fishnjeeps

Where's Fishnjeeps?

On 11/2/2017 at 3:50 PM, Thes Hunter said:

Maybe we need to get you down to Louisville to paint at one of our houses! :lol: 

Let me move in and fix the bathroom. i wont be going anywhere until we have a working bathroom.:B):

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fishnjeeps said:

Let me move in and fix the bathroom. i wont be going anywhere until we have a working bathroom.:B):

Sounds like a good idea.

• Like 3

Right, so I haven't posted in a while. Things have been busy since my last post and its not all good. Here's the story...

After 8 MONTHS of waiting we finally got the title issue resolved on the house we wanted. However, we then found out that the seller had not been paying the mortgage on the property since we initially signed the contract and the property was in foreclosure which nullified our contract to buy. To say we were pissed would be an understatement. Sadly, there is little we could do to the seller for causing this. So we moved on to starting over and finding a new place. That was in February.

The downside to starting over is that prices have gone up above our budget. The few houses we have put offers in on we end up getting outbid. (We've put in 2 other offers since February) We are still working on trying to find a new place but its looking like a frustrating uphill battle. We've expanded our search area a bit to most of the south of Indianapolis down to Franklin. (its a fairly large area) but so far, no go.

We are close to a year now since we started looking. On top of all this, we have had some other wrenches put into the works that I can't talk about just yet but it makes moving even more necessary. I haven't painted anything in over a year, and my Bones order is still in its box waiting patiently for me to get to it.

On the upside, I will be at adepticon again this year helping Reaper out at there booth. I didn't think I'd be in Chicago for it, but I am. I'm looking forward to it. 

So that's what is going on. I'm still alive and still around. I'll keep updating until we find a place.

• Sad 12

Good luck to you.  You ever decide to give up on the big city life of Indy, you can always consider Louisville or the northern suburbs.  House prices continue to remain reasonable (mainly because native Kentuckians are terrified that if they cross the river the bridges will disappear!) just north of the Ohio.

all humor aside, I understand house hunting is miserable.  its the reason I haven't moved in 16 years, although I could afford a larger house, the concept of packing and moving is daunting!  Just curious, have you contacted the bank who owns the forclosure?  if they can find a loophole to get paid and unload the property quickly, they will usually do it.

Again, best of luck, and if you ever find your way to Louisville, look me up.  I actually have a couple of painting stations in my (slightly overrun) basement and would be happy to let you unwind for a few hours.

• Like 4

Very very sorry for your troubles.

It will, at least, be nice to see you again at Adepticon.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about the troubles.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

• Like 3

Thanks for the support everyone. It has been a trying experience for sure. HOWEVER, We finally got an accepted offer on a house! Matter of fact, I have to drive to Indy Sunday night after Adepticon so I'm there in the morning for the house inspection. Also, I haven't seen the house in person yet. (Mrs. Fishnjeeps did a video chat to show it to me. Technology can be a wonderful thing.) For those keeping track. The house is on the east side of the city in the Emerson Heights neighborhood.

Doug: Yes it is a short drive. We have been going to a church in Franklin the my sister in law goes to. I hope to see you at Adepticon!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the logjam being broken apart.

Best wishes for an easy and rapid move.

Good luck with the studies !!!

Sounds like your launching into the main stream of what you want to do in life.

Good Luck.

Jay

• Like 4

Congrats on the house!  Its always nice to move forward in life after getting stuck in a loop

• Like 4

Inspection complete (sorta). Our radon test was moved which makes it invalid. We have to have the seller pay for a new one. Beyond that the house is in good shape. We have some things we have to ask to be repaired by the seller so we shall see how things go in the next few weeks. 

I also found some new info about the previous house that makes me glad we didn't get it now. So far things are working out in our favor.  More info to come...

• Like 6

UPDATE!

The seller has agreed to fix everything we asked for! That's no small thing as we had a 2 page repair list we gave him. As it sits we will close on the house early next month unless the repairs take longer to complete. 

I gotta start looking for a new job now...

• Like 12