Sign in to follow this  
Dark Horse

Icingstead Musician & Standard Bearer Proxies

Anyone have any proxy suggestions for the Musician and/or Standard Bearer for the Icingstead faction?

I found 02271 - Bruce O'Hugh (highland bagpiper looking figure) to possibly use as a Barbarian Musician, but haven't found anything else to use as proxies for the desired pieces.

Thanks!! ::D:

10 minutes ago, SirArthurIV said:

Unfortunately One might have to model or greenstuff a banner or drum.

Well, as much as I dispise bagpipes, sone people do classify bagpipists(?) as musicians . . . 

9 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

This one could easily be transformed into a banner bearer.

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Icingstead/sku-down/14647

Well.... since the White Witch is likely to be in a given army, I was thinking something a bit different, but most of the barbarians that I could find were not wearing furs that would be indicative of a cold climate.

.... then I found this:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/barbarian human/sku-down/02183

...though I'm not quite sure how it would look, and I was actually looking for a male barbarian.

Edited by Dark Horse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Humansquish said:

Thats a nice figure. I would get 77313 and put a thread bobbin in his hand for a drum.

I can certainly see that being a sweet conversion to a musician for this faction ::):

...now if only we could get a matching standard bearer.

(...am I really that hard to please? lol )

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Saul
      this model whooped me a little and i rushed it off my bench to meet a game deadline on another model, but i couldn't find a painted version of this mini so ... bon appetit!

• By Patrik Strom
      I've been hitting a slump in my painting that's been keeping me from these forums for quite a while. I'm trying to regain my rythm and getting some pieces done. This is one of them:

Gorak the Ravanger from the Warlords Miniature Lines. He was supposed to be a stand in for my current monk character in a DnD5 game, although I'm having second thoughts. Still love the miniature though. Seems quite angry :)

• By igelkott
      So I've recently been getting involved in Heroscape which is a game which the company killed 5 years ago but has a thriving after market community ( heroscapers.com ). Since it was very popular and it's out of print the game minis are selling on Ebay. Many of them are reasonably priced but many are pretty outrageous. So proxies are generally widely accepted.

But I began noticing some similarities between the Reaper Bones offerings and some of the Heroscape stuff. For example Zelrig is a Heroscape dragon that is now on ebay in the $80 range.
      Zelrig:

Who looks remarkably similar to 77109: Fire Dragon:

Here are the Heroscape DzuTeh (currently around $25 for the squad on ebay):

And conveniently, in Reaper KS 3 here's the chill out set:

In Heroscape there are the Knights of Weston (also around $25 for a squad on ebay):

And here in KS3 again there are the crusaders:

well, the crusaders are 12th century and the knights of west are closer to 15th or 16th century, but close enough....

And there are others.....

Coincidence? IDK, but it's cool that reaper is making these available so cheaply and we can take advantage of them. Also, they are certainly much better quality molds than the original heroscape minis.

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else might be interested.
    • By seej
      My Icingstead army for Warlord requires two Ice Trolls. For the first one, I used the 03407 Hellborn Troll, sculpted by Ben Siens, as recommended. I also used the awesome paintjob by Michael Genet as inspiration.

The Gargoyle Leader, also sculpted by Ben Siens, has a similar pose to the Hellborn Troll. I sculpted a scaly back to conceal the wing insertion tabs, and to help match the style of his larger buddy. To make up for some of the size difference, I put him on a large rock.

Here they are together. The Hellborn Troll with his mini me.

• By Metalchaos
      Never two without three, here's my 14574, Yeti Shaman.
      It was also sculpted by Jason Wiebe.

• Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)