Sign in to follow this  
cdorf

Dreadball Goals

I have been working on a pair of goals for my Dreadball Extreme game.  I have them pretty close to done, but I am debating on adding color to the hoses hanging off the back of the goal.  There is a part of me that wants to just leave them the way they are.  On the other hand, I feel that adding some color to the hoses will help with the overall look. The other question that I have is if I do add color, what color should I add?  Please share your thoughts as I could use a second opinion on these.  Thanks.

Goal+1.JPGGoal+2.JPG

Goal+3.JPGGoal+4.JPG

• Like 5

Looks interesting..   Maybe make the hoses metallic with one in the silver family and the other in the bronze/copper.  You can always apply a dark wash to dirty them up.

Thanks for the ideas.  I am going to keep pondering them a little bit more.  I like the idea of a different metallic color.  hmmm...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      I've got tons of goals for this month. What do you have planned?

For me I have to finish these by the 23rd:
      Amiri, Iconic Barbarian Tiik Champion Battleguard Golem Nolzur's Griffon  
      This shouldn't be a big issue as I've already started on the griffon and the other ones are prepped and ready to go. On top of these I /still/ want to pick up the fire giants and then I'm going to start Cthulhu.
    • By Maledrakh
      The Plague affects not only humans, but most animals and many alien sentient races.
      Such as the hitech DinoTurtle-like Teraton.
      The Teraton females are significantly larger than the males, and when infected by the Plague, she grows partially into and partially busting out of her armour, while remaining more or less her normal size.
      These 2nd generation Teratons retain most of their intelligence and function as leaders on the field of battle. I like to call them Terrortons.

Because they are terrifying and weigh a ton!

While at the same time being well ‘ard and quite imposing on the battlefield. They are about the same size as a 1st gen, but not quite as powerful. They are good as secondary leaders and can provide some hard muscle in smaller games where the 1st gen is too costly to bring.

The Terrorton is made in restic and I have mounted it on a 50mm base, like the 1st gen.

Plague Teraton
      for the Plague faction, Warpath and Deadzone games.
      by Mantic Entertainmant
      made in restic PVC
      50mm base
    • By Maledrakh
      The imposing 1st generation plague victim. What happens is that the first person to get infected by the Plague in a given cycle, turns into a horrendous monstrosity, growing several metres in height and width, it’s new massively muscled frame covered in a bio-organic spiky exoarmour. In it’s new form it is extremely intelligent and powerful individual that sets out find others to infect. These new victims turn into the 2nd generations, each much smaller than the 1st gen, but still ogre-sized. These again infect the 3rd gens that we have seen. The 1st and 2nd gens do not use technology or weapons, relying on their rock hard exoarmour and brutally strong claws to do the dirty work.
      I found that for some reason, I had started but not finished painting my 1st gens.
      Two complete repaints later:

The one to the left is the restic standard 1st gen model. The one to the right is a resin kickstarter exclusive freebie for those who spent an obscene amount of cash on the first KS. (of which I remain guilty as charged…)
      One of the resin mini’s fingers had broken off during storage. That’s what happens when it is put loose in a box with other minis, and that box is part of an avalanche in the Mountains of Minis. (At that point I might have said a bad word.)
      I managed to make a new finger by carefully applying some plastic putty in several stages. Can you see which it is?

The resin one is slightly larger than the restic one. I believe the restic shrinks a bit more during casting.

They are painted much the same way as the other plague models I recently have painted:
      Reddish-Brown basecoats, several careful drybrushes with shades of beige and skin, globbing on a generous wash with citadel druuchi violet ink and some carroburg crimson ink in places while the violet is still wet. Two thin coats, pah! Glob it on I say! take care to not let it puddle too much though.
      When dry, drybrush again with several skintones. Some more carroburg crimson here and there for muscle-effect.
      Dot in the eyes and teeth in white over black. red for the tongues.

I mounted them on 50mm lipped round bases I had lying about. Looks much better than the 40mm flats they came supplied with.

Plague 1st generations
      for Deadzone and Warpath.
      by Mantic Entertainment

• By Lidless Eye
      While not really themed, all these minis were left over from my other projects.  I think they'll all find a home in "Tesrora, the City That Can't Be Tamed", the fantasy ganglands campaign I'm working on for this year.

Ametrine Earthlyte, Dwarf Alchemist.  A recent Reaper 25th Anniversary miniature.

A rude Dwarf Thug.  I started on him to go with RPE's "Dwarf Veterans Warband" as a thug.

Converted from the Avatars of War Berserkers, Mantic Dwarf Bear-thing riders, and an old Mordheim club.

I realize I couldn't directly post most of the shots of the Orc Matron per forum rules, so linked to my FB shots instead.

NSFW for mild nudity:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048547585636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048547645636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

Her brats:

And a family photo (again NSFW)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155048548070636&set=a.10155048532455636.1073742008.611515635&type=3&theater

• By Darsc Zacal
      Coming in April and based on the comics, not any past or upcoming movies.
      The Hellboy board game will be a co-operative experience in which players face off against some of the comic’s most famous foes. Up to four people take control of iconic BRPD members, such as Hellboy, Abe Sapien and Roger the Homunculus, before exploring gothic locations and uncovering ancient artifacts.
      Set to make its Kickstarter debut in April 2018, the Hellboy board game will feature stunning, pre-assembled plastic miniatures that accurately capture the look and feel of Mike Mignola’s world famous comic series.
      “Hellboy has a great cast of characters, diverse locations and legendary monsters from the pages of folklore and myth,” said Ronnie Renton, Mantic CEO. “The comics provide a fantastic foundation on which to build an immersive, fun and fast-paced co-operative board game that will let players experience some of their favorite moments from the series.”

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)