Maledrakh

Maledrakh's 3D printed Beholder

12 posts in this topic

Very Nice!

That is awesome! I want one. But uh, I don't have a 3D printer. Sadness.

I need a beholder mini though. And Reaper's eyebeast just isn't imposing enough to stand in.

In any case, this looks great! And I'll bet at the table the stepping isn't noticeable at all. Do you intend to game with it, or is it for display only?

1 person likes this

Turned out good. The principal of the local elementary just got one of those for the school and was interested in printiñ off minis for the kids. Are there any good sites I can direct him to?

1 person likes this

Nice job!  And regardless of stepping, hound of a great job painting the big eye.  It looks great!

Like you said, the stepping isn't really too awful unless you really look for it. I can see it a little on the teeth, but that's all.

Nice model, and cool paint job!

1 person likes this

This is awesome! How does it stay up on that tiny support?

Hello and thank you for your kinds words all!

@sirgourls: I would use it in game if I had the chance. I don't really get to game much these days :( 

@tjrez, I can't publish links as that goes against Reapers' policy as they are also commercial sites, but you can PM me.

@Lorathorn: superglue. The support is a paperclip superglued underneath the base and comes through a hole that I drilled and under teh beholder it is bent in a 90 degree angle so the mini rests on a horisontal support a few millimetres before the paperclip is bent 90 degrees again to enter the hole I drilled for it in the beholder. if that makes any sense.

The beholder is hollow (the printer fills it with a wide honeycomb-structure inside for strength) and does not really weigh much. The PLA is quite light.

1 person likes this

Wow looks nice and a nice sculpt. On top of this, I am impressed at the quality on a cheap printer.....this may push me to finally order a printer. I have been waffling on buying one for a couple years now. 

What a miniature is made of & how it is produced isn't as important as what you do with it once you have it in hand. At least that is my take on the subject.

That is an IMPRESSIVE creation, AND BEAUTIFULLY painted...I love the tongue. VERY WELL DONE!

Very nice... impressive design principles. And great paint job.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now