Finished up the remaining models, so for the first time in a very long time I've accomplished one of my goals for the month.  I will need to do some gap filling on the Deff Kopta before I prime it.  I will focus on the marines first since I can use them with the models in the new starter box that will soon be here.  Time to get my tabletop painting chops back up to speed.

• Like 6

On May 31, 2017 at 11:29 PM, InvisibleThumb said:

-prepare the birthday party adventure.  Should be easy enough.  May lead to the need to paint more monsters for encounters.

It's check in time.  I managed to paint the rest of the frostgrave warband and put it to good use yesterday.  I'll have to put up some pics when my photo set up is back to normal.

Also finished the pc minis for the party.  The birthday digit helped out with a couple and we ended up with two extra painted (and statted) characters.  I also did an oxidation beast (rust monster) since I had to put the fear into the players early.

orepping the adventure was a lot more work than I'd bargained for.  But I do tend to over-prepare my adventures.

On May 31, 2017 at 11:29 PM, InvisibleThumb said:

Then for thre rest of the month:

-paint a dragon

-paint some terrain (hopefully dwarven forge castles arrive this month - if not then bones fences are on the agenda)

-make a stable base for Khanjira.

-paint a Father's Day present mini.

That is probably enough for June.  

Started converting the Father's Day mini last night.  Decided I'd do a few of the graveyard expansion terrain pieces before the fences since I may need to put together some catacombs soon.  Also decided I need to make a couple "fog walls" for frostgrave.  Either will meet the goal of terrain making for the month.

• Like 5

On 5/31/2017 at 7:04 PM, SparrowMarie said:

I have a lot to do this month. 

• Goremaw
  • 3 Frost Giants
  • 4 Fire Giants
  • And 4 PC minis

I'm already about half-way done with Goremaw though so it's really just the giants that are going to take up most of my time.

Goremaw is done. I've also finished a Medusa that got added in last minute. I'm still chipping away at the giants. 2 of the Frost Giants are done, I should be finishing up the other 2 today and start up on the Fire Giants.

• Like 4

On 5/31/2017 at 9:29 PM, Mehman said:

Right then, new month, new goals. I can't say anything about last month so let's see what I can plan and then inevitably not finish in June.

• Assemble and get some paint on a new Dark Eldar army for my FLGS' Escalation League. I'm champing at the bit with this one but I have to build some stuff first before paint gets applied. Anyway, the League starts on the 17th so I've got time.
  • Unload and rebuild the hobby room.

I assume it's time to report on this month's progress. Well, not much has been done. I can't unload or rebuild the hobby room as my wife won't bring in the boxes of model... boxes. She keeps saying she'll do it but nothing has appeared yet. I would do it myself but lifting things isn't really my thing anymore. Maybe my sister will carry them in for me.

The first goal isn't looking good, either.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, InvisibleThumb said:

orepping the adventure was a lot more work than I'd bargained for.  But I do tend to over-prepare my adventures.

And inevitably the ungrateful players run off on some self invented quest to help an NPC you threw in as filler. 

• Like 8

First base coat color down for the test model. Going with the Crimson Fists.  I'm not sure I like the new position of my painting table. It's right under the vent and I'm probably going to be spending more time dusting figures than painting them. That and I need a new lamp.

• Like 4

I finished three figures last night.  This was my goal for both May and June, so huzzah.

• Like 6

I've finished 2 minis and have 2 more nearly done. That's more than I thought I'd get done in June. I'm chugging away at finishing my half painted minis and only getting slightly distracted by new ones.

• Like 5

I finished all the Frost Giants aside from a couple of touch ups. As I stated earlier I finished Goremaw. I've primed the Fire Giants but have yet to start on them. Hoping to do that today if I get some time. Also found out recently that Shadows of Brimstone is finally shipping Wave 2 Minecart pledges. We're still waiting for our tracking number but I anticipate them to be here no later than the middle of next month. So I need to start planning for that along with my many 20 minis on the to-do list.

• Like 3

IMG_2198.thumb.JPG.81608d585e07c7151a65eceba4bd2b5b.JPGI have been working on my next unit of goblins from the Ral Partha Chaos Wars Kickstarter; knocked out goblins 5-8 (of 12) at lunch today...

• Like 7

On 5/31/2017 at 10:57 PM, David Brawley said:

June goals:

Clear off some of the shelf of shame. Specifically these minis:IMG_20170523_215021.thumb.jpg.53b396ebe29940171b0ce7bb0480648d.jpg

Elf wizards x2

1/2 orc commander

Elf ranger

I also should find the Roman and finish him off. 

Also want to do the hangout minis of this and last month._20170531_212048.thumb.JPG.39152c3e0fc591dcc3945eacc0ec3a77.JPG

Then I'm gonna pick something from Bones 3

1/2 orc finished

Elf ranger finished

Gnoll and orc in progress (plus bonus gnoll warrior)

Elf wizards in progress

Werebat from Bones 3 about 75% done

Haven't dug out Roman centurion yet.

Decent progress!!

• Like 5

I've been avoiding the hobby goals for a while because every time I do post a goal, something invariably happens to derail me. 

So tempting fate:

Finish Bonehenge

Finish the Bones 3 Chapel

• Like 5

I'm the same way. I almost never meet any goals I set for hobby stuff on time because it's the last thing on my list and I need to have time, energy and the right mood for it to work. I set the goal of doing anything this month and the last couple of days have been my most productive in a very long time. It ain't gonna last though. ::(:

• Like 3

Tonight I clean my table so I can set up the new lamp.  This also serves as clearing out the space to actually do some work.

After I do laundry.

• Like 6