16 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is my planned Mousling diorama for ReaperCon. The idea start forming at last year's con and evolved into this: two Mousling thieves getting caught robbing a Mousling wizard. The base is built and it and the Mouslings are primed. That is all that is done for now so lots of painting remains as well as adding in details. I am really excited for this one and everything that I have planned.
Here are a few more Bones models I have painted over the last few weeks. I'm still fairly new to painting bones (2nd and 3rd models I've painted, although have painted a handful from other manufacturers). It's the first time I've used so much white on a mini, I learned that it is a very strong colour and only needs subtle shading to be effective- may have gone overboard on the cloak. Also, washing over white seemed to make it look dirty, which is not what I was going for... Overall I like the colour schemes I went with and am pretty happy with how they turned out.
Thanks for looking!
I've been thinking about doing this for awhile - painting up one of the clear "invisible" adventurers in Bones III as a translucent figure. The obvious choice was 77449 - Invisible Rogue, as my delightful wife painted the matching 77035 - Visible Deladrin some time ago.
I painted the figure using a thinned Tamiya Clear Blue X-23 (thinned with Tamiya Thinner X-20). This produced a very light blue tint to the figure while at the same time introducing some definition. I also hit points where I wanted extra definition, mainly the face and weapon transition points, with unthinned Tamiya Clear Blue.
The broccoli is basically Reaper Peacock Green worked up through Reaper Clear Green to Reaper Clear Yellow. The bottom of the base has been painted Reaper Pure Black.
Important Note: Tamiya Clear paints are significantly different from Reaper Clear Paints. Tamiya Clear are translucent, Reaper Clear are not.
Issues - there's a big one in that because of the black I painted the bottom of the base, the boots of the translucent figure are significantly darker than the rest of the figure. It almost reads right, but I'd have been better off doing the first coat on the bottom a green or maybe a white so they looked like they were clear going onto the grass of the base. It's something I'll consider later, although could largely be ignored if you rebased the figure. But on the whole I think this came out pretty good, accidental scimitar that we never noticed originally on Deladrin and all.
There's one additional issue that I didn't spot till after I posted this - a Virtual Chocolate Fish™ to anyone who can tell the class what that very delibrate mistake was for our educational porpoises.
I finished Dhaelia for my D&D friend, this is for my current campaign about Broken Gods. Dhaelia is the group's rogue/arcane trickster. Took about 4 hours total on this piece as I'm trying to get it ready for next week's game and I have a lot of other projects going that need to get done before ReaperCon gets here!
WIP thread located here:
As always, C&C are welcomed and appreciated, thanks for looking!
Another WIP for me to do this week. I've got Isla Darkstep, Reaper SKU #02698 which I'm painting up for my final D&D player. This one is going to be painted up to look like a drow.
Anyhow, getting started, I have a couple pics as I got it cleaned and prepped now. Again going with black primer first and then I'll wait until it dries and do some white primer dry-brushed over it to pick out details. I just placed her integral base on a 1 inch circle of wood that I like to use for my bases and then put some procreate around the edges and sculpted the stones to match what was on her base to the best of my limited sculpting ability.
Who's Online 41 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Chris Palmer
- The Operative 1
- Lidless Eye
- Darsc Zacal
- Mad Jack
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Thes Hunter