OvantheWise

Band of Brothers AUSF D Half-Track (German)

Thought I would Try my hand at something different. My dad ordered the Band of Brothers learn to play bolt action set, Knowing him it would never get built or painted so I took it apon myself to expand my painting portfolio and get some amazing historical miniatures under my belt. The plan was to shoot for right around tabletop standard and once I do a little more weathering and get the decals on I'm going to call that my tabletop +. As always feed back is both appreciated and encouraged. If you see something you like feel free to ask how I did it, I'm usually good at getting back to people. If you liked this and would like to see more work like it please feel free to follow me here or on my Facebook page facebook.com/TabletopGlory

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

• Like 12

I would hit that with at least a pin wash of Dark Umber (I personally avoid black as I feel its to stark looking). The wash will help the details pop, but keep in controlled, don't liberally douse the whole thing. I'm not sure what you are going for with what looks like white in the picture. While nothing is truly wrong when doing camo, white would certainly be unusual. A dark yellow would be more appropriate, but as I say nothing is truly "wrong".

Here is Glen's WIP on his STuG III: 

Glen's showoff; 

And some other finished vehicles:

3 hours ago, Heisler said:

I would hit that with at least a pin wash of Dark Umber (I personally avoid black as I feel its to stark looking). The wash will help the details pop, but keep in controlled, don't liberally douse the whole thing. I'm not sure what you are going for with what looks like white in the picture. While nothing is truly wrong when doing camo, white would certainly be unusual. A dark yellow would be more appropriate, but as I say nothing is truly "wrong".

Here is Glen's WIP on his STuG III: 

Glen's showoff; 

And some other finished vehicles:

its actually a sandy cream color but my phone doesn't like that color for what ever reason and it always looks bright like that.

Bolt Action is designed for 28mm, yes. However, like any set of miniature rules you can adjust it to any scale. One of the easiest is to convert inches to Centimeters and play it in 15mm. To be clear if the measurement is 6" for 28mm just substitute 6cm for 15mm.

On 5/16/2017 at 3:36 PM, OvantheWise said:

its actually a sandy cream color but my phone doesn't like that color for what ever reason and it always looks bright like that.

You might try editing the white balance on the picture to bring the color closer to what it should be.

• Like 1