Darius Glenwell

Frostgrave Warband Using Dark Sword Miniatures

Those all look awesome!

Were those the bases that came with the mini's?

Nice job on the shading, I really like the blue to purple fade, and the wolf pelt too!

• Like 3

Very nice work, kinda inspiring to me.

Are these done with Reaper paints, or another brand? Some of your colors are absolutely perfect. Like the midtone brown on the first mini's cape, or the green on the fifth mini's cape. Very curious what sorts of brands/colors you've used.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jaryth000 said:

Very nice work, kinda inspiring to me.

Are these done with Reaper paints, or another brand? Some of your colors are absolutely perfect. Like the midtone brown on the first mini's cape, or the green on the fifth mini's cape. Very curious what sorts of brands/colors you've used.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. 

As for paints. I use a variety of them. I've got Reaper, GW, Vallejo, Army Painter, and my old stand by, Delta Ceramcoat. :D 

Batch #2 I'll be posting in a few weeks! 

12 hours ago, Lucian523 said:

Those all look awesome!

Were those the bases that came with the mini's?

Nice job on the shading, I really like the blue to purple fade, and the wolf pelt too!

All the bases were either integral to the mini, or needed to be glued on. But all of them came with the figures. I painted them using Reaper Redstone Triad and a wash of Agrax Earthshade.

Great work with all the color blending. All the figures came out great. I'll get around to making my own warband......some day ::(:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Disemboweler said:

Great work with all the color blending. All the figures came out great. I'll get around to making my own warband......some day ::(:

You'll do it! I just get lucky enough to paint them for people. I mostly play RPGs, and not skirmish games. So a lot of my work is for clients, some friend's characters, and my own figures (mostly monsters to beat up poor little PCs LOL)

I need that lady in red... :blink:

Great job on the whole batch. Everyone looks like they fit together!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 4:45 PM, Mehman said:

I need that lady in red... :blink:

Great job on the whole batch. Everyone looks like they fit together!

The lady in red was a lot of fun to paint. Great face, and pose. 

Trying to keep them all matching base wise. The client is coming up with the color schemes. :D 

• Like 1