4 posts in this topic

Yet another speed paint, this one pretty much human sized.  I'm thinking of using this one in a Frostgrave warband.  It's not exactly human, but I think that works in the setting (there are beast crafters after all).  If I do decide to use it in a warband I think I'll have to base it on something standard.

image.jpg.4901f31fc0ce5823dd2b6a588c9d58d6.jpg

image.jpg.633e99671cbe232a6f872f670d19d5f3.jpg

11 people like this

Good job!

1 person likes this

Nice work. I have one of these yet to be started. You have given me the inspiration to break him out of his blister pack and get to work.

1 person likes this

Glad you liked it and it's helpin get another figure ready for action.  I sometimes find simpler paint jobs more inspiring than really fancy ones since I can see more easily how I could replicate it.  Of course I would like to improve to the point where I can do that with fancier paint jobs too.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Another set complete!  This time it's a group of Eastern Fantasy themed adventurers and encounters.  Almost all the minis are from the third Bones Kickstarter, with the exception of the Tengu/Kenku Monk armed with kamas.  She's from Stonehaven.

The group:

The Oni:

The Kitsune.  The male is one of my favorites...I hadn't even noticed the sake glass in his hand  until I started painting!  That and his swagger make for a very characterful sculpt.

Just some Human Monks:

The Kenku/Tengu:

This is the non-Reaper one, a Monk from Stonehaven Miniatures:

Flock!

• By TGP
      @Everyone :: Please feel free to share pix of creations from the Conversion Classes in this thread. 

I will **start:

As a beginning exercise Gene Bobby and Jason had everyone pick a body, add one thing, and pass it to the right. That was repeated three times. These were the result. 

**Be warned I have moar pix...
    • By Guildenstern
      Idk if this is a KS model or one I randomly bought to fill out our need for giant monsters that are not cardboard cutouts. Anyway, he's done. He was going to maybe go in a desert diorama but I decided against (he didn't end up fitting). I might go back over his claw bits again tho, they seem a lot darker in the pic than they do IRL but theyr'e still just not quite right. Anyway, he's based on a couple of RL pics, mostly going for a shiny red carapace kind of idea. He's not in my WIP thread, so just a quick note, I undercoated him mournfang brown (a red brown GW colour) and then built up to the red with reaper's bloodstain red and later clotted red (my absolutely fave triad *ever*)

• By Lidless Eye
      Another batch of deadly forest encounters, the kind you'd find protecting Castle Stoneskull!

All miniatures are from the Castle Stoneskull set from Bones III.

Vegepygmies:

Plant Dragon:

Death Lilies or something like that!

• By rollcast
      I'm just really proud of this, my first work with an airbrush ever. Maybe it's not the best skill & craft work out there for finishing a figure, but I think I win some points for originality.

What I learned...
      Sometimes, inspiration comes when you think your finished (my son said "I thought you were going for a nebula") Sometimes, your wife says "It needs something iridescent" when you think you're done and she's right. Sparkling Amethyst on the spines Airbrushing means mixing and getting your consistency exactly right - I got lucky on my first try Airbrushing base colors is insanely fast, uses almost no paint and produces something much more even than I could dry-brushing Dry brushing is great for aging/leathering a piece - airbrushing is all about consistency of coverage. Trying to add red-shifted & blue-shifted stars to the star field looked like birthday cake sprinkles. Nature always has better color schemes than I can come up with on my own. I still need to figure out how to layer/thin/build up my colors.  

After initial airbrushing with Violet Shadow and Clear Magenta and maybe a mix with aged bonne for the belly.

First pass at layering for the spikes. I've got some learning to do.

Another angle at the "ready for detailing" stage.

My son said "nebula" and I broke out the clear blue and thinned it, but probably not enough.

Here's the "finished" product. I detailed so many stars in the blue areas. Then my wife said "iridescent" and I added Sparkling Amethyst to the spines. It's a great touch and highlights the raised part of the body instead of leaving it the same as the rest.

For scale against another recent work, my lizardman army.

• Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)