WhatsEcstacy

01604: Eli Quicknight as Twynblade the Rogue

The texture on the cloak and the armor looks really good!  Eyes that are difficult to access are the bane of most people's painting, and while there are lots of tutorials it can take a while to find one that works for you.  The Bette Davis Eyes method is a good place to start.  Keep practicing and you'll get it!  ^_^ 

• Like 4

Looking good for mini #6! 

As for eyes, it depends on the size of the eyes for me. Sometimes I use a Pigma Graphic Micron .005 pen, other times I'll use a brush with a really great point. 

• Like 2

Only your 6th mini?!  Amazing!  I have been painting for a couple months now and I am not anywhere close to your level.

I have used a toothpick to paint eyes that seemed too small for a bush.  If the existing tips of the toothpick is to large you can sharpen it to get it nice and sharp.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Great work on him!!

Do you have any plans for his base?

Funny you should ask! I just took the plunge today and bought a bunch of basing materials. I'm about halfway done with his base now and it's turning out pretty good. I'm trying to decide on a color scheme for the ground. I think I'll go for something brown and muddy to tie into the bottom of the cloak. I'll post pictures here as soon as I'm done!

• Like 1

Very nice job. I love the cloak.

As for straightening: If it is a bones miniature cook up some water, stick the mini in and it should straighten out. Obivously you don't want to do that when you are done painting, though I guess with finish on it... but I wouldn't try it. For metal find a flat surface edge and put the weapon it, the mini to the side of it and flatten it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AEdge
      It's been a while since I've posted anything here. I have some making up to do. Forgive me.

Dub Bullock. A most unpleasant painting experience. Mine was badly cast so I had to fix up a few spots. This is not something I'm good at. Greenstuff is my enemy.

Thorvald, Dwarf Hero was an experiment in blue armour. I'm not sure if I'll do that again. 

Baeldrinahr, Rogue Fighter. I've painted this one before with a similar scheme. 

• By SGHawkins09
      Finally got around to taking photos of my ReaperCon entries for 2017 and this was one of my entries in the Painter's category. This is Dark Sword's Female Wood Elf Warrior and I wanted to paint this one up for a long time but could not decided on what color scheme to use. All I knew was that I wanted to do something different than what you would expect for a wood elf but I did not know what. It finally came to me, use mainly purples and greys and make her a drow. After determining that, the base plan came to me pretty quickly, place her in a cave with natural crystals and spiderwebs. The webs were created using UHU glue. She ended up being my entry that was judged for that category and I was very pleased to receive a gold medal.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• By SGHawkins09
      Painted this one up for the Summer Exchange but kept forgetting to post photos. Love this little guy, lots of character in such a small sculpt.

• By londwch
      Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.

I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush.  The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.

I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases.  I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process.  They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards.  But these are good and solid and make a good base.

So now I have to decide which figure to work on....

I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint.  I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.   

I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night.  But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.

The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.   

Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.

• By SGHawkins09
      This is my planned Mousling diorama for ReaperCon. The idea start forming at last year's con and evolved into this: two Mousling thieves getting caught robbing a Mousling wizard. The base is built and it and the Mouslings are primed. That is all that is done for now so lots of painting remains as well as adding in details. I am really excited for this one and everything that I have planned.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)