InvisibleThumb

Speed paint of 77162 Yephima

5 posts in this topic

Sat down for two hours today to make the time until bones 3 shipment notification go by.  Thought I'd try a speed paint of something largish.  Wasn't sure if this should have gone in the WIP thread.  Not putting it in show off though since it is far from what I would consider done.  Still, a fun test of my speed.

2:39 pm about to rip open the bag.

image.jpg.379b71ae13eb096275d42b8f765b1cd8.jpg

2:51 pm mold lines trimmed, washed, glued to a base.

image.jpg.cabec5eb57124fb18f6bb8da8a45aa2e.jpg

3:13 pm.  Brown linered.  Poured too much so a big puppy got some liner too.  Had to wait for drying anyway.

image.jpg.860fa66e63258e9653dbe906ac6d3449.jpg

3:47 pm.  Green hair, off white weapon and other accessories.  Eyes.

image.jpg.cef368ed4773695ed8b33c3d3ac1dfeb.jpg

4:08 pm. Skin.  Lots of skin.  

image.jpg.18cd1785a53b27a80fe4f7e04ba4d04f.jpg

4:28 pm.  Blue and purple/red cloth and accessories.  What, only 10 minutes left?  

image.jpg.d1bc8d1e164aaebe64f10524840613c1.jpg

4:41 copper details.  Little leather.  Okay, technically a couple minutes over.  Would have liked to go for another 20-30 min but I had to run out.  

image.jpg.e369311e398f081b6a81dc3da9c2b865.jpg

image.jpg.b5ad0460aa8f1eb272bcbdc7aa902079.jpg

mission accomplished?  Well, there base could use some attention.  And the face.  Really all of the skin could use a highlight. And the hair.  

But I think I'll keep it as is for now to show what I am capable of in two hours.  Maybe try this again in a while (there is the male still to do) and see if I get any faster.

16 people like this

Your 2 hour paint job looks way better than my 2 day paint job. Nice work!!!

2 people like this

On May 22, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Taskmaster99 said:

Your 2 hour paint job looks way better than my 2 day paint job. Nice work!!!

Nice of you to say, Taskmaster.  There's a lot I'd do with a little more time, but I am happy with it for what it is.  I think it's a good exercise and recommend trying a quickie from time to time.  Helps get you to realize what you can do with simpler techniques and color choice which can come in handy even when you are taking your time. 

1 person likes this

Very good!

Love it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By InvisibleThumb
      Eldest digit is turning 10 in two weeks.  There will be a pathfinder party and I get to be the dungeon master.  I also get to prepare minis for the party.  While most will make characters a couple days before (end of next week), Indy the eldest wanted to make one this weekend.  Went with a female half-Orc ranger wielding a double axe.  Sounds fun, right?  Well, I don't seem to have a lot of double axe wielding minis. Actually have a prepainted one, but it is an Orc and he's definitely male, so that was out.  

I figure I can convert an appropriate figure that's wielding a pole arm without too much trouble.  But it would have to have the right positioning for the weapon.  Came across Vernicia and Indy says, that's her.  It turns out I have this figure from years ago.  Pulled it out of the box of shame, primed black.  Here it looks after dusting it off pre cutting.

cut the standby end off and made a point out of what was left of the shaft.  Also found a couple of prepainted orkz to remove axe heads from.  They are big and ridiculous so they'll be perfect!

drilled out the shaft end of the plastic axe heads a little to give them a chance to hold onto the sharpened shaft and applied super glue.  Also glued to a base at this point.  Then hit the whole thing with a heavy drybrush of white primer.

And did a quick paint all in one night.  Left it on the table and we will see what the reaction is in the morning.  I think she turned out pretty good.  What do you think?

• By SparrowMarie
      I'm painting all the giants that came with Bones 3 starting with the 4 frost giants. I'm going to start off by assembly lining the skin and then go back to the queen, who I already have liner-ed, and go from there. Pics under spoiler for size.

• By Baldur8762
      Hello all!

I present my latest paint, 77079: Isabeau Laroche.  As with all the mini's I have painted thus far, there are parts I love, and parts I don't.  I complained about many things already in the WIP thread I did for this mini so I won't go through it all again.  I am most pleased with the freehand I did on the shield.  It is a galdratákn, an old Icelandic magical ward, it is named Óttastafur and it is meant to instill overwhelming fear in your enemies. Feedback and comments are very welcome!

• By Rahz
      So...  not having enough WIPs on the go already, my box of Bones lovelies arrived and this happened. 

The plan is to paint him in blues/whites/greys and MAYBE have him breathing something cold onto an opponent of some sort.   Digging through my Bones and the Reaper website for ideas so he might end up on a nice frozen landscape trying to fend off someone.  Currently leaning towards a knight with their shield forward or a wizard of some sort.  

Once the Green Stuff cures, he'll get a thin coat of blue liner and then the real work will begin while I search for his opposition. 

Thanks for looking. 
    • By sirgourls
      Got some paint on one of my Bones 3 minis. This is one of the ogre trio. Just phone pics, so I apologize if they look gods-awful. He looks wet because he has a layer of gloss sealer on him. I leant out my matte sealer and I don't have it back yet. When I do, he'll get a coat of that to knock the sheen down. He's destined for the tabletop (as are all my minis really).

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)