Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdorf

Dreadball Goals

4 posts in this topic

I have been working on a pair of goals for my Dreadball Extreme game.  I have them pretty close to done, but I am debating on adding color to the hoses hanging off the back of the goal.  There is a part of me that wants to just leave them the way they are.  On the other hand, I feel that adding some color to the hoses will help with the overall look. The other question that I have is if I do add color, what color should I add?  Please share your thoughts as I could use a second opinion on these.  Thanks.

Goal+1.JPGGoal+2.JPG

Goal+3.JPGGoal+4.JPG

5 people like this

Looks interesting..   Maybe make the hoses metallic with one in the silver family and the other in the bronze/copper.  You can always apply a dark wash to dirty them up.

nice clean 'paint job, maybe purple for the yellow one and red for the blue one?

Thanks for the ideas.  I am going to keep pondering them a little bit more.  I like the idea of a different metallic color.  hmmm...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Generic Fighter
      Once again, what are your goals this month? Mine are...

--Finish my GenCon 50 DDM Prize Support!
      --Progress on the Maxs Minions Minis.

GF
    • By cdorf
      In February, I started work on painting up my next Dreadball Team.  This time it was the Kalyashi team from Dreadball Extreme and the Warden.  They turned out pretty well.  These models were rough.  Most were missing ears one was missing an eye.  (Hence the one having an eye patch.)  A lot of the armor details did not carry over from one side of the model to the other.  This was especially true on the legs.  You would start painting a piece of armor only to find that it disappeared on the other side.  Overall it made it really frustrating to work on and I found myself just trying to get a decent tabletop quality.  I tried the best that I could to make them look manageable.  Not my best work.   I will say that with all of my experience with Mantic, these models are a rare bad batch and not indicative of the quality that I normally see from them. Group Shot Injured Player Injured Player Jack Jack Striker Striker Warden  
    • By Darkmeer
      So, being April Fool's Day, the Fish of April, as it is, I am starting this thread.

I did not complete ALL my goals last month, but I'm well on my way to completing quite a bit this month.  I'll leave it at that for now, as I do not wish to jinx myself.  My goal, as always, will be to finish three figures, and everything over that is bonus. 

On the table are roughly 47 figures between mushroom people, Anhurians, and Chaos Dwarfs.  I have some work to get done...
    • By Maledrakh
      A kickstarter exclusive from the Kings of War 2 KS. I painted this mini for the Reaper forums bimonthly resolutionary painting challenge first bonus challenge, which is simply to paint a mini in a jumping/springing pose.

This is a rendition of Ronnie Renton the owner/ leader/ director of Mantic Games as Ronaldo the Bard. And something of an in-joke at Mantic it would seem.
      I
      need to complain a bit about Mantic's metal alloy. It is too soft. This mini snapped in two different places. One was the feather in the cap, which I had to glue back slightly differently than it originally was; and the other was the right foot, which snapped clean off the first time I tried to dry fit the mini in a slotted base. Which explains why the ankle is a bit lumpy now.

Add to this that the miniscule truscale Mantic uses makes most details really small...argh. It does look much better IRL when not massively magnified.

And I used Blackadder the First's "Earl of Doncaster" outfit as an inspiration. I did paint the britches in colour and not in black, to give the mini more of a festive air.

Ronaldo the Bard
      Kings of War 2 kickstarter exclusive mini
      Mantic Games
      Metal
      30mm base

• Who's Online   55 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)