Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harrek

Pre-launch
Bones IV pre-launch & news

1040 posts in this topic

CMON's next KS will happen at the beginning of next year (the Japan inspired one) ... so I have to plan for two Kickstarters that will hurt my wallet ...

I've just sat down and worked out how much I've spent on Bones and CAV Kickstarters . . .   :blink:

You are braver than I. :wacko:

My problem is that my purchasing habits for the Bones kickstarters have been influenced by the fact that I didn't get any of the big ones from Bones 1, so I've had to slowly acquire them at retail price ever since.

Which is why I will likely get Baba Yaga's hut.

Do we need it? No. Do we have a place to store it? No. Will it be used in a game? Probably not. Is it awesome? Yes. Will it cost a lot more to get it later if we need/want it? Oh yes.

IF answer to questions 4 or 5 = Yes, THEN addto KSPledge. :blink:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

13 people like this

I've just sat down and worked out how much I've spent on Bones and CAV Kickstarters . . .   :blink:

My problem is that my purchasing habits for the Bones kickstarters have been influenced by the fact that I didn't get any of the big ones from Bones 1, so I've had to slowly acquire them at retail price ever since.

Do we need it? No. Do we have a place to store it? No. Will it be used in a game? Probably not. Is it awesome? Yes. Will it cost a lot more to get it later if we need/want it? Oh yes.

Huzzah!

That right there is why we have a tendency to pick up the big stuff that we want, even though we have no idea where we might store it. We /know/ retail will kick our butts if we don't. ^^;

... also, the big stuff has a tendency to be DRAGON! which .. um.. yes, I'm obsessed. Don't judge me. ;p

6 people like this

Huzzah!

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

5 people like this

Huzzah!

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

My newsletter is broke. :lol:

Huzzah!

4 people like this

I think at this point I have more unpainted minis than I got in Bones I, so I may find myself cherry-picking for Boes IV. OTOH, Bones III had some truly amazing things that I didn't know I needed, so maybe I won't...

2 people like this

Why would you go down that terrible road?

4 people like this

You have my condolences.
2 people like this

Sadly, I don't have to work that number out. It glares at me each time I open up my budget program. I've reached two paycheck territory in "debt" (to myself) that I'd really like to zero out before the next KS. Not going to happen, but I could always get a magical income at some point. That has happened before (either a bonus paycheck as an award, or gifts from family), but not regularly enough to count on it.
3 people like this

You have my condolences.

Seriously... I generally know what I spent, but only generally.

2 people like this

well ... looking at the cobra in the Reaper Con pictures ... they are doing "larger than life-size", too ...

That's not going to be a Reaper product.  There will be a KS for it though.

Ok so I'm confused....The cobra la thing is going to be in CONAN: RISE OF MONSTERS.  Ok...Its going to get its own kickstarter.  OK

​who is making cobra la?  Who is in charge of distribution and such.  Is it Reaper or a different company?  Or is Cobra La going to be available in the reaper KS as well

​+2 nerd points if you get the Cobra La reference...

Fixed that for you.

The model will be made by Reaper and shipped to the folks making Conan: Rise of Monsters aka CROM to be included in that game. CROM is a different game than Rise of Conan. I spoke with the makers of CROM at ReaperCon and the Reaper made minis will be available as add-ons for the CROM KS.

I did not hear anything at ReaperCon or from ReaperBryan about the CROM minis being a part of Bones IV. So I'd say for right now don't count on them being in Bones IV until an official ReaperPeep says. It will be possible to pledge at the $1 level on the CROM KS and get them as add-ons according to the folks running that KS.

Pulpasaurus Games is the company that will be running Conan: Rise of Monsters (CROM). They ran demos of the game, including some samples of the product prototypes at ReaperCon.

The snake and elephant deities are planned to be purchasable add-ons for that campaign, and it is currently my understanding that it would be possible to back the project and just receive those models. 

I have no data at this time about Reaper having any kind of permission to include these models in Bones IV, But that would be odd anyway, since Pulpasaurus' project will fund the molds and production of these product, so it would not be necessary to Reaper to raise funds for either the mold or production.

8 people like this

well ... looking at the cobra in the Reaper Con pictures ... they are doing "larger than life-size", too ...

That's not going to be a Reaper product.  There will be a KS for it though.

Ok so I'm confused....The cobra la thing is going to be in CONAN: RISE OF MONSTERS.  Ok...Its going to get its own kickstarter.  OK

​who is making cobra la?  Who is in charge of distribution and such.  Is it Reaper or a different company?  Or is Cobra La going to be available in the reaper KS as well

​+2 nerd points if you get the Cobra La reference...

Fixed that for you.

The model will be made by Reaper and shipped to the folks making Conan: Rise of Monsters aka CROM to be included in that game. CROM is a different game than Rise of Conan. I spoke with the makers of CROM at ReaperCon and the Reaper made minis will be available as add-ons for the CROM KS.

I did not hear anything at ReaperCon or from ReaperBryan about the CROM minis being a part of Bones IV. So I'd say for right now don't count on them being in Bones IV until an official ReaperPeep says. It will be possible to pledge at the $1 level on the CROM KS and get them as add-ons according to the folks running that KS.

Pulpasaurus Games is the company that will be running Conan: Rise of Monsters (CROM). They ran demos of the game, including some samples of the product prototypes at ReaperCon.

The snake and elephant deities are planned to be purchasable add-ons for that campaign, and it is currently my understanding that it would be possible to back the project and just receive those models. 

I have no data at this time about Reaper having any kind of permission to include these models in Bones IV, But that would be odd anyway, since Pulpasaurus' project will fund the molds and production of these product, so it would not be necessary to Reaper to raise funds for either the mold or production.

Were the multi-part soldiers for CROM as well, or are they Reaper's?

I tend to figure out what I can afford, and then stick to it.  Until the pledge manager come in.  Then I add as I can afford.

3 people like this

First rule of pledge club is...

​We dont talk about how much we spend...

17 people like this