Generic Fighter

June 2017 Hobby Goals of DOOM!

72 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Tonight I clean my table so I can set up the new lamp.  This also serves as clearing out the space to actually do some work.

After I do laundry.

I've been saying that I need to finish cleaning my table for the last couple of months.

I still need to.  Though I have company (my in-laws) coming over tomorrow so the need is greater.  Just not greater than cleaning the rest of the house.

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I've been saying that I need to finish cleaning my table for the last couple of months.

I still need to.  Though I have company (my in-laws) coming over tomorrow so the need is greater.  Just not greater than cleaning the rest of the house.

That's pretty much what happened to me. Had family visit a few weeks ago and the imperative was on getting the rest of the house presentable as well as cleaning/reorganizing my workshop/gaming/painting/gym/storage/dog feeding/brewing/extra food storage area.  So the paint table was literally picked up and moved to it's new location with everything still on top of it.

3 people like this

Paint table cleaned off enough to set up the new lamp and clear some work space. Tried out the new files on different materials. Great on metal and styrene, passable on vinyl. No actual painting though. 

6 people like this

Trooper Smik has been base coated.  He'll get washed and highlighted tomorrow.

4 people like this

Got an orc shaman and a unicorn done for my all-Iron Wind Metals Chaos Wars group...

6 people like this

Played another game, with the 10 yr old boy this time, and finished assembly on three of the Primaris Intercessors.  Still need to finish Smik.  Either way I figure I'm doing pretty well this month.

4 people like this

I've finished the Frost Giants and am onto the Fire Giants, one of which is almost finished. I need to finish 2 more by the end of the week which I'm fairly confident, if my motivation continues, will get done.

3 people like this

On 6/14/2017 at 5:34 AM, Pingo said:

I finished three figures last night.  This was my goal for both May and June, so huzzah.

I finished seven more yesterday, which makes ten this week, ten this month, and, uh, ten this year.

Progress!

8 people like this

Finished my Zombicide S1 runners.  That now leaves me the abomination and last 2 survivors to finish up the core Season 1 set,

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was worried that I was failing my goal of painting 3 figures from bones2 core each month, on the first month I was trying it. 

I was gone a week already, and am leaving on another trip in the last few days of the month, total painted 0 

so I painted up 2 and primed a 3rd over yesterday and today.  progress!  only (20) left before I finish the core. 

its not like I wasn't painting - also finished converting a yeti to a Jedi, and painted the hippo king - plus I have a KoD guy that I should get back to. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
4 people like this

Assembled the first Intercessor squad and Primaris Ancient.  Pictured with an older brother from the 3d edition starter box.

20170620_233035.thumb.jpg.152728d2dea2bab6ef2e7172f2537eb4.jpg

6 people like this

Assembled one of the Lieutenants last night.

You know, eventually I'm going to have to start painting these things...

4 people like this

Umm.. been in a bit of a slump. So just try to finish 1 thing. 

5 people like this

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I've been avoiding the hobby goals for a while because every time I do post a goal, something invariably happens to derail me. 

So tempting fate:

Finish Bonehenge

Finish the Bones 3 Chapel

Self-fulfilling prophecy: haven't had either the time nor motivation to work on anything.  This weekend is jam packed with food prep for Sunday, my BIL's 50th bday party (clam boil, yum) on Sat, and then Daughter Dilvish's bday/graduation/start of summer party.  So yeah busy.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I put the final varnish spray coat on a dozen Ral Partha/Iron Wind goblins this morning. 

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.c30f75ce1f985f08a7670c2ea95aeb94.jpg

There is only a slight chance of getting anything else finished this month. 

Edited by Rob Dean
7 people like this