Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dilvish the Deliverer

77344 Ice Troll

14 posts in this topic

So I've been painting up this fella for Frostgrave.  I went classic blue ice troll with him.  After taking pictures I see that I could add some depth to the winter wolf fur he is wearing.  If it still bothers me, I may revisit it later.  For now, he/she. Is done.

20170515_204849_HDR.thumb.jpg.023d11316afe226fc64c672d706f2437.jpg20170515_204914_HDR.thumb.jpg.8e3e70b14a3990b39b2089ee610b5ab2.jpg

22 people like this

They are all really nice. Love the face on the troll. The knight's colors look nice & bold & the archer looks great as well. What color is his cloak? I've got 5 elf ranger types to paint up....

1 person likes this

Looks great! I love the ice troll colours!

1 person likes this

I really like the troll.  Great work.

Makes me want to break my out to paint it. 

1 person likes this

Good Stuff

1 person likes this

And why did it attach all the other photos?

Stupid phone.

1 hour ago, haldir said:

They are all really nice. Love the face on the troll. The knight's colors look nice & bold & the archer looks great as well. What color is his cloak? I've got 5 elf ranger types to paint up....

The elf's cloak was MSP Field Gray.  Highlight was Moss Green?  I'll have to look.

1 person likes this

Looks very good!  

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

And why did it attach all the other photos?

Random encounter?  Even trolls need xp sometimes.  

2 people like this

Cool!

1 person likes this

It looks great! 

1 person likes this

Good work!

1 person likes this

Liking that troll. Add another must buy to the list.

1 person likes this

Very nice. I love the model, painted it up myself a few years ago. Good job!

If I may: I would consider some washes to give it more depth.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Maglok said:

Very nice. I love the model, painted it up myself a few years ago. Good job!

If I may: I would consider some washes to give it more depth.

You most certainly may.  I've been considering doing that; especially on the fur portion.  then I tell myself that he's tabletop, for use in a game in the near future, and that I've got a bunch of other figs I need to finish.  But I will most likely revisit it.

I love the model as well.  I find it interesting that the metal version of this one is the Hellborn Troll, and the Bones is the Ice Troll.

1 person likes this

I painted the metal one as a ice troll. I have not painted the Bones version yet, but yeah .... maybe we just all started painting the hellborn troll as iceborn! :D

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      So I got my cut of Bones 3 from the person I went in with, and decided that the first thing to get done would be Bonehenge....
      Started by airbrushing with Grey Liner cut 50%, Then Stynylrex Black, then Stynylrez Grey, cut 50% as a Zenithal....
      I then remembered how mad I got at myself for not scraping the mold lines on my DDS 2 terrain, and got busy....
      Was pleasantly surprised that only the 2 upright pieces with lintle stones had anything at all noticeable....
      Then the Black (Cut 50% this time!) and Grey were redone on those 2 pieces....

Pretty much plan to follow the same paint scheme that I did for my DDS 2....

• By knarthex
      Not been much posting in these here parts recently, but I have been working on some stuff...
      in this case 3 pieces for Frostgrave treasure tokens....

Thanks for taking a look!
    • By InvisibleThumb
      As I pondered my choice of wizard for my new monstrous Frostgrave warband, I slowly realized there was only one choice really.  I put his witch, cat, and cauldron into he shopping cart around Halloween time.  I knew I needed one for any legitimate Halloween display of miniatures.  But it had sat unpainted in the blister for a few months while other things took priority.

Back to the frostgrave war band.  So I chose witch as my wizard's school and proceeded to fill the ranks of soldiers with monstrous members like the horned hunter and a medusa archer, couple of tieflings, and even giant rats as warhounds.  I think I am meant to paint up this witch as the wizard.  She comes with a cat that I'm putting on the base with her and a cauldron that I am not.  The cauldron will make a great prop when playing pathfinder and I already have a place for it in the birthday party adventure I have planned for next week.  However the cauldron needs to sit on a fire or bed of coals or something.  I realized I do not even have a campfire token so that became part of this project.

okay, so first I grabbed two 20 mm bases and glued some small pebbles and gravel to them like so:

Next I had to put the witch and cat on a base.  I cut up an old bones base to fill out the bare base with flagstone shapes and glued down more gravel to fill in some of the gaps.  Finally everything got some black primer.

Witch and cat:

fire pit:

The black Cauldron:

All of this happened over the last couple of days.  Have not had much chance to paint since Friday night since we currently have house guests, but still managed to just start to lay down base coats while everyone else was entertained by part of a movie.  Out pale saffron on the Inside of the cauldron and emanations, the cats eyes, the center coals in the fire pit, and the bat in the witches hand.  No, I am not making the bat yellow.  Honestly did not realize it was a bat until I got the yellow on it.  Now I know.

also mixed wreath green with dusky skin to start on the witch's skin.  Oh and also some vampiric skin for the witches hair and for a quick dry brush on the rocks in the fire pit.

Here is where things stand right now.
      Cauldron

Witch

Fire pit.

I would love some ideas for colors on that witch besides black and green.  I can't seem to picture anything else.  
    • By InvisibleThumb
      I'm putting together a monstrous warband for frostgrave and I did a quick paint of these three bones today.

77148: Damien the hell born wizard as my apprentice

77036: medusa as an archer

77198:  barrow rat as a war hound.  This last was a super quick paint as I finished the other two.

Dressed the gorgon/medusa with knife and paint, so she's Sfw.  Still, I'll spoilerize the pics:

i want to include the horned hunter I did as well in this warband.  Still not decided what to use as my wizard and other band mates. I want to try to keep an even gender ratio, but there are very few monstrous women and the few that are out there have a hard time keeping their clothes on.  

• By knarthex
      So I finally got tired of this guy, and basically finished him up, put him on the base and called him done....

Tried a few new things with him, such as adding an off white to the base color of his skin for high lighting, as well as the work on his "Skirt"
      Overall, I am certainly happy with him as a piece to be used eventually in a Frostgrave campaign...
      Thanks for looking!
      G

OOpsie, WiP here

June will be the Black Orc Archer,
      The Haminister of Truth and I poked around the catalog and came up with next months mini...

03429: Black Orc Archer 
      in Metal

77056: Orc Sniper (Archer) For those of you that prefer Bones....

G
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 8 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)