Kendal

Boromir

10 posts in this topic

Nicely done!

1 person likes this

Very nicely done! I'm not a fan of Games Workshop minis, EXCEPT for their Lord of the Rings stuff and you  did a great job on this one!

1 person likes this

nice job, looks like he has a bone horn ? bone tipped with metal

1 person likes this

I feel the same way Moon! Tjrez, it is indeed meant to look like bone tipped with metals.

I love your work! 

I have the minis from this set in metal. I have had them for years now but never painted them. They were my first exposure to mins. I just actually primed one to get ready to paint so I hope my work turns out as nice as yours!  I love the GW LOTR minis, the only physical product they make that I like! 

1 person likes this

Great work.  May have to invest in some of this line myself.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I really appreciate the compliments. The LOTR range is great, WHAT SUCKS is their scale. Unfortunately depending on what you buy, plastic, finecast, or metal are all kinda off in scale. The lotr range wasn't taken care of properly, and I would say their metal heroes and plastic boxes are the only things worth buying. Stay away from the finecast. I touched up Boromirs face and posted pics for scale. The perry mini to the left is 28mm, the souls mini to the right is 32-35.

Also if you dig my stuff, throw me a like!  https://m.facebook.com/KendalsBullbroccoli/?ref=bookmarks

20170521_203351.jpg

20170521_203448.jpg

Edited by Kendal
3 people like this

Wow, black is a very tricky colour to work on and yours turned out great. Well done. I started my painting journey with the The lord of the rings miniatures, I have never got about to painting them. I agree totally about the scale issues and to a degree the quality levels too.  Its just all over the place. Having said that, those group of minis are still among my most cherished miniatures. 

Good job on him!