Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dilvish the Deliverer

77344 Ice Troll

14 posts in this topic

So I've been painting up this fella for Frostgrave.  I went classic blue ice troll with him.  After taking pictures I see that I could add some depth to the winter wolf fur he is wearing.  If it still bothers me, I may revisit it later.  For now, he/she. Is done.

20170515_204849_HDR.thumb.jpg.023d11316afe226fc64c672d706f2437.jpg20170515_204914_HDR.thumb.jpg.8e3e70b14a3990b39b2089ee610b5ab2.jpg

21 people like this

They are all really nice. Love the face on the troll. The knight's colors look nice & bold & the archer looks great as well. What color is his cloak? I've got 5 elf ranger types to paint up....

1 person likes this

Looks great! I love the ice troll colours!

1 person likes this

I really like the troll.  Great work.

Makes me want to break my out to paint it. 

1 person likes this

Good Stuff

1 person likes this

And why did it attach all the other photos?

Stupid phone.

1 hour ago, haldir said:

They are all really nice. Love the face on the troll. The knight's colors look nice & bold & the archer looks great as well. What color is his cloak? I've got 5 elf ranger types to paint up....

The elf's cloak was MSP Field Gray.  Highlight was Moss Green?  I'll have to look.

1 person likes this

Looks very good!  

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

And why did it attach all the other photos?

Random encounter?  Even trolls need xp sometimes.  

2 people like this

Cool!

1 person likes this

It looks great! 

1 person likes this

Good work!

1 person likes this

Liking that troll. Add another must buy to the list.

1 person likes this

Very nice. I love the model, painted it up myself a few years ago. Good job!

If I may: I would consider some washes to give it more depth.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Maglok said:

Very nice. I love the model, painted it up myself a few years ago. Good job!

If I may: I would consider some washes to give it more depth.

You most certainly may.  I've been considering doing that; especially on the fur portion.  then I tell myself that he's tabletop, for use in a game in the near future, and that I've got a bunch of other figs I need to finish.  But I will most likely revisit it.

I love the model as well.  I find it interesting that the metal version of this one is the Hellborn Troll, and the Bones is the Ice Troll.

1 person likes this

I painted the metal one as a ice troll. I have not painted the Bones version yet, but yeah .... maybe we just all started painting the hellborn troll as iceborn! :D

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By InvisibleThumb
      I have yet to assemble a complete figure from any of the Frostgrave sprues of plastic parts, so I thought I'd start slow with a head swap.  Enter Anval Theicedamned, Evil Warrior.  His head is just begging to be chopped off.

I figured I'd swap one hooded head for another so I chose what appeared to be an armored hooded head from the cultists sprue and after chipping away at Anval's neck area, applied the super glue and commenced to hold it in place for several minutes.  Yes, there is a better way, and it involves drilling and pinning things.  Bah, details.  It eventually stuck and I decided on a paint scheme.

Much metallics of various kinds.  Sadly I only have a few.  And a non traditional skin color.  This guy with no visible face lends itself well to an exotic or alien race.  Also, there's some nice detail on that axe.  I decided it must be some kind of magic weapon, perhaps of the air, storm, lightning element kind?  So I applied an unusual color and effect on the blade.  Sparking snow and yes, alien goo.  Also tried to give him a lightning tattoo in alien goo on the back.  

Here is the finished piece.  So how convincing is the new head?

A view of the axe

And tat

• By Chaoswolf
      I finished this guy up on Friday; he's an old Ral Partha thief (if i remember correctly, he came in a 2 or 3 piece blister pack with some of his fellows; I'm pretty sure I've got them around here somewhere).

My usual tabletop paintjob; I hope you like him.

I'm still experimenting with my pictures; which version looks better?
    • By Dilvish the Deliverer
      And the final mini in this batch is Arthrand, who is destined to see use as an Arch/Ranger for Frostgrave.

A mini I finished up last week while I was procrastinating finishing another mini (procrastination can be productive as long as you do something else that needs to be done other than what you are avoiding).

Still need to base him; just need to find the right base for his Official Tre Manor StanceTM.

So, last year some of us ran a bunch of Frostgrave Demos at ReaperCon.  They seemed to go over fairly well.  I originally wasn't going to do something of this nature again, as there were some other games that I wanted to get in and the demos monopolized my time pretty well (to the point that I had to do a speed shopping trip on Sunday before the Reaper booth shut down).

However, I seem to have taken a blow to the head and am seriously considering doing something similar this year.  I have a couple of ideas that I am trying to judge interest in.

1)  A straight up Frostgrave tournament.  That was what last year was supposed to be, but it was mostly a bunch of demo games with me or buckyball teaching the game.  The advantage to this is that people can sign up to battle and I don't have to babysit the table.

2) Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago is released on Sept. 19th.  Last year, Reaper was kind enough to set up an island themed table from a previous Warlord tournament for us to use.  Thematically this would be perfect for Ghost Archipelago.  Plus, with the new pirate faction at ReaperCon this year, it seems like a no brainer.  The drawback is that the rule will only have been out for a month or so, and people might not have time to get warbands together (especially when trying to finish contest entries).  Plus, it seems with a new game, it would most likely tend to be back to doing demos rather than a tournament.

So what I would like to do is to gauge interest in either option.  What say you all?
  • Who's Online   47 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)