SparrowMarie

Sparrow paints some Frost Giants (Bones 3)

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

The suggestion of black hair looks good on her.  How about black?

I think that's what I'll do, that or a very dark brown. Thanks!

• Like 2

Great job all around! Glad to finally see a picture of the king, the KS never updated with an actual picture so I have been wondering, especially since I've been on a giant kick lately! (painted 1 fire, 2 hills, 2 storm & anxiously awaiting the 4 frost from this KS, though I'm a bit upset I didn't add the jailor).

Question, (and I'll be that guy, because I can't have been the only one to see it) on the king, what's the thing hanging down behind him? From the angle, it looks.. like it should be censored... 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Monkeywizard said:

Great job all around! Glad to finally see a picture of the king, the KS never updated with an actual picture so I have been wondering, especially since I've been on a giant kick lately! (painted 1 fire, 2 hills, 2 storm & anxiously awaiting the 4 frost from this KS, though I'm a bit upset I didn't add the jailor).

Question, (and I'll be that guy, because I can't have been the only one to see it) on the king, what's the thing hanging down behind him? From the angle, it looks.. like it should be censored... 

Lol, I had to go back and see what you were talking about. It is the sheath to his sword, that really is a bad angle.

• Like 3

But back on a serious note, For the hair color, I just thought about possibly using my "shining mithril" for hair... I'm checking it out now on a test piece of plastic to see how it looks. It's still basically white, but it has a different shine to it.. Waiting for it to dry & to re-coat, and I'll post a picture.. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Monkeywizard said:

But back on a serious note, For the hair color, I just thought about possibly using my "shining mithril" for hair... I'm checking it out now on a test piece of plastic to see how it looks. It's still basically white, but it has a different shine to it.. Waiting for it to dry & to re-coat, and I'll post a picture.. 

Definitely post a picture, I'd love to see it, I don't have the shining mithril yet. I decided on going black with blue highlights, I'll post some more pictures in a bit.

• Like 2

Here is shining mithril (09454). not great pictures (could have done another coat or three on the plastic, or waited longer for it to dry between coats). But here ya go. you can see glitter-like shining in spots.. and a few bubbles, but I took 2 pics, one with & one without the flash, just for better information. 

20170530_151522.jpg

20170530_151535.jpg

• Like 1

Very pretty, might have to pick some up soon.

Her hair is done.

PhotoGrid_1496172263828.thumb.png.f4b3c599121ea09491de8405aab7ba75.png

ETA: The blue in her hair is different than her skin, I think I just had my lamp too close to the mini.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 12

After I took the picture I realized I've got a few places to touch up. I'll do that once I finish them all so I can go back and touch up things that are the same color at once. I also forgot to paint her base. Next up is the frost giant king, will hopefully get started on him tomorrow and finish him up by the weekend. It took me about a day and a half to do the queen so I'm hoping to keep that pace even though he's slightly bigger. 

I'm also painting Goremaw while I do these. It's almost done, just needs some detail work and paint up the base.

• Like 3

It's looking fantastic! I'd love to see some close-ups of some areas (waist-chest, left wrist, face & back-neck) if possible. 

Have you already washed, or finishing with touch-ups first? 

Side note: I went ahead and did mithril for the hair of mine, i put it in the thread for the figure  (can't remember her name though, however I can pm you a picture... I think I can at least)

• Like 1

I've slowly been working on the frost giant king.

14966091340271391801570.thumb.jpg.ad8458a8db2c1abafc78dfe6ec07b965.jpg

On 6/1/2017 at 3:13 AM, Monkeywizard said:

It's looking fantastic! I'd love to see some close-ups of some areas (waist-chest, left wrist, face & back-neck) if possible. 

Have you already washed, or finishing with touch-ups first? 

Side note: I went ahead and did mithril for the hair of mine, i put it in the thread for the figure  (can't remember her name though, however I can pm you a picture... I think I can at least)

I can go back and do some close ups soon. I haven't washed anything and still have a couple of small touch ups left. I'm currently trying to get them up to table top since I need them all done by the 24th.

• Like 5