Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taskmaster99

Garrick the Bold 77008

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just finished up Garrick the Bold. Painted with Army Painter matte black undercoat, dry brushed Necron Compund then finished off with Reaper HD paints. Basing done with the Army Painter basing kit.

Pay no attention to my paint fingers. 

comments and critiques always welcome.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Edited by Taskmaster99
20 people like this

The purple and gold work well together.  Nice work. 

Seeing this guy painted has me wanting one now. I agree with the purple and gold, love the colors 

He looks great! Purple and Gold are a great combo!

nice job

Cool!

A but unusual colourscheme, but nice. 

On ‎17‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 2:30 AM, Jeepnewbie said:

Seeing this guy painted has me wanting one now. I agree with the purple and gold, love the colors 

You don't have a Sirforcale?

B-but... 

Who is this Garrick the Bold you speak of? All I see if Sir Forscale in a really neat paintjob. :)

Good work!

Love love love your colours.  I've got a second one of these fellows sitting on my bench and you've inspired me.  Going to go for very dark mail, steel plate, copper-bronze accents and purple tabard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ulfheathen
      Recent Bones 4 Kickstarter posts inspired me to make a dragon wolf from 77202: Warg and 77026: Young Fire Dragon.

• By robsontpm
      The first miniature I have painted after opening Bones 3 box that arrived one week ago. Also, my first reaper miniature I would like to share.

I must admit that I made a very poor job on the mould lines though and the paint job isn't as neat as I would like to...

More pictures: http://zgielk.blogspot.com/2017/08/na-bezrybiu-i-smok-ryba.html

• By OneBoot
      I was inspired by how the paint combination on the Copper head of my Ma'al Drakar turned out, so I thought it would be fun to turn a mini into a bronze/copper statue!

Given that I still didn't have a fully painted Sir Forscale (@Reaperbryan owns all 3 of the ones I've painted to date), I decided it was high time I had one of my own.

Those two things resulted in this:

I removed him from his broccoli base and glued him onto a 20mm Reaper base, so he'd have a pedestal sort of thing to stand on. He was very quick to paint up, just Green Liner, Copper Verdigris, a light Turquoise Ink wash, then careful drybrushing of Coppery Orange.

I had fun thinking about what the wear patterns on a regular statue would be, hence why sections of his base and his right foot are so much shinier than the rest. Because given any flat surface, people are going to sit on it to rest or take pictures, and prominent areas are usually kept shined from people rubbing them.

And here's a couple of pics just for fun, since Ma'al is still hanging out on my desk:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By charcon
      So I got bored and said hey I am going to build the meeting where Eclavdra met with Giants to approach them about and alliance. I put storm Giants because I thought maybe they said NO. I also thought they would bring bodyguards and queen would bring her pet (womenand their chihuahuas!). Lol. Anyways ... been painting to gather up minis to run the modules for my kids and buddies. 

• By Laoke
      I've been thinking about doing this for awhile - painting up one of the clear "invisible" adventurers in Bones III as a translucent figure.  The obvious choice was 77449 - Invisible Rogue, as my delightful wife painted the matching 77035 - Visible Deladrin some time ago.

I painted the figure using a thinned Tamiya Clear Blue X-23 (thinned with Tamiya Thinner X-20).  This produced a very light blue tint to the figure while at the same time introducing some definition.  I also hit points where I wanted extra definition, mainly the face and weapon transition points, with unthinned Tamiya Clear Blue.

The broccoli is basically Reaper Peacock Green worked up through Reaper Clear Green to Reaper Clear Yellow.  The bottom of the base has been painted Reaper Pure Black.

Important Note:  Tamiya Clear paints are significantly different from Reaper Clear Paints.  Tamiya Clear are translucent, Reaper Clear are not. 

Issues - there's a big one in that because of the black I painted the bottom of the base, the boots of the translucent figure are significantly darker than the rest of the figure.  It almost reads right, but I'd have been better off doing the first coat on the bottom a green or maybe a white so they looked like they were clear going onto the grass of the base.  It's something I'll consider later, although could largely be ignored if you rebased the figure.  But on the whole I think this came out pretty good, accidental scimitar that we never noticed originally on Deladrin and all.

There's one additional issue that I didn't spot till after I posted this - a Virtual Chocolate Fish™ to anyone who can tell the class what that very delibrate mistake was for our educational porpoises.
  • Who's Online   53 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)