That skintone is great!

I like it better than the usual fleshtones for Ogres.

• Like 2

Nice work!

I agree that the red cloth is drawing the eye too much. I would suggest painting it the same blue that you used on the shield, that way it will still stand out from the ground, but not pull so much attention away from the ogre.

Alternatively, you could add red toward the top of the model to balance it out. Examples would be adding a touch of blood to his hammer or painting the ropes that are wrapped around his bracers as red cloth.

• Like 5

Actually did try to make it blue when I had some left on the palette, but I think I remembered wrong which blue was on the shield and it's a different shade.  I can probably highlight it closer to the color of the shield.  Thanks for the input!  I think it'll make a difference in the final look.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      Thread title pretty much sums it up. This is Callus the Renegade from Black Orc’s Hundred Kingdoms, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:

There is is a lot going on here, from chain, scale, and plate to all the spangly bits and Things on Belts. Tried to add some variety of color where possible. Not sure what actual colors were worn by Roman soldiers, but red is popular among cosplayers according to Google. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t purple at least.

Turns out Dark Elf Skin is a pretty good approximation of actual gorilla flesh. It also seems that brown is not a popular color for actual gorilla fur, but whatever.

I was unsure just what that thing in his left hand is, so I imagined it as some sort of monkey-headed scepter, and painted it up in Dragon Copper and Antique Gold. Mostly as an excuse to try out some GW verdigris. I probably miffed the placement, but it’s a neat effect. Very much a “nasty old penny” look.

Did I mention this guy is big? Here he is alongside Miss Forscale the Strumpet:

Comments and critiques appreciated!
    • By GodOfCheese
      Sometimes an Ogre just has to go clubbing. :-)
      Tried a different painting technique on this guy and a few others. I think it works reasonably on the skin, but still looks kind of scratchy in some places; murky in others.

• By dunker79
      It has been a while, but I am back with another mini from Reaper. This time its a Blood Stone Gnome, which I tried to paint up as a goblin. Hope you all like it. Any C&c is welcomed.

• By Cyradis
      I painted this one in Fall/Winter for @Jay for the 2017 Secret Santa. He said he was playing a martial artist in a tabletop campaign, so I gave him "Bruce Lee". Bruce Lee has some classic yellow and black pants, so I changed the black for red for flair. To avoid ketchup-and-mustard (and the original pants color is Mustard Yellow), I popped some doodles onto the belt. I did intense shading on the skin to make it clear that the dude is made of muscles. The yellow is shaded with Arbuckles Brown from Scale 75, which is pretty much a brown-purple, through Reaper Mustard Yellow, to Scale 75 Hykey Yellow, and Reaper Linen White. I kept the base minimal for ease of use in Jay's game, and gave the base some extra sealant, anticipating handling. 

• By NyarlaBcn
      Nice and simple sculpt. 
      Here the main issue was to paint his musculature/skin. A bit of crimson on his nose gives us a hint of what he may have on the barrel on his waist. 

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)