fishnjeeps

Where's Fishnjeeps?

Well, Indy is only 2.5 hours away from me. Maybe we should plan some sort of painting meet up some time!

• Like 3

On 5/17/2017 at 9:03 PM, Thes Hunter said:

Well, Indy is only 2.5 hours away from me. Maybe we should plan some sort of painting meet up some time!

That sounds like a plan! (once I get settled and unpacked of course) 

I'm now starting to pack up my painting supplies and such. not fun at all. I likely won't be posting any show offs or WIPs until at least September. my bones 3 will likely only get checked for accuracy then repacked for the move in their shipping boxes.

Also, we will hopefully be finding a realtor this weekend so that the house hunting can begin Soon*

I'll keep updating this thread with our progress.

• Like 5

Realtor found! We spent the day today looking at houses. Found a couple promising ones. 

Sadly, I've packed up my game room and all of my painting supplies. I have no less than 6 large boxes of minis that are unpainted and I still have more to pack. 

Tomorrow I take my assessments and hopefully sign up for my classes. 

• Like 9

On 5/17/2017 at 10:03 PM, Thes Hunter said:

With the toll on the new Bridge over the Ohio (Connecting my side of Louisville to @Kangaroorex's side, and removing the huge traffic jam that used to snarl that area) I made it to the south edge of the 465 loop in about an hour and a half. Very doable for a road trip for some games and painting.

• Like 5

Geez a LOT has happened the last couple weeks. The short story is we found a house and now have an accepted offer! We are working on the next steps to closing on this and owning our first house.

the property is really huge. It's a 3bed 1 bath ranch with 2 bonus rooms and a attached garage sitting on 1.2 acres. Plus a shed and a 2 story barn to make into an awesome workshop. 

Next week is our inspection so hopefully we don't have any more issues than we already know about. The house needs a little work but nothing I can't do myself. 

Also, I have my school schedule for my first semester set. I start school on August 21st. 

As they say, we have a long way to go and a short time to get there. 

• Like 12

What quadrant of town will this house potentionally be in?

woshing you all the luck with the house and the move and all that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

What quadrant of town will this house potentionally be in?

woshing you all the luck with the house and the move and all that.

Just south of 465. Near Southport area.

• Like 1

Right, so update time...

The inspection on the house went well and we have a finished and agreed inspection response settled. Now we are waiting for the bank to send their appraiser over to make sure we aren't overpaying (I really don't think we are). Then we continue our waiting game for closing. That so far is the hardest part. Our house is mostly packed now and we are having a garage sale next week to help purge more stuff and hopefully help defray moving costs. Until then, back to my lazy boy...

• Like 9

UPDATE:! Our closing has been pushed back twice now due to an issue on the sellers part. As it sits now, we won't be closing until december. Nearly everything has been packed since august which sucks but, it will be worth it once we finally close on this place!

To put more of a damper on things, my truck decided to throw half of a leaf out of one of its leaf springs to the tune of $600 in parts. (I'm replacing both sides or it would only cost half that) Its not an expense we were expecting but we need the truck to move with.

I really hope I can remember how to paint once I finally get a chance to do so again. It's looking like that will be sometime in February at this rate.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Good luck! It’ll be worth it when you’re all moved in and enjoying the new space. It’s stressful to buy and/or build a home. 

• Like 1