Lars Porsenna

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay coming back!

Wait, based on the first and second editions?

Dang it, I was looking forward to being cranky and complaining! This takes all the wind out of my sails! ::D:

Very glad to hear that.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

Ratcatchers, Ratcatchers everywhere

you can keep your paladins and other heroes

I shall be a Ratcatcher with a vicious little dog, and maybe, just maybe if I work hard (and stay off the warpstone dust) I might get to be a Grave Robber one day (stop looking at me like that, do you know how much the bourgeois pay for fresh teeth?)

• Like 3

I haven't played any RPG's in 25 years. But the last (which I GM'd) was Warhammer Fantasy RPG. Loved the background and character development. And the d100 system made it simpler than D&D for the casual infequent players to participate in. 

• Like 1

I've played the 3e version with the weird dice pools. A dwarf troll slayer :lol:. And I did technically slay a troll, or give it the killing blow as it was down and slowly regenerating. After my character got disfigured by troll acid spit and one point away from death. So I technically qualified to become a giant slayer, and gained "horrible appearance" as an ability.

Though the rules mechanics worked, it felt out of place knowing the history of the game. Pretty much like D&D 4e was.

• Like 2

There we go! Something to complain about - there is also an Age of Sigmar RPG in the works!

Oh, wait... that is 'also', not 'instead of'...

Sorry, I still got the ain't got nuthin' to complain about, everything is copacetic, blues.....

The Auld Grump, if yu wanna sing the blues, baby, sometimes, ya gotta lose...

• Like 3

It strikes me that having both versions of the RPG - for the classic setting as well as AoS, gives GW a chance to gauge interest in reviving the classic game.

Whether they do so or not... is a separate question, but a lot more likely with the current CEO.

The Auld Grump

I believe these are being done by Cubicle 7. If they do anything like as well as they did with the Lone Wolf stuff then I'm fully expecting the new WFRP to be great fun. Well written, good production values etc. Now that being said I think WFRP probably deserves a more indepth rules system to satisfy the fans but, as a company, Cubicle 7 do well when it comes to putting a lot of love into their rpg products.