11 posts in this topic

nice job, i like the rope and worn bag effect

1 person likes this

Great work 

1 person likes this

That skintone is great!

I like it better than the usual fleshtones for Ogres.

2 people like this

That is a really cool looking Ogre. Beautiful work!

1 person likes this

Nice work!

I agree that the red cloth is drawing the eye too much. I would suggest painting it the same blue that you used on the shield, that way it will still stand out from the ground, but not pull so much attention away from the ogre.

Alternatively, you could add red toward the top of the model to balance it out. Examples would be adding a touch of blood to his hammer or painting the ropes that are wrapped around his bracers as red cloth.

5 people like this

Good work!

I agree with Guindyloos advice.

1 person likes this

Actually did try to make it blue when I had some left on the palette, but I think I remembered wrong which blue was on the shield and it's a different shade.  I can probably highlight it closer to the color of the shield.  Thanks for the input!  I think it'll make a difference in the final look.

1 person likes this

Love the skin tones. Keep up the good work. 

He looks great!  Ready to smash something.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By InvisibleThumb
      Stuck my thumb in the box of unpainted bones and pulled out a Kyphryxis.

must unbag bag and dry fit, trim mold lines and scrub, but first, the random colors...

15, ah what could that mean?  I'll look later.  Let's roll another.

seven!  Good.  Nicely spaced numbers.  Will look it up in a minute.  For the third roll...  Well darn gotta wait for the full minute so the time shown is different...  Finally!

oof!  One!  Critical miss.  Well, it's probably a boring color at the top of the table.  Let's see what this means:

15: mint green
      7: olive green
      1: fire red 

huh.  Whadaya know.  Time to go see what I've got for colors... (To be continued)
    • By DMAgamus
      Howdy all, Dmagamus here. Sat down yesterday and painted this lovely lady up in one long sitting. If you'll allow me a moment to gush, I wrapped up a campaign last night that has spanned from level 1 to 20 and lasted nearly 3 years. I need a giant spellcaster for the final fight, and I wanted it to look pretty good, so I put a pretty fair amount of time into it. I think it came out pretty well.

• By Kuche
      Hi guys, im just start working on this big girl . Im not a big fam of bones cuz of the details, but it os what i have , so hope you guys like her.

• By Grayfax
      Finished with my latest show and will have at least two months before I'm in another.  Figured out that having a nice hobby room all to myself didn't work so well as my wife would find things for me to do so that I didn't go in there and leave her feeling alone.  Moved my big painting desk back out into the living room so progress should be fine and if she leaves, she's not upset about it.  

I had last stopped working on Yagun Oog well over a month ago, so I didn't want to try to jump back in on him right away.  Last week saw the Hangout Mini of the Month was another ogre, Kagunk, so I ordered him and he arrived yesterday in the mailbox.  After the show finished, I broke him open and began removing mold lines and smoothing things out.  For a while it seemed this was going to take several days, but soon I was back in the rhythm and by the time I write this he is ready for a washing.

As you can see, he is slightly large.  In fact, I had to go scrounging in the cabinets to find something I could put him on to paint him.  The jeweler's vice would sort of work, but without a tab that is problematic.  Nope, he is going to get a glass jar of high quality olives and a lot of white-tack.  He will see brown liner or primer tomorrow!  Also going to have to figure out a base for him as the large 50 cm rounds I had donated by Jasper the 2nd are not quite big enough.  He may get a slice of a cedar limb, we'll see...
    • By OtterlyTrying
      This is my first WIP, so please bear with me on this.  

I tried to do the base coat in the style of the brown liner trick only using sepia liner instead as I don't have brown liner.  However, I wasn't thinking and ended up using sepia wash...several layers of it.  After a V8 moment, I then realized that the instructions were for liner not wash.  A coat of sepia liner is shown below.

• Who's Online   44 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)