Generic Fighter

June 2017 Hobby Goals of DOOM!

72 posts in this topic

Well, another month and another set of goal I might keep.

* Finish Zombicide (Season 1) Runners & Abomonation

* Paint every day

That about cover's it.  Good luck to everyone and their goals.

4 people like this

I will be on vacation and away from the studio for the first two weeks of June, so my plan for June are small.

1)  Finish RPChallenge goal

2)  Work on ReaperCon entries.

5 people like this

Here is my new goal of DOOM: 

paint 3 bones2 figures a month until I finish the set.  Painting only B2 minis I would be done in 1 year, 

doing a few each month means it will take ~2  years, but ill probably pick up the pace at the end. 

6 people like this

On 5/31/2017 at 9:20 PM, Generic Fighter said:

So, I like being the one to start these things, so getting it out early! My goals for the month...

--Finish either of my Huge D&D Minis for GenCon, The Trihorn Behemoth or Fire Giantess with Hammer.

--Make more progress on the Mini-Minions for the Max's Minions Podcast.

--Finish up the Half-Orc Monk from Stonehaven.

--Enjoy the Bones III when they arrive!

So, What are YOU going to do this Month???

GF

WOW. Finished 2 of Dawg's Dogs during the night and started a couple of the other Mini-Minions to boot!

GF

3 people like this

Just received authorization to pre-order the 8th ed. 40k starter box and indexes, so I'm going to have to pick up the pace.

5 people like this

I want to try to clear out some half painted ones on the work bench of shame, so that I have space to paint Mal'drakkar (before I chicken out).  But this plan is not being helped by other bones 3 minis telling me to paint them now instead...

3 people like this

Suffering from the same problem. I have a handful of half painted minis on the table but new ones are calling me. The roman cavalry ran away in retreat unfinished while their hero is putting up a good fight to not leave the table without paint. I actually painted today and achieved my June goal. One mini finished. Kind of cheated as all I did was a few minutes on a goblin shaman's base and glued on some plants. 3 more getting a bit of work. Spent some time sorting and organising my minis into rough groups and priorities. The "to paint soon" pile went from 20 minis to 20 minis..

6 people like this

The Boyz now have their Warboss.  'Ere we go!

5 people like this

And two more boyz assembled while watching Netflix.  I really need to get one of those mold line trimmers.  Especially before that starter box arrives.

6 people like this

One thing I forgot about before buying Orks was how much I despise trimming mold lines.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's getting a bit late to choose a goal for the month, but I already have one started:  Khanjira!

I don't know if I'll be able to finish one or both copies that I have by the end of the month, but definitely intend to have both of them done by the end of July.  After all, I need to leave a little time to finish my "Paint your Dragon" entry this summer!

(8)

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
7 people like this

No progress last night, but I didn't assemble another Ork on Tuesday night. Will try to knock out three tonight.

4 people like this

After finally logging onto the Hangouts for the first time in months, I have two goals:

1) Start a mini (success!) Currently a halfling apprentice from the Stonehaven KS.

2) Finish a mini (in progress)

5 people like this

Finished assembly on the last three standard Boyz.  Two Boyz with Big Shootas and five Nobz left.

Progress shot:

20170608_233332.jpg

7 people like this

The two Big Shootas and one Nob done. Four figures left from this kit, then the painting begins.  However, I have a college class starting on Monday too, so things may slow down.

4 people like this