Sat down for two hours today to make the time until bones 3 shipment notification go by.  Thought I'd try a speed paint of something largish.  Wasn't sure if this should have gone in the WIP thread.  Not putting it in show off though since it is far from what I would consider done.  Still, a fun test of my speed.

2:39 pm about to rip open the bag.

2:51 pm mold lines trimmed, washed, glued to a base.

3:13 pm.  Brown linered.  Poured too much so a big puppy got some liner too.  Had to wait for drying anyway.

3:47 pm.  Green hair, off white weapon and other accessories.  Eyes.

4:08 pm. Skin.  Lots of skin.  

4:28 pm.  Blue and purple/red cloth and accessories.  What, only 10 minutes left?  

4:41 copper details.  Little leather.  Okay, technically a couple minutes over.  Would have liked to go for another 20-30 min but I had to run out.  

mission accomplished?  Well, there base could use some attention.  And the face.  Really all of the skin could use a highlight. And the hair.  

But I think I'll keep it as is for now to show what I am capable of in two hours.  Maybe try this again in a while (there is the male still to do) and see if I get any faster.

• Like 17

On May 22, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Taskmaster99 said:

Your 2 hour paint job looks way better than my 2 day paint job. Nice work!!!

Nice of you to say, Taskmaster.  There's a lot I'd do with a little more time, but I am happy with it for what it is.  I think it's a good exercise and recommend trying a quickie from time to time.  Helps get you to realize what you can do with simpler techniques and color choice which can come in handy even when you are taking your time. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cosmic_Joke
      This is Reaper's Mr. Bones and Buzzy, 77485, sculpted by Gene Van Horne. Buzzy was painted like a North American Turkey Vulture.

• By Cosmic_Joke
      This is Reaper's Mrs. Bones, 77484, sculpted by Gene Van Horne.  I made the block she is standing on with balsa wood and green stuff.

• By Crowley
      Since I’m playing in the Storm King’s Thunder campaign on Wednesdays, I’ve been inspired to work on one of the few giants I have in my collection, the Bone 2 Stone Giant from Expansion Set #1.
      As usual, I started by scrubbing him with a toothbrush and warm soapy water. His club arm fell off, and the glue holding in his other arm wasn’t looking so good either. If anything, it seemed more like rubber cement than the super glue I’m used to. I removed the arm, cleaned off the glue residue from all parts, and then glued him back together.

I don’t have a lot of WiP pictures, but I started with a base of Grey Liner, and then added increasing amounts of Stone Grey, then Linen White to get it to this stage of the skin. I used the same colors for the eyes. A touch of Monster Maw was used for the lower lip, and the bags under his eyes.

The club was painted with a heavy brush of Redstone Shadow over the liner. The loin cloth, belt, and straps were painted with Rich Leather.

All of this was done in about 100 minutes (the runtime of Ant-Man).

One thing that’s kept me away from painting big minis is the fact that I have little space to display them, or store them. They tend to have pretty big footprints (bases). This guy, while tall, isn’t really bulky. However he really should be on a 3” base… I’m thinking about magnetizing him, so he can pop off the base for storage.
    • By Goddesstio
      I couldn't resist a good old fashioned owlbear!

• By airviper
      I finally did it. After 3 years of telling myself this summer I will get to Kaladrax, I finally did, during the snow day this week.  Here it is

• Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)