Lt. Coldfire

60025: Gray Maiden

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

DSC_0004.jpg.0a1f6d502868e53ceffc673b6881c37c.jpg

111.jpg.9c3adbb24637642f4ff96a15caaa442f.jpg

Edited by Lt. Coldfire
22 people like this

Wow that is some stunning work!  I love the colours!

Nice work, love the weathering on the metals, and the contrast to a beautifully blended blue cloak.

Amazing work on the armor. 

Beautiful metals, what's your recipe?

Very smooth paint job stunning work!

Posted (edited)

I love the colors of the cloak and the blending on it.  The metals are great also!

Edited by PurpleLlama

nice job, i like the detailing on front of the armor

20 hours ago, Pragma said:

Beautiful metals, what's your recipe?

I always play around with metals, so I don't have an exact recipe.  My process is to begin with a base coat, obviously, in this case I think I used Dwarven Gold and Speed Metal from Scale75.  From there I apply various washes in various degrees of dilution.  The blue tone is watered down Drakenhof Nighthshade from Citadel.  When it's all said and done, there's probably 3-4 coats of controlled washes on this model.  I then go back and highlight with the base coat, thinning as needed.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Patrik Strom
      The Gray Maiden from Reaper's Pathfinder line. I've had this semipainted for a couple of years now, and I've finally decided to try and finish it. It was a rather quick job. I wish I had more precision to paint the straps on her arm and leg.

• By ub3r_n3rd
      This is my ReaperCon 2015 entry into the Diorama category. I called it "Faithful Stand" and the idea came about when I first saw the praying paladin. It evoked in me an image of him praying to his god or goddess and something bad sneaking up behind him. I then saw the Reaper Artist Con's Ogres and knew that they were what was needed to put this diorama from my mind into reality. The Grey Maiden was the prefect figure for my idea of a statue of the paladin's goddess. 

Having got caught up in a pretty big funk for a while, I didn't start this project until about 10 days before ReaperCon was to happen. After much work and many hours, I was able to complete it at the deadline the morning I had to leave for the Con.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working on it!

Figures:
      03710: Ogre Smasher, sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      03711: Ogre Clubber, sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      03600: Praying Paladin, sculpted by Matt Gubser
      60025: Gray Maiden, sculpted by Derek Schubert

WIP Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

Faithful Stand

He knelt before the statue of his goddess, she was stained with age and time. The alcove had long fallen down around her ankles, but she still stood. He took it to be divine intervention and continued to pray to her, he knew that he was the first to do so in this ruined area in well over a century... 

​As the paladin prayed to his goddess, Tog and Gog grinned evilly at each other and came out of hiding in the hills and forest to smash the skull and enjoy a nice meal. They rushed forward, froth and drool flying out of their mouths and eagerness in their long strides. Their clubs wound up and...

Thank you for looking, C&C are welcomed and greatly appreciated!

P.S. I might still (at some point) apply the feedback I received from Michael Proctor (one of the judges) to fix this piece up more, but I'm still undecided at this point so that's why I'm posting pics now.
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      So I'm going to attempt to pull off a feat of craziness here. I'm planning on a 5-figure diorama that I started last night and trying to finish in time for ReaperCon.

The figures are as follows:
      3 Ogres (Tom, Dick, & Harry from the Reaper Artists Con) -
      03710 03711 03712 Praying Paladin - 03600 Grey Maiden - 60025  
      Photo of Tom, Dick, and Harry (the three to the right) courtesy of hungerfan's post while he was at the RAC:

Anyhow, here's my idea that came to me when I saw them:

The praying paladin is kneeling before a broken temple to his Goddess (the Grey Maiden figure). Nature has reclaimed the temple, all that is left are ruins, broken columns and the old faded statue. There is overgrowth everywhere, the statue and columns are stained with the passage of time.

Suddenly three ogres see him and rush in to clobber the praying paladin, they have him surrounded... 

So far, I've gotten the ogres mostly cleaned up of mold lines, glued together, and placed on their 2-inch plastic bases. Tonight I'll finish cleaning up mold lines, fill gaps, prime, and work on the big base which is around a 7 inch circular base of wood about 2mm thick, I'll add foam and cork board to build it up.

The plan is to have the ogres and the paladin as removable and their individual bases cleverly hidden so they look like they are a part of the scene seamlessly. 

I'll be working fast and furious on this as I only have 10-11 nights to work on it, but most of those nights I'll have 5-6 hours to work on it and that means I could get this done in 50-60 hours. Wish me luck!

C&C will be greatly appreciated through the process as well. 
    • By Corporea
      Here she is!
      I sculpted the base. The WIP is here in my running thread. I had a lot of fun with this one. C&C always welcome!

(I think I will take it to a competition, so if it needs a lot of work, let me know!)

• Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)