vegascat

02766: Arrius the Black, Skeletal Champion (Vegascat rolls the bones again)

9 posts in this topic

I finished my current semester of school a few weeks ago and wanted to ease back into painting with something simple and something from my shelf of shame.  I'm not real pleased with the highlights on the cloak, overall I'm happy with him as he ended up in a nice muted tone.  Feedback welcome and wanted.

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

20 people like this

Really nice work.  I like the color of the bone. 

2 people like this

beautiful work! The eyes are very creepy!

1 person likes this

Nice work!!! I like the cloak. The purple highlights work well with the black.

1 person likes this

Thank you everyone, for the likes and the comments!  

@Taskmaster99, The shading is actually green, not black, not that anyone can really tell in the picture.  I've become a fan of using complimentary colors for shading as it makes the colors more interesting.

2 people like this

Good job!

Love the eyes and the cloak!

1 person likes this

nice color scheme. good work

1 person likes this

I like him; good job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      I used a Reaper green sample paint on the bows and quivers, with hints of black and a black wash to have them resemble the ancient nord weapons the druager carry in Skyrim. The fourth archer is from the Core Learn to Paint Kit.

• By VolksFest
      OK, so this is one of those "good enough!" moments and I am calling this done! This, actually being the stage for many of my firsts.. My first diorama for starters, my first attempt at making a wire-tree, the first time I used an airbrush and my first (albeit failed) entry to a competition. And it is the moment to call it quits, declare it finished and present to you for much desired C&C.

Unfortunately my photography is still very much lacking :(

Oh and the reason I couldn't make it to the competition is that I have to go on a business trip abroad on the very day that it will be held.. Oh well, there is always next year I guess..

Thanks for looking.
    • By Ducknuck84
      Well I am slowly getting back into Mini painting after a long time, dabbled a little with it last year but life happened and didn't do much, but before that hadn't painted anything sense around 1999. Now trying to get some practice when i can so that I'm ready for when my Bones 4 comes in, (I know that's a long time but I tend to put things off :D ).

Any way broke out the paints and painted these Skeleton Guardians that I had but I wanted to try some different color combinations and washes to see how they looked. With the exceptions of the washes and different colored loin cloths the rest of the skeletons were panted with the same colors.
      The Blue Skeleton was done with a wash of Reapers Stone Grey
      The Red Skeleton was done with a wash of Reapers Harvest Brown
      The Green Skeleton was done with a wash of Reapers Pure Black

For still being a bit rusty I think they turned out alright, but i'm still on the fence about which wash I like better so if anyone want to chime in on that it would be appreciated and any other C&C are appreciated as well 

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      As I said before, I finally have a camera (well, it's actually my wife's new smart phone) that can take reasonable pictures of miniatures. Now I just have to learn how to take good pictures (and learn how to paint ...). Here is the Bones Mummy Captain. As always, I'm aiming for tabletop standard as playing with the miniatures is the first goal. I should probably start doing more/better highlights (any other CC welcome).

• By Nightwing
      Here is the skeleton from the Grenadier Monsters box set. I tried to make the bone more interesting than the usual tan+wash+drybrush. 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)