Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark Horse

Halflings

5 posts in this topic

Just finished entering the Pirates and Halflings into the database of the new unofficial Army Creator, and ran into a question concerning the halfling datacards... There appears to be 3 variations for the model 03264 (Roderick Ambermead & Dragon) the first one being a "Sky Guard" with the other two being alternates.

The Question is: should the alternates be included in the new Army Creator (maybe tagged with "alternate" or "unofficial" on the datacards? or should they be ignored all-together at this point?

PS: I realize the faction is a beta, but some of the testers wanted to see it included in the tool, and I really see no reason it should not be.

PPS: I did include ALL 6 of the equipment items published in the beta as I figured they can always be deleted later if necessary, plus I could not bring myself to ditch any of them, especially second breakfast - they were all too cool and frankly there is no reason halflings shouldn't get an extra item or two (imho). ::D:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'd include the variant Roderick, but ag them as alternates.

I'm building a halfling army as well and REALLY want to use Rodetick as the Warlord!

And maybe Sky Guard . . . 

And maybe as an Elite . . . 

Edited by Maredudd
1 person likes this

So using your army builder Dark Horse I built a Halfling army and ran it against Humansquish and David in a 3 front battle.  

Sir Roderic {Warlord)

+Mithril shirt

Brave Sir Roddy & Glitter

+Magic Weapon

Olivia

+Familiar

4x Sky Guard

6x Halfling Skirmisher

Troop 2 

Storm elemental

Battle Totem

Luck stone

It was a pretty thorough butt kicking for my opponents.  They weakened each other pretty bad but that is a lot of first strike and I used it to first kill some archers then kill a couple of elites from Dark Reach.  While this was going down the Storm elemental was wrecking a Bloodstone force that had taken some lumps from the Dragon Dark reach have.  Seriously it took 1 point of damage and did nearly 300 points of straight up kills many of them from chain lightening.  We think the Dodge /1 is just too much on the model. I may try it again sometime but have my friends plan for it and see if it is a problem even then.  The Roddies actually were not too bad even though first strike on anything is a bit much but they move too fast and we will pull the flying speed down a bit.

Other than that there is not much to the halflings though.  Pretty lackluster over all definatly an unfinished faction.  We will have to test more.

1 person likes this

Awesome!! Thanks for the report!

I like Roderick and Glitter . . . Wish they were in bones . . . 

19 hours ago, Maredudd said:

Awesome!! Thanks for the report!

I like Roderick and Glitter . . . Wish they were in bones . . . 

Most welcome to it and I like them as well.  In fact we thought they were all about the most unique part of the faction other than the army wrecking Elemental that is.

1.  We would like more units that are distinct to the faction like cavalry units like pony or dog mounted Halflings.

2. Also this faction has a very low average MAV, RAV, and DV average. 

3.The Goliath guard figure is one of the easiest to kill units in the game, its DV of 7 means that even a 1 RAV or MAV will hit 50% of the time.  A 1 attack should never have an even chance to hit, this figure also has only 1 track.  I can honestly say this will never be used in combat.  Ever.  In fact in MAV Halflings are the lowest in every category except to Tembrithil that has 3 casters, and one ranged elite, two of which have DR/1.

4.There is one unit that has a 13 DV for the faction.  3 other units if you include the alternate Roddy Warlord and Elite have a 12 DV, 2 more units including the other warlord and the most expensive soldier model have an 11 DV.  Everything else is lower, some by a lot.  In fact in category Halflings are either last or second to last.

5. The one uptake is they are the least expensive faction in the game.  But they also do not have a lot of very good units either so maybe more of a wash.