Sirithiliel

T'Raukzul - Lava Dragon

43 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:39 PM, Sirithiliel said:

Base coated in a light orangey yellow

Cypheros1.jpg

Did you brush on reaper paint or did you use primer?

4 people like this

I brush on Reaper Paint

4 people like this

Nice paint job so far.  I just got my box in yesterday and opened today.  Though I did not order every dragon in KS3, I knew when I seen T'Raukzul, I had to get him because I seen photos of the metal version before and he was pretty big.  I was so surprised when I seen how large he was in person, I thought he was Ma'al at first.  If a person is at all familiar with D&D/Pathfinder, it is know that the Red dragon is typically known as the largest of the evil dragons and that is what big T is modelled after.  Also in D&D lore, the evil dragon goddess is a 5 headed dragon but with the body of a Red dragon and from what I gather, only slightly larger than the largest of Red dragons.  So in size comparison, it matches up about right with Ma'al.  I think some people are also liking T'Raukzul more so than Ma'al because it is much more common to see a Red dragon over a dragon god in a table top rpg.  Cant wait to see your finished dragon.

2 people like this

Ooh, looking forward to this! 

Another lave dragon from Siri. Wishes really do come true! ( ◕ヮ◕)/\(◕ヮ◕ )  High five!

1 person likes this

working on him a bit more, his upraised wing has drastically drooped. Not sure if it's from when i was without A/C or if it's just the weight of the wing itself

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

working on him a bit more, his upraised wing has drastically drooped. Not sure if it's from when i was without A/C or if it's just the weight of the wing itself

Can you pin it with a wire?

it's the upper arm that's drooping, the farthest 'finger' of the wing from the body. Not sure it's worth it, he just looks like he's curving his wing over rather than having it stick straight up, so i think it's okay. as long as it doesn't go down any further

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Can you pin it with a wire?

Can you dip it in a fire?

Can you convert it so that it is playing a Lyre?

/Seuss

(Sorry.)

:poke:

1 person likes this

Trying to work out how I want the black ratio to be

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

17 people like this

Looks awesome, I do feel the wings need more black though

They're going to, i'm not done yet. Just thought i'd put up some progress pics of the body, where i'm focusing most of my attention right now

2 people like this

Wow.  He sure sure looks swell!  The contrast between the black and the yellow just screams at you.  Looking forward to seeing work progress.

The Egg