red colors on all the shields, hoping that gives a unified feel to the group, even though everyone gets his own unique shield.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1223145791/orc-warband-30mm-miniatures-by-gt-studio-creations?ref=category_newest

GT Studio Creations needs your help to create the most amazing orc fantasy miniatures you have ever seen!!!
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)