vegascat

02766: Arrius the Black, Skeletal Champion (Vegascat rolls the bones again)

I finished my current semester of school a few weeks ago and wanted to ease back into painting with something simple and something from my shelf of shame.  I'm not real pleased with the highlights on the cloak, overall I'm happy with him as he ended up in a nice muted tone.  Feedback welcome and wanted.

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

• Like 20

Thank you everyone, for the likes and the comments!  

@Taskmaster99, The shading is actually green, not black, not that anyone can really tell in the picture.  I've become a fan of using complimentary colors for shading as it makes the colors more interesting.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Spooktalker
      Hi all, I thought you might like to see the Mordheim gang I just finished, particularly because it features a bunch of Reaper figures. It's hard to believe I started this over ten years ago. They sat around for years with a good portion done, and lately I've had my old projects in my sites and am finishing them off.

Mordheim Undead Gang

I wrote about them and shared more pics in a blog post here: https://belchedfromthedepths.blogspot.com/2018/06/mordheim-undead-gang.html

More pics of the reaper ones:

Reaper Matthias the Twisted, Vampire

I shared the vampire already here, so you may have seen him already. New backdrop with this pic for consistency.

Reaper Gravedigger
      Reaper humans are too tall, IMO, to mix in generally with Mordheim figures, but the vampire and gravedigger are conscious exceptions as they fit right in towering over their fellows.

There was no way I wasn't going to have this Reaper monkey in the crew. He's from a familiars pack.

Reaper Ghouls and Ghast

Reaper Hellhounds
      Last up are these Reaper hellhounds, or dire wolves, in Mordheim game terms. I was and am thinking of them as black dogs of yore like the barghest rather than wolves.

• By Othikent
      I did these guys a few months ago.

I challenged myself when I painted these guys and avoided using washes. I'm very happy with the turnout.
      I'd love to hear what you all think.
    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I've been working on this scary Reaper DHL Lich for a week or so. There is a rich blue glowy effect on his eyes but it doesn't seem to have come out that clearly on these pics.

Anyway, thanks for looking!

• By wickedshifty
      I painted this guy and he seemed like a real ambitious little skeleton. So I had a base I had started for a different project, but ultimately decided not to use, and he seemed worthy and I liked the rocks he came standing on anyways...

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)