Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is a scale question. Specifically on the big guys in the back. When I had started roughing out the wireform and slapping a little base putty on them, I had the idea of Trolls in armor. Now that I'm looking at them compared to some reaper conversions, I'm thinking they might end up having to be giants, demons, or something else. What do you think would fit for those figs at the scale they are? Prefer DnD themes if you think Troll wouldnt work. Also, open to weird fantasy creatures as long as they fit the scale and are tall and wirey. These aren't for any game/encounter in particular, I just enjoy making stuff. L to R,
- WIP necromancer and ghouls I'd started scratchbuilding before they got shelved. Looking forward to getting back into those.
- Big guys in back are undecided
- An old barbarian conversion WIP from a reaper bones
- Recent child scratchbuild - My warg rider conversion WIP from a Reaper Bones (which has it's own post here)
- and I believe this was a Warhammer Chaos figure that I had added tentacles to an painted about a decade ago.
Among the many challenges there are in becoming a good mini painter, I've found getting flesh tones right to be one of the most difficult. I spent quite a bit of time trying to achieve a realistic look on the Ettin. I think I've made some progress - but lots of room for improvement. (I found the following video to be really helpful in understanding how to paint flesh tones:
Who's Online 44 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Darius Glenwell
- Mad Jack
- Balgin Stondraeg
- Valygar Corthala
- Lars Porsenna
- Reverend Shartan
- Chris Palmer
- Froggy the Great
- Arc 724